Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion

Coast

Seems like this was going to be the first chance for the SE to get some storms but at the last minute... the north steal it :s

Where are you getting that info from? :fool:

Posted

LOL I juat hope it makes it to Bury, am yet to see a storm here this year!

Right on!!!! You chasing on Monday?

Posted

Seems like this was going to be the first chance for the SE to get some storms but at the last minute... the north steal it :s

Two completely different storm chances, nobody has stolen anything.

Now all i've got to do is figure out how to get Tues off work, because it looks like i'll be up all night Monday in the hope of seeing something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Storms, be good now and get THE HECK to Worthing. Thankyou. :|

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

So looking at the charts posted a few posts before looks like Leeds could be in on the action! Praise the lord haha

Amen to that

Posted

Netweather is showing an 81% storm chance for Coventry on Monday now (it was around 60% earlier in the day). Is this realistic or should I expect another light rain shower? (Sorry, I love storms, but I don't know how to read the charts and whatnot... :) )

Edited by Eabie

Posted

To be honest I dont think we'll need to chase the storms as I think they'll be chasing us!!

Haha! Bloody hope so! Got a nice spot towards Gt Barton looking over Bury and the Sugar beet in which i'm hoping to get some CG shots (if it happens!)

Posted

Is it me or has GFS now split Monday nights event into 2 regions? Storms breaking out across the central areas of England in the early afternoon slowly moving up into N.Yorks by late evening. With the MCS later on at night into early Tues running across the SouthEast.

Seems with every run now instead of it being finalised it just throws up more questions than answers.

My plans for using Kings Lynn as a base have gone out the window due to this change in pattern now, I think its literally going to be a case of nowcasting on the day.

Posted

Long time since i've posted ... but still take a daily interest in netweather.

Sorry to hear of so many people "miles" away from the forecast action sites.

Last week i had a very pleasent cycle ride from castle acre to kings lynn along the "nar valley way" ... and

after seeing so much wildlife (adders, water voles, etc) decided to go back tommorow (sunday) with the cameras.

How very convienient the highest storm risk in the whole of east anglia is actually around castle acre. (81%)

Will post pics if i snap any decent cg strikes.

Posted

It makes me laugh though Nick, you would think 4 people would car share and get together even for a 2 day trip, it really would not cost a lot to split the ferry, Petrol and lodgings. :whistling:

There is even a Euro thread in the Stormchasers section on Ukww but no-one seems interested on their eiether :pardon:

I know Paul. Im a member of that topic ( its by request/invitation ) and I posted on it last week, but no takers. Im currently staying on the South Coast but didn't bring my passport down with me :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

i think this will be a let down bbc not saying anything severe about it :(

Does 1987 storm ring any bells!!!!!

Posted

One of the first rules of weather watching: Do not take TV forecasts as gospel! It has been proven again and again how TV forecasts can be pretty inaccurate, and there is no point relying on them.

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Well the beeb have downgraded the rain in the south east to Tuesday now with the rain on Monday missing the SE however it could be quite cloudy on monday but warm or hot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

The BBC forecasters work directly with the met office and there are strict guidelines about what they can and can't say. They also have a social responsibilty to inform but not insight panic. This is why they hold back a lot of the time . They have proceedures to follow which are even stricter if severe weather is a possibility.

As we all know this often stitches them right up! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Haha! Bloody hope so! Got a nice spot towards Gt Barton looking over Bury and the Sugar beet in which i'm hoping to get some CG shots (if it happens!)

I'll wave :D

Edited by Norfolk Sheep