Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Trying to stay positive but its has been a complete balls up. Sorry for being so negative but i have been on here more or less all day and quite a few comments say to stop being negative and there is plenty of time yet. I personlly think its game over up here :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Looking at the radar, litterally, nothing is kicking off in France. What went so spectacularly wrong? :(

ok guys and girls now im confused. Some of you are going nuts saying its kicking off in france and others of you are saying its all gone wrong.

Which is it?? It is going to happen? Its not going to happen? :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Temperature 22.8 °C

Dew Point 15 °C

Humidity 62%

Pressure 1013.8 hPa

22.8 °C at nearly 10pm, it still feels muggy enough for a storm here...if only - it would be nice to get a better nights sleep than last night.

I went out with my camera earlier this evening in the hope things would kick off, sadly not the case, but I did have the pleasure of meeting Paul Sherman and the team up on Dunstable Downs, which was some compensation for not getting a storm!

Posted

chin up folks theres always next time - I'm sure we'll get 2000k CAPE again sometime

:wallbash:

Posted

Typical British Summer - 2 days of horrendous heat and it goes out with a pffffttt (and that's being generous)

Posted

Anyone want to shoot down to France? im sure if we left now we could get there in time. :whistling: I guess Thor likes France better, maybe he enjoys there food better?

Doyah wanna borro my private jet?

If so can you get to Stornaway Airport in time

a few clouds starting to roll in, will i get any thunder? i hope so

If you put your location in your signature and profile, that would be spiffing :good:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Going by local conditions, if we were to get a storm i'd say EAST kent is likely to get the best of the action... Plenty of unstable skies mid-late evening and good acas still ongoing now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

And the London area, on NW radar the cell over Brighton has definately intensified and there are more echos over London now...

Must be an error, the skies couldn't be clearer in all directions!

Posted

Iwouldn't worry Paul its game over down south as well in all likelyhood so we're all in it together

just wish I hadn't promised my 6 year old some good storms

Thats exactly what i did to my daughter and she has fallen asleep on the sofa

The UKMO only had a yellow advisory out for the SE, no actual warnings were issued.

Yep got you there Dave, we saw that only advisories were issued, but precip was forecast to be very heavy - only thinking the high PWAT values may have attributed to this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

a few clouds starting to roll in, will i get any thunder? i hope so

You're in Waterlooville aren't you? I'm in Horndean and just noticed some nice clouds rolling in too - they look similar to the ones I've seen in pics denoting mid level instability - not sure if they'll come to anything but nice to look at in the darkening sky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Well I'm starting to feel really disappointed now :(

The temperature has gone from 26c to 22c in about a hour. We have dew point of 17c and humidity is at 73%.

With Northerly winds.

Does this mean I won't be seeing any action here? We had some large drops of rain earlier within two burst and the wind did pick up. Still feels quite muggy and still outside.

Posted

Still a chance guys! Initiation was always said to be late evening! Still a chance for Eastern regions imo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

If you put your location in your signature and profile, that would be spiffing :good:

Yeah he should but guessing by the word 'smoggy' in the username i guess his from Middlesbrough or nearby Im most likely wrong though :whistling:

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

I remember a day like this last year in southern Ontario -- 23 June. The SPC (Storm Prediction Centre in the USA) gave a Moderate risk to areas of the Midwest that encompassed nearly all of southern Ontario, and Environment Canada even issued some surprisingly serious sounding forecasts. They were clearly worried about the situation. The atmosphere seemed highly juiced for storms. But the cap ultimately proved too strong, and very, very little kicked off. There was a storm that spawned a tornado, but it well to the north of where most people thought the main action would be... and I think the SPC ultimately modified their risk area to mostly exclude Ontario. It was a huge let down considering the hype and excitement from Ontario-based storm fans.

I'm not saying today is a mirror image of that -- I'm not the sort to lose hope as long as there's reason to have some, and I'm not negative nelly at all. But I try not to get *too* excited either (hard as it is sometimes), just because things *do* sometimes go wrong. :p

Still, maybe tonight??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

^^^ agreed game over

You've been saying that or simliar for the past few hours...but your still on here!! :whistling: Reverse physcology methinks!!:D

Posted

You're in Waterlooville aren't you? I'm in Horndean and just noticed some nice clouds rolling in too - they look similar to the ones I've seen in pics denoting mid level instability - not sure if they'll come to anything but nice to look at in the darkening sky!

hi i am in waterlooville, hampshire