Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 6

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

excellent slow motion there Adi.F.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Finally managed to get back online after a power surge during Tuesday's storm, managed to wipe out my phone line and some rather expensive electrical gadgets! I got about 10mins of this storm on my phone, it's in HD but was a bit of a rush job - so excuse me for that! and for the dog who you might hear in the background, he won't be appearing on storm chasers any time soon :-)

If you don't fancy watching it all, T&L peaks around 6-8 mins and about 4:45 I nearly dropped the phone with a rather unexpected rumble!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4U9eqbeEp4E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Finally managed to get back online after a power surge during Tuesday's storm, managed to wipe out my phone line and some rather expensive electrical gadgets! I got about 10mins of this storm on my phone, it's in HD but was a bit of a rush job - so excuse me for that! and for the dog who you might hear in the background, he won't be appearing on storm chasers any time soon :-)

If you don't fancy watching it all, T&L peaks around 6-8 mins and about 4:45 I nearly dropped the phone with a rather unexpected rumble!

How long did that video take to upload. I've been trying to do mine since yesterday and it's taking FOREVER.

Good video.

Posted

New shorts please! :shok:

Great ear-splitting thunderclap at 35 seconds. And I for one know from experience back in July 1994 just what that sounds like.

You saw the camera shake, and yes, it does feel like a seismic wave go around and below you. Lightning struck a tree just behind where I was outside working and I don't think I've ever run so fast in my entire life.

Forget that athlete called Bolt, this was one bolt I did move athletically from. :D

Phil.

Posted

How long did that video take to upload. I've been trying to do mine since yesterday and it's taking FOREVER.

Good video.

About 75 mins I think, it was a 900mb video though.

Posted

Hi

Here are a couple of short camcorder clips taken from my home in Barnet, North London on the 28 June 2011.

The first is a very close strike at around 1.40pm (BST) and the next is another about 20 minutes later! Hope you can view them OK. Very impressed by all the other reports and clips other people have posted.

Derry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Blimey!!!! 4:45 was incredibly close!!

I had a couple like that, though alas I don't yet own a proper video camera! Good capture!

Posted

gah! I give up my video keeps failing to upload on YT :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Seriously terrifying - how did you not turn the air blue? :D

FWIW the telegraph pole near my sister's house (she lives up a bridleway near Haslemere) was struck - her nearest neighbour had just about everything fried, including exploding lightbulbs and he was chucked out of his office chair blink.gif She said she staggered backwards when it happened and felt quick sick afterwards. Somehow they only lost the Sky box (no great loss :D) and the landline was only sorted yesterday.

I know we often wish for storms like this but.....hmm......wacko.gif

Posted

finally got round to posting my video! Two extremely close strikes at the beginning.

Thanks Adi F for all your help with sorting it out.

Edited by Lauren

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

EDIT: Wrong Thread.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Finally a storm here in my end of Leeds. :yahoo:

Posted

finally got round to posting my video! Two extremely close strikes at the beginning.

Not a problem, give us a shout if you need help again.

Posted

Seriously terrifying - how did you not turn the air blue? :D

FWIW the telegraph pole near my sister's house (she lives up a bridleway near Haslemere) was struck - her nearest neighbour had just about everything fried, including exploding lightbulbs and he was chucked out of his office chair blink.gif She said she staggered backwards when it happened and felt quick sick afterwards. Somehow they only lost the Sky box (no great loss :D) and the landline was only sorted yesterday.

I know we often wish for storms like this but.....hmm......wacko.gif

Wow, that's pretty extreme. I could have done with losing a few light bulbs rather than the stack of equipment in my hallway! Typically anything of any value died yet the 50p fish tank filter still lives on unknw.gif You always hear of people shutting down equipment in storms but I never really took much notice until the other day - I'll be one of those now, for sure!

Posted

Great video, Lauren. :-) Was that "Oh cluck" you said at about 0:48 seconds? :winky: Mind you, I've had probably done and said the same given that circumstance. (Plus aged about 30 years for a short time!)

And closing your window? You lose the proper sound effects. I did that in May 2003 and the end result sounded like a low stomach rumble. Wasn't impressed so binned it.

Phil.

Posted

Great video, Lauren. :-) Was that "Oh cluck" you said at about 0:48 seconds? :winky: Mind you, I've had probably done and said the same given that circumstance. (Plus aged about 30 years for a short time!)

And closing your window? You lose the proper sound effects. I did that in May 2003 and the end result sounded like a low stomach rumble. Wasn't impressed so binned it.

Phil.

I know it was silly of me to close the window but the rain was really coming in. Towards the end of the video I opened it a crack so the sound came back.