Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

6 July 2011 - Storm/Convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted

It'd be interesting to hear from anyone around Stoke right now. Can see the shower on NW Radar and from my location, but no reports at 'ground zero' other than Staffordshire whomn I believe would be in the cell i'm currently looking at atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

its only 2pm and theirs is loads of activity around and plenty of time to build some action, and whats on the horizon for the south to is looking increasingy interesting!

heres the lifted index chart-see the yellow over the areas where we have some storms now, this is the unstable airmass

11070612_0606.gif12pm

11070618_0606.gifevening

look at the yellow areas into the west this evening....

:help: an interesting period for sure..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Some of the showers in the NW Midlands are starting to turn thundery now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Some of the showers in the NW Midlands are starting to turn thundery now.

Alza Matey, where is this second storm you say is "brewing" to the south I only have raintoday radar presently at work!

Posted

Can you put your location in your profile so we can see where you are please?!! :good:

That it didn't happen here hahaha, on the program 'Tornado Road' :D

It'd be interesting to hear from anyone around Stoke right now. Can see the shower on NW Radar and from my location, but no reports at 'ground zero' other than Staffordshire whomn I believe would be in the cell i'm currently looking at atm.

Yeah I had a preety intense 10 minutes of hail/rain, I'm had the southern edge of that.

Posted

Alza Matey, where is this second storm you say is "brewing" to the south I only have raintoday radar presently at work!

I'm not sure, before it looked really black again, now I think we'll just get a spell of ordinary rain. Still, I can't complain after that show, even if it did flood my garage and almost strike my house!

Posted

Im in Ashington at the min and the thunder is booming up here lightning every 30 secs

Webcam seems to not like thunderstorms as i cant get it working

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Really are some breathtaking clouds about today.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The more general area of light to moderate rain coming into Cornwall and SW Wales seems to be killing off the convection ahead of it across the rest of Wales, the MIdlands and much of the south.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

The more general area of light to moderate rain coming in to Cornwall and SW Wales seems to be killing off the convection ahead of it across the mid and Wales, the MIdlands and much of the south.

Yep, lets hope it gets out the way of here during the night as I'm greedy and would love another thunderstorm tomorrow!

Posted

Can you put your location in your profile so we can see where you are please?!! :good:

He is in Lichfield

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

very dark clouds heading towards me from the south,strong sunshine atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Looks a rather narrow band of rain, heavy though to the SW, this should clear rather quickly on the stronger winds.

Posted

Heavy rain again, but this is just normal rain, there doesn't look to be any more thunder across Tyneside today.

Posted

Looks a rather narrow band of rain, heavy though to the SW, this should clear rather quickly on the stronger winds.

Yes just a trough wrapped around the low, it certainly will not be bringing Armageddon!

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

South Shields happened to be prime spot for 'tail-end Charlie' and managed to capture a very brief funnel coming down from some very ominous rotating fractus.

post-5386-0-32719100-1309960273_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Well I saw it coming from Stoke direction and decided a walk to Tesco was needed to view the storm. And not a sausage. :(

Intense rain over the hills East of Macc, but other than that nothing. :(

Hope theres more coming for me, unless the stafford storm of 9 May, has completely used my quota for this year. Lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi S_J...just got back home from Manchester and drove through that little beasty....Quite active with several IC lightning flashes, lots of crackling on the am car radio, most of the activity seemed just off the M6 motorway near J15 in the Kidsgrove region

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Just heavy showers passing through in the west country, no sign what so ever of any thunder or lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Looks like another day of nothing. The rainn eased off in the morning and nothing since. Is there a better chance for tonight?

Posted

somehow the Stoke cell just kept on backbuilding to its southeastern edge, meaning even Buxton and Matlock missed out on that one. Significantly dark however looking towards it but it's looking more like a pulse-type setup where its convectivity keeps coming and going in cycles.

Thanks AJ btw. the NW radar shows it's still lively around its southern end, evenmoreso now. Its not finished with yet.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

seems to be some sferics just started quite close by, listening out for thunder.