Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

6 July 2011 - Storm/Convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very unstable air following the front here, big Cu and Cb's about.

Some impressive ones passing close to the east as seen from the stream/ cam presently:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I wonder if there could be storms over night in the post rainband air? BBC shows the main band passed here by midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Forecast For NE England Note The Rainband:

Headline:

Thundery heavy showers. Bright spells.

This Evening and Tonight:

Bright at first this evening with a few showers. Cloud will quickly increase with heavier band of showers spreading northeastwards overnight, possibly with thunder. Showers clearing for a time, then further showers later. Brisk southerly winds developing. Minimum temperature 10 °C.

Thursday:

Bright with sunny spells and a scattering of showers. Showers locally very heavy and thundery. Generally light or moderate southerly winds. Maximum temperature 18 °C.

Updated: 1459 on Wed 6 Jul 2011

Looking good up here for a change this year. We have certainly had our fair share, it would be nice to see more places including down south seeing some thundery spells though, I feel their frustration!

Posted

Strikes in SW Wales now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Strikes in SW Wales now.

Wheiii! Some rough looking showers around Carmarthen and Llandeilo! Heavy Rain here but plenty of dark clouds around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Just been out walking the dog and have had a good look around. There are very few shower clouds around now (the temp is 18°C) and what there is seems to be very high based. This is backed up by the humidity which has dropped to 54%.

Way off to the west I can see cirrus clouds and I figure that is the frontal shield heading my way so, until this passes, I guess no storms over this way :nonono:

A little bit of a disappointment today as it started off quite well with a light shower and reports of thunder from Scunny but it never quite materialised, although these were a few strikes in the vicinity on the NW radar overlay. Needless to say, I never heard or saw anything - not even a sprite on AM as I was listening to Radio Five Live for most of the day. Was some good CBs to the NE over the N Sea mid afternoon though which looked quite nice.

Tomorrow then brings more opportunities: I too have noriced the strike in Cardigan Bay, so it looks like the air behind the front is unstable too but I haven't seen any soundings or anything. Everything now seems to be rotating around the blob of convection that is spinning off Cork in the Irish Sea. This must be quite interesting in itself. Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Forecast For NE England Note The Rainband:

Headline:

Thundery heavy showers. Bright spells.

This Evening and Tonight:

Bright at first this evening with a few showers. Cloud will quickly increase with heavier band of showers spreading northeastwards overnight, possibly with thunder. Showers clearing for a time, then further showers later. Brisk southerly winds developing. Minimum temperature 10 °C.

Thursday:

Bright with sunny spells and a scattering of showers. Showers locally very heavy and thundery. Generally light or moderate southerly winds. Maximum temperature 18 °C.

Updated: 1459 on Wed 6 Jul 2011

Looking good up here for a change this year. We have certainly had our fair share, it would be nice to see more places including down south seeing some thundery spells though, I feel their frustration!

I reckon NE England is best placed yet again tomorrow, though the risk should be a little more widespread. After having my house get struck by lightning I shall be unplugging everything if we do get a storm tomorrow!

Posted

Epic storm in Cupar in Fife. Good solid hour. Saw no lighting but the thunder was some of the loudest I've heard ever and the rain was just crazy as hell. Was like someone just threw an ocean on us.

Posted

I reckon NE England is best placed yet again tomorrow, though the risk should be a little more widespread. After having my house get struck by lightning I shall be unplugging everything if we do get a storm tomorrow!

lol aye it seems Thor is holidaying in the great northeast this summer. Looks like some more showers are pepping up around the Darlington area now...

Posted

Wheiii! Some rough looking showers around Carmarthen and Llandeilo! Heavy Rain here but plenty of dark clouds around!

Welcome to Netweather Liam!

Deiniolen sure has been wet this year!

Posted

Showers over Wales look interesting on netw radar, though not thundery seem pretty heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Well intense rain shower from 8pm to 8:30pm but sadly no hail/thunder/lightning

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Welcome to Netweather Liam!

Deiniolen sure has been wet this year!

haha! Thanks! Yes, everytime I phone home from Cardiff, Mum's saying "Oh the weather is horrible rain, rain, rain!", while I've been enjoying the sunshine since don't know when in Cardiff! Rain hasn't been that heavy today though but plenty of moderate rain showers. Plenty of heavy showers to the south of me now, yet nothing thundery.

Posted

Rainbow for almost an hour east of here and great CBs now coming into view- webcam stream turned to the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Tons of showers feeding into SW Britain now - this bodes well for the rest of us tomorrow, especially in E and NE England again.

Posted

Tons of showers feeding into SW Britain now - this bodes well for the rest of us tomorrow, especially in E and NE England again.

Do you think we should be careful not to turn this thread in to a NE rampers thread :pardon: Is the front of that rainband becoming electrified or am I looking at old strikes?

Posted

Do you think we should be careful not to turn this thread in to a NE rampers thread :pardon: Is the front of that rainband becoming electrified or am I looking at old strikes?

Please don't forget us Welsh rampers toopardon.gif

Posted

aha looks like it's all gone tots up again for us in the west mids :( yet again the NE gets it...

Definately some rotation off the coast of Wales.

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

The strikes are lagged behind so probably from where the showers ahead of the band were an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Although I caught a local BBC North East forecast saying that "hopefully" it would become dry by Sunday, it looks like remaining showery in north-east England until at least Sunday and possibly Monday. Tomorrow looks like seeing N and NE England with the highest potential for hail and thunder, Friday will have high potential across most parts, and then the weekend will see low pressure easing off to the NE allowing a generally north-westerly flow, and thundery showers likely down the eastern side of England, again possibly heaviest in the northeast.

Showers should start to die away in western and southern areas into the weekend though and by Monday there probably won't be too many showers left even in the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Finally, some hope of storms tomorrow (according to the M.O. anyway...) Woohoooooooo! :clap:

Thursday:

Bright with sunny spells and a scattering of showers. Showers will be locally very heavy and thundery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

What reigion is that for puruplepixi?

London and South East (which includes Hampshire)