Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

16 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Have I? I recall an evening April or may? probably about a mile away from me, nothing other than that, had some very heavy downpours... no direct storms...

No your memory is poor, you posted this back in June:

Certinally some good ingrediants there! This could bring me my 2nd storm of the year! I'll try asking Joey over at met

monkey, I'll go by his word :)!

So you were already out of the No Storms Club in June by your own admission

and a few days later you posted this:

Yeah I'm south staffs :D I've had one decent storm it looks like us W Middlanders could do good tommorow!

Edited by Tonyh

But you have had storms in Lichfield?

At least two

I think there's quite a few members on here who actually have had storms this year, but prefer to say otherwise. Likely excuse is that the storms haven't passed directly overhead (which is extremely unlikely). Here we haven't had a direct overhead storm for some time, certainly not this year, but I've heard thunder and seen lightning from this location, so therefore I'm ineligible for the "No Storms Club" haha :rolleyes:

Posted

I see, I haven't had any lightening storms... I've had hail, torrential rain. And I'm preety sure when I say there are good ingrediants that was on a satarday after the day of the Spanish plume (not 28th)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

I thought that you had to be Struck by lightning these days to get out of the no Storms club 2011 :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

The few of us left in The No Storms Club have NOT had anything at all!! If a storm does occur it usually is seen on the radar about 5 miles away which is very frustrating. Storms are always about 5 miles to the East, West, South and North of me . Look who's been getting all the storms this year!:rolleyes:

Feel free to carry this on in the NSC where it's more appropiate.

Anyway, back to todays storms, after a lot of rain the clouds are clearing and I see blue sky.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sunny and warm here now with clearing skies. Daw pont Stu? Haha, though I can't laugh because I do things like that all the time!

Posted

I think alot of us are used to shattering disappointment Dave,After some early rain the sun has come out with a bit of convection going on but i dont think anything storm wise will happen,As for the NSC i think i will have a long time or even permanent membership.Any how i hope something does happen here and best of luck to all.

Posted

I see, I haven't had any lightening storms... I've had hail, torrential rain. And I'm preety sure when I say there are good ingrediants that was on a satarday after the day of the Spanish plume (not 28th)

Same here in Tamworth,although we did have a brief storm here last Friday evening about tea time, with hail too. Other than that we have been 10 to 15 away from any storms, but as I type now it's gone fairly dark, with some rain but no thunder, after early frontal rain has cleared.

Posted

Some pretty turbulent skies out now that the front has passed through and plenty of convection to boot.

Always a good sign of instability showers when I see this which I took about 35 minutes ago...

post-8209-0-89216000-1310819279_thumb.jp

And no, our shed is not on fire, just merely rainwater evaporation. :)

Phil.

Posted

Stormy skies over Coventry:

http://www.bablakeweather.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well its cleared very quickly here but have a feeling not much will happen today south of about Manchester but then again there seems to be some good convection and the skies have cleared very well since the rain. :)

Well its cleared very quickly here but have a feeling not much will happen today south of about Manchester but then again there seems to be some good convection and the skies have cleared very well since the rain. :)

LOL, I like how you say that and now there is a torrential shower south of Manchester! I wonder if it'll chuck out any thunder? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A fair bit of Thundery activity in Scotland right now. Meanwhile were passing inbetween two heavy showers... :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Pretty much been raining all day, which is good as we are need of some rain. Need to go check my rainguage shortly.

Posted

A few squall lines developing now, one from the Norfolk coast down through the London area towards the IOW and the other from the

East Devon coast up through Dorset/Somerset into Wiltshire.

You have to zoom in on the NW Radar to see the brief intensity of the rain, but driving through it was not pleasant.

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

Thunder in this area now, not that frequent, maybe a rumble every 5 minutes or so, some extremely heavy downpours around but very localised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Torrential rain in Newcastle, flooded roads everywhere. No thunder though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like Cleadon is going to catch the southern flank of that rainstorm over Newcastle- it's been dull and wet so far but the next belt of rain is definitely convective in nature.