Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

03/08/2011 - Lightning

Posted

The one decent shot I got from last night's storm. I'd have liked a closer bolt and a bit more central but I can't complain, it was just nice to see some night time lightning for the first time in a couple of years!

IMG_4196donesmall.jpg

Posted

I have been experimenting with lightning shots and am finding it very hard to get a crisp/clean exposure. Have experimented with different ND filters but to no avail. What F stop/shutter speed do you generally find works well? I have been using manual focus and set my lens to infinate and just snap away with a remote shutter but still find I am getting blur or pixelated images :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

I have been experimenting with lightning shots and am finding it very hard to get a crisp/clean exposure. Have experimented with different ND filters but to no avail. What F stop/shutter speed do you generally find works well? I have been using manual focus and set my lens to infinate and just snap away with a remote shutter but still find I am getting blur or pixelated images :(

Hi Lewis, its easy to overexpose pics when taking long exposure, first make sure you set the ISO to 100 or 200 it gives cleaner images, and allows longer exposures.