Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

hahaha shocking.

Its completely broke up and split east / west of here.

Shocker.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just when I thought that I wouldn't see anymore lightning or thunder as it had been about 15-20mins since the last one, we just got another strick close by with some decent thunder :)

Posted

I've just realised I've sent a document out this morning substituting the word lightning for lighting!!! See how I've become? crazy.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Pouring down!

What a crap summer both in sun/heat and storms :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

I've just realised I've sent a document out this morning substituting the word lightning for lighting!!! See how I've become? crazy.gif

lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hi all sat on the top of a hill with lovely views of the sky between gloucester and tewkesbury still quite cloudy but sun is slowly breaking through yay

Posted

thunder and lightninnn was takin a vid on my phone.. but missed all the lightning onit pointing me phone the wrong way but can hear the thunder

Looking at the radar on, rain today, the storm that passed over you is just about to hit me here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Cardiff West and North getting a soaking! Still nothing here in Cathays but you can feel that something is about to change!camera1035.jpg?freshcall=Fri%20Aug%2026%202011%2013:50:42%20GMT+0100%20(GMT%20Daylight%20Time)camera174.jpg?freshcall=Fri Aug 26 2011 13:51:48 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I think the storm over me is intensifying a bit as I have gone from not having any thunder or lightning for 20mins to having 2 bright flashes and 4 rumbles of thunder in the last minute or so! Hope it keeps growing and gives more thunder and lightning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Heavy rain here and its gone very dark. Would listen out for thunder as it looks like it could go any minute, but I know there is no chance of storms here. Us Yorkshire folk will have to settle for just rain today. Looking good for other areas this afternoon though. Good luck all.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Hi all sat on the top of a hill with lovely views of the sky between gloucester and tewkesbury still quite cloudy but sun is slowly breaking through yay

Good luck jane! We've had some rain (2nd night on the trot), and now it's clearing to allow the sun to poke through and brighten it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Posted · Hidden by gottolovethisweather, August 26, 2011 - duplicate
Hidden by gottolovethisweather, August 26, 2011 - duplicate

lol

Ah but you are LIGHTENING up our day. blum.gif

Could be going to get something nasty any moment here in Newbury, it looks like armageddon out to my southwest. clapping.gif

Game on.

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

thunder and lightning here in Rhoose after an hour of torrential rain !clapping.gif

Edited by Phantom2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Heavy rain just started here - thought I saw a flash but can't confirm it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ah but you are LIGHTENING up our day. blum.gif

Could be going to get something nasty any moment here in Newbury, it looks like armageddon out to my southwest. clapping.gif

Game on.

gottolovethisweather

Confirmed two thunderclaps thus far so my 6th thunder heard/lightning seen day of the year.

It is so so dark it's actually quite scary.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Looking at the Netweather 5 min radar a storm looks to be out over the north west of Cardiff, and building all the time but staying stationary. The Talbot Green area looks like its had a massive soaking (ps im not local just looking at the radar)

However compared to the stuff approching Newbury from the West its nothing, a long line of intense rainfall. If there is not thunder and lightening associated with that today you would have to be gutted!

In Shrewsbury we seem to be in the middle of everything as all the rain is litterally revolving around this area, and were stuck under a grey murk, but its humid as hell. A small cell to the south over Churchstoke seems to have been there for ages!

Posted

Some pretty impressive forked lightning here in the last hour for the second time this summer when we usually just get sheet lightning and we were on the edge of the storm.Some rain but not very heavy

Posted

Looking at the Netweather 5 min radar a storm looks to be out over the north west of Cardiff, and building all the time but staying stationary. The Talbot Green area looks like its had a massive soaking (ps im not local just looking at the radar)

However compared to the stuff approching Newbury from the West its nothing, a long line of intense rainfall. If there is not thunder and lightening associated with that today you would have to be gutted!

In Shrewsbury we seem to be in the middle of everything as all the rain is litterally revolving around this area, and were stuck under a grey murk, but its humid as hell. A small cell to the south over Churchstoke seems to have been there for ages!

My girlfriend lives in the Talbot Green area I've just spoken to her they do have a storm. Im on the edge of it in far NE Cardiff. We had some very heavy rain though. Skies brighter now.

Posted

Holy poo.

Some serious flooding is likely after this downpour, very impressive rainrates too I imagine.

Well done Nick F and Harry and others with their predictions.

Thundery Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

My girlfriend lives in the Talbot Green area I've just spoken to her they do have a storm. Im on the edge of it in far NE Cardiff. We had some very heavy rain though. Skies brighter now.

Im now on the eastern edge of the storm I believe is now over Talbot Green, which has slowly given some nice overhead flashes and deep rumbles of thunder, keeping getting rumbles every now and then from it!

Do you think the storm over NW Cardiff will hit Bridgend? As it now all seems to be moving to the south/south west.

Posted

I do believe the front is actually moving slower than was forecast...

Blue skies towards my south now, nice to get some heating going on!

Posted

Im now on the eastern edge of the storm I believe is now over Talbot Green, which has slowly given some nice overhead flashes and deep rumbles of thunder, keeping getting rumbles every now and then from it!

Do you think the storm over NW Cardiff will hit Bridgend? As it now all seems to be moving to the south/south west.

Have you seen whats north of Bridgend:O

things actually seem to be pivoting (think thats the word) around S.Wales now in an anticlockwise direction.

Edited by Wales123098

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

hahaha not a drop of rain all day.

The Gloster Shield is holding firm this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Looking at the radar, the intensity of the storm over Talbot Green has died off, so I would expect that storm to be easing off, but to the north of there in Porth and Pontypridd a large area of intense raifall has grown over the last 10 minutes on the radar, and is heading in much the same direction to the south west... will keep an eye on it for you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Some nice towering clouds in the southern horizon of Crewe. On the train to Manchester now though, travelling into that less dynamic frontal muck