Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

is it my wishful thinking or are the sferics moving down with the cells from Liverpoolunknw.gif

Arnie Pie

SW Birmingham

Wishful thinking- lol. I've not even seen a distant flash of lightning.

Posted

saw the liverpool storm from here at about 9 oclock, noticed the cb against the dusk sky with fairly frequent flashes from

within it, a nice sight , just seen a couple more distant flashes but seemed to have died off now

Posted

The showers feeding in around the Irish Sea should continue for most of the night, though the sferics will taper off.

Posted

Typical. Wait all year for a midlands storm and on the day we travel Portsmouth way the mids get one! shucks. Not a sausage down here either sad.png

I sympathise with that. Was early September 2008 with all the flooding in the south west. No storm of note where I live apart from intense rain on the Saturday morning that we travelled south west in pouring rain for a family holiday in Exmouth.

Then what happens,,, On that same Saturday evening, an overhead thunderstorm in my part of Solihull. Now if that isn't Sod's Law, then I don't know what is.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Looks like it wont arrive here until saturday afternoon at this rate 0: And by then it will have the heat of the shine to pulse it up again..

..more stuff tomo in places!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Not a sausage here again all day here again! Story of the summer!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Had a second storm pass through Heathrow area around 19.40, was driving through it with rain so heavy with lightning flashing around - it reminded me of core punching on the Plains of the Mid-West for a moment, though without the hail.

Looks like the turn of southern Scotland, E and NE England tomorrow, T+24 fax shows a trough where storms are possible tomorrow:

post-1052-0-95826500-1314401138_thumb.pn

Posted

Had a second storm pass through Heathrow area around 19.40, was driving through it with rain so heavy with lightning flashing around - it reminded me of core punching on the Plains of the Mid-West for a moment, though without the hail.

Looks like the turn of southern Scotland, E and NE England tomorrow, T+24 fax shows a trough where storms are possible tomorrow:

Indeed Nick, Metoffice also keen for showers around North Wales, Northwest England and the North Midlands too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just had an incredible downpour! No thunder but the rainfall was unforgetable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Those afternoon and evening storms across London looks big from here, im sureit was exciting under them! did get a violent afteroon downpour though, im sure i heard deep rumbles with that one and a few flashes at dusk that must have been lighting. ive realished that its not the SE thats had many storms this season but London or stormdon!

0:

Those afternoon and evening storms across London looks big from here, im sureit was exciting under them! did get a violent afteroon downpour though, im sure i heard deep rumbles with that one and a few flashes at dusk that must have been lighting. ive realished that its not the SE thats had many storms this season but London or stormdon!

0:

Posted

Those at Creamfields should be getting a nice soaking tonight with the showers moving through the NW coastline from Liverpool up into Cumbria at the minute blum.gif

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by gpspete, August 27, 2011 - moved to the No Storms Club 2011
Hidden by gpspete, August 27, 2011 - moved to the No Storms Club 2011

if you have not seen any lightning hire these guys

hmm perhaps i should of posted this in the no storms club

http://lightningforhire.co.nz/

Edited by gpspete
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

another incredible downpour has just woke me up, the garden is flooded again! There's some powerfull cells out there this morning.

edit, that rain was so heavy it's set a car alarm off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Oh lovely, still raining.........and I bet as I'm away from home today we get a blasted TS....rolleyes.gif