Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

It's wierd but it's gone really cold down here. I usually don't feel the cold but have just had to shut the door & put a sweatshirt on! Weatherstation says temp is 15.2oC, humidity 80% (has dropped 1 degree in less than an hour) but with windchill feels like 13.4! Brrrrrrrr!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Absolutely zilch here near Sherborne. We had about an hour of rain this morning, but, since then nothing. The radar shows that it is going round us and we're in the hole in the middle! Now the rain seems to be moving SE and we may be in line for some before too long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Lightning and thunder very weak to my South anyone report?

Can see something, but all this stuff passing through is as you say very weak. (Boring IMHO)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

at last a thunderstorm is coming. Have heard 10 rumbles from it so far and it's getting closer and intensifing. currently to my south west.

Posted

Can see something, but all this stuff passing through is as you say very weak. (Boring IMHO)

Tell me about it was really hoping for a good storm this arvo yet again nout!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Some nice stuff heading in this general direction (likely heading towards Telford though) off the Mersey. a line from Liverpool (where T and L) Reported to Chester... Still time for us today, but looks like I may be just to far west now. Plenty for Telford, Staffs West Mids to look for though should it hold together or intensify.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Cell to the West of Birmingham just burst into life,,,,,,,no sparks yet

It started to 'power up' right over my head, quite intense echoes now as its drifted over birmingham, there are still showers developing to our NW....maybe a tad of nocturnal cooling might just spark these up for a little while...The air is still pretty unstable even at this hour, still some surface cape (although with no daytime heating its not much of an influence) some MLCAPE, the lower & mid-levels are still quite boyant, and lapse rates are still steep

What direction is it heading? and could you post the latest NW radar output of the cells around this area please?

Your wish is my command...

post-4149-0-14112400-1314387638.txt

Posted

Im really happy with the one that has burst into life to the north east of Birmingham too, I looked at the radar at just the right time and it brought a smile to my face.

Posted

Nice one Aj! Hoping they'll head in a nice SE direction to get me :D

It started to 'power up' right over my head, quite intense echoes now as its drifted over birmingham, there are still showers developing to our NW....maybe a tad of nocturnal cooling might just spark these up for a little while...The air is still pretty unstable even at this hour, still some surface cape (although with no daytime heating its not much of an influence) some MLCAPE, the lower & mid-levels are still quite boyant, and lapse rates are still steep

Your wish is my command...

post-4149-0-14112400-1314387638.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very dark here at 8pm with all streetlights on. Just had a MASSIVE Downpour. No Thunder or Lightning but biggest downpour of the year by far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Weve had about 10mm of rain in just 20 minutes here! Incredible. Havent heard any thunder here Arnie?

EDIT: Scrap that Lightning now!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Very heavy downpour here in the past half hour. Looks like it electrified just as it moved east of me as there are reports of thunder from Halesowen and Bromsgrove (which always seems to be in the right place!).

Looking at the radar...I may be a little tad too far west for anything else now...but you can never say never in these situations.

Posted

Don't spose you or someone else could do me a favour and post the NW updates to me in private message?

Weve had about 10mm of rain in just 20 minutes here! Incredible. Havent heard any thunder here Arnie?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Still waiting here in Penkridge Luke, the cell to my NW is ever so slowly creeping south east about 10 miles to my NW...will pop out into my garden me thinks, if I look south I should be able to see lightning from your cell

Posted

This is epic, the best storm I've seen for a long time. Lightning strikes towards town/Birkenhead.

I just did a long video. I'll try to get it uploaded at some point.

Posted

Recon it will get me?

Still waiting here in Penkridge Luke, the cell to my NW is ever so slowly creeping south east about 10 miles to my NW...will pop out into my garden me thinks, if I look south I should be able to see lightning from your cell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Can confirm lightning in the distance. Weak storm forming over North Wales. Raining moderately. No thunder heard.

Posted

Radar shows we took the full force of the rain. Only seen a couple of flashes and too south for me to see anything now I think. Im happy with that. :D

Posted

So frustrating! The track of showers appears to be across Wolverhampton, down through Dudley and towards Redditch...in otherwords my immediate east! I'm surprised at how quickly west to east it all went.

Haven't seen or heard anything here....just the heavy downpour as it went through.