Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25th into 26th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Thunder and lightning! First of this year!!! biggrin.png

We've now got a power cut though..running on battery now until they fix!! Its all heading SE by the looks of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Still no thunder here after Ireland having 3 slight risks on the trot. I did however get large raindrops today from a developing CB.

It'll all change though when I start traversing Europe next week. I'll be in NW France for 4 days next week and it is looking good for some storms atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

ARGH! So jealous of the thunderstorm over Bristol. Nothing here - just grey skies with light drizzle!

Posted

Quite a random short burst of an intense storm here, wasnt expecting it either, always a bonus.

Mostly clear and sunny now again but some dark counds out west.

Posted

Argh we keep getting power surges on each strike. Think its clearing to the SE now. Verrrrry dark to my north with very heavy rain showing on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

a glimmer of hope here as a cell coming down the cheshire gap is starting to look a bit more organised and hopefully is tapping into a region of better instability as it tracks SE towrds me....However, the approaching dusk might well kill it before it gets here....just like last night!

cant imagine it being thundery, looks like maybe sliding by to the west anyway

Posted

Argh we keep getting power surges on each strike. Think its clearing to the SE now. Verrrrry dark to my north with very heavy rain showing on the radar.

Congrats on finally getting a storm! Sounds great - shame the south of Bristol obviously don't deserve one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Started raining again here, certainly looks like heavy rain in the Bristol area & to the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

cant imagine it being thundery, looks like maybe sliding by to the west anyway

You really are a regular ray of sunshine, aren't you Mark! laugh.png

Posted

Congrats on finally getting a storm! Sounds great - shame the south of Bristol obviously don't deserve one.

Ye weve had about 4 flashes and now its just very dark with heavy rain Im sure we got more heading south from SE Wales so Bristol might get something? :) Depends if it keeps developing!

Posted

That cell you mentioned AJ looks to be heading just north of me, so looks to be between Telford and you. The shield is holding well, managed to kill any cells yesterday and done a good job so far today.

Posted

I think a storm is getting nearer smile.png

Good luck jane.If you don't see a storm you should at least get some heavy raingood.gif

Posted

Ye weve had about 4 flashes and now its just very dark with heavy rain Im sure we got more heading south from SE Wales so Bristol might get something? smile.png Depends if it keeps developing!

Fair enough. That's it though - Bristol have had it but everwhere south of there hasn't - not even heard anything distant.

Heavy rain now falling and quite a mammilary base to the cloud above - I really pray for thunder!

Posted

Just watching reading festival and there is some brilliant cloud formations you can see in the background....

Had a fairly hefty shower here earlier with "ONE" rumble of thunder ... But got a brilliant rainbow!!

Looking at various radars reckon it's going to bumpy flight time going over Europe.

Posted

That's not fair Micheal lol,i've waiting for a storm for over 3 years now,And when one does come to Bristol it still misses me,Had a friend txt me just asking if i had a storm,when i said no he found it strange,but he said i wasn't missing much as it's not a full blown storm just a bit of lightning and a few rumbles and has gone now,that maybe the case but still frustrating i didn't even get that,ah well always next year i guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

Just come over dark here - enough to have to put the lights on.

Been raining most of the day but this feels different.

Edited to say it was only rain!!!!

Edited by 1200max

Posted

Torrential rain and thunder & lightning in Surbiton this afternoon, during our woodland walk: http://reefseeker.tumblr.com/post/9419589171. The sky has gone very dark again now and it is raining heavily; hoping for more thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

still raining & still no thundermad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

That cell you mentioned AJ looks to be heading just north of me, so looks to be between Telford and you. The shield is holding well, managed to kill any cells yesterday and done a good job so far today.

yep, it's certainly slow moving, it appeared to be weakening but the past 2 or 3 radar frames its strengthening, also rather interestingly more showers are cropping up to the NW indeed the NW detector is picking a few strikes