Cold?
IGNORED

6th October 2011 - Convective/storm Potential Discussion & Reports

Nick F

Posted

such a shame. Just missed Suffolk again but has begun raining now

Edited by lewisosd

Posted

Lol what a day. We don't get any storms for a year and a half, and in just this day alone we've had a thundery shower cross a mile or two to the North, convective SLWs bringing up to 50mph winds buffeting the tree's in short bursts, hail, and now a second thundery shower from what looks like another squall line moving southwards into the Midlands again. Quite a treat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Short thunderstorm here in the last 15 minutes. Several flashes of lightning and cracks of thunder and a short burst of very heavy rain and hail; the best storm here this year.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Short thunderstorm here in the last 15 minutes. Several flashes of lightning and cracks of thunder and a short burst of very heavy rain and hail; the best storm here this year.

And some very strong gusts to, it must of peaked 60 65mph at one point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just seen a couple of flashes of distant lightning out to my east, probably somewhere in the region of Burton-Upon-Trent towards Tamworth

Posted

God, the storm potential has been crap this year (just like last year) when a few rumbles of thunder, heavy rain and a distant flash of lightening is classed as a Thunder storm sad.png

Edited by snow raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

God, the storm potential has been crap this year (just like last year) when a few rumbles of thunder, heavy rain and a distant flash of lightening is classed as a Thunder storm sad.png

Tell me about it. Up until 2007, it wouldn't even be noteworthy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Absolutely insane rain and hail here with gusty winds at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Very heavy showers today, no lightning though. Just torrential hail. Had fun watching the aircraft fly over leeds city centre allmost sideways as usual though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Apparently Lightning just to my North East according to the Lightning detectors right now or a bit earlier. smile.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Storms in the NW last night. We had thunder, lightning and hail in Preston around 7.45 - 8.30 accompanied by strong gusty winds. A house in Lancaster was also struck by lightning around the same time. Overall not been a bad year here for storms laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just had a look at the NW Extra rainfall accumulation chart for the past 12 hours....I've had 1/2 inch of rainfall last night in the form of convective ppn, which is by far the most rainfall in a 12 hour period that I've had since May 9th!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Some lovely cloudscapes around here at the moment but mostly light showers so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Nothing here. Just scattered cumulus clouds in amongst clear blue skies.

Edited by wimblettben

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Some fairly lively cells moving SSE this afternoon and lightning detected to the N and E of London towards East Anglia.

Yes we have also had some showers but no lightning activity as the sferics map clearly shows.sorry.gif

Was a nice cell that formed north of London Gatwick with some thunder apparently yesterday.

I see CB's to my south west and west heading south east bound too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just seen a couple of flashes of distant lightning out to my east, probably somewhere in the region of Burton-Upon-Trent towards Tamworth

I heard reports of this today, frequent lightning, for around 20 minutes, from someone living in the gnosall area, looking east, at around 10pm last night, I didnt see or hear anything