Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Most Hated Weather.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Today's weather has been the weather that I hate the most. Mild temperatures bringing periods of drizzle, low cloud and murk. If outside the drizzle is enough to soak you without being proper rain and then with a proper rain coat on you are too hot because of the temperature.

Driving in this weather is a nuisance as well. The drizzle obstructs your view and is often enough to be in between windscreen wiper settings. The window insides steam up and because of the temperature then the best way is to clear this is to whack the temperature up and open the window at the same time.

The weather even tried to ruin a bonfire display this evening.

I just hate it, really hate it.

Anyone else want to join me in hating this type of weather? There can't be anything worse can there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Today's weather has been the weather that I hate the most. Mild temperatures bringing periods of drizzle, low cloud and murk. If outside the drizzle is enough to soak you without being proper rain and then with a proper rain coat on you are too hot because of the temperature.

Driving in this weather is a nuisance as well. The drizzle obstructs your view and is often enough to be in between windscreen wiper settings. The window insides steam up and because of the temperature then the best way is to clear this is to whack the temperature up and open the window at the same time.

Anyone else want to join me in hating this type of weather? There can't be anything worse can there?

Yes! :@

December 25th weather; 12c, low cloud, persistant drizzle, breezy from the SW. GRRRR!

Posted

If it ruins a bonfire display it must have something going for it.

Sorry - firework display. And I love them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

My most hated weather is blazing hot sunshine, high humidity and no breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Ohhhh I can't wait for summer now you've said that! (no, stay calm, winter IS going to be cold, it IS!)

Posted

That weather can have a good use though - on holiday, in a pool with a pool side bar!

Posted

yep, totally agree with all of that!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Warm Sunshine and particularly humid conditions, that said i dont especially like any weather brought about by 850hpa temps of greater than -5c unless theres a cold undercut involved in which case -2c maybe acceptable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

On more than one occasion I have found myself thinking what a drab day its been today. However its not the worst i can imagine because it did actually feel quite pleasant out and about which is always a plus point with me.

Most hated weather i can imagine is being stuck under cool northeasterlies in mid summer brining low cloud off the north sea and limiting temperatures to the mid teens at best. Even worse when there are parts of the country that are basking in glorious sunshine and mid 20s temperatures.

Posted

On more than one occasion I have found myself thinking what a drab day its been today. However its not the worst i can imagine because it did actually feel quite pleasant out and about which is always a plus point with me.

Most hated weather i can imagine is being stuck under cool northeasterlies in mid summer brining low cloud off the north sea and limiting temperatures to the mid teens at best. Even worse when there are parts of the country that are basking in glorious sunshine and mid 20s temperatures.

Yes, but I am not moaning about the weather in Yorkshire today. At no point here did it ever feel quite pleasant out!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I hate the sort of weather when its grey, damp but also very humid at the same time.

Posted

Some years ago when I still lived in Canada, I once had to walk home during a storm that involved lashing winds and freezing rain mixed with ice pellets. It was extremely painful and unpleasant, and I couldn't even walk fast or I risked slipping. Horrendous, horrendous weather. I hate freezing rain. There's not even anything terribly exciting about it and yet it is so dangerous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Today was 'ok' in that it was warm enough to walk around without feeling cold and did at times have some brightness. A long way from my favourite weather but still not bad.

Most hated weather well that is easily described as 'naff easterlies'... Essentially low cloud and drizzle with no temperature change night to day. The temps hover around 3-4c coupled with a raw cold wind and not a single break in the grey (orange at night) featureless sheet. All it does is strip the house of heat needing tons of gas to keep warm and doesn't provide any of the joys of colder weather - no frost, no snow, no icy feel...

Quite how some of you can list warm sunshine as the 'worst weather' in comparison to some of the grim conditions the British Isles is subjected to will forever remain a mystery to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Because I would rather have naff easterlies over stifling heat and humidity, but that's just me of course. The former is welcome any time of the year except winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Most hated weather would have to be biting North easterlies/ easterlies in the winter where temperatures get no lower than say 4c, and no higher than like 5c, along with strong winds and just dull cloudy skies, as nothing happens and is a pain to walk in.

Now a Snowy Easterly or NE'erlie is different haha.

Posted

Got to agree with Aaron about windless days and heat. In fact i don't like windless days at all, there's something too still about the world, nothing rustling or moving, nothing felt on the skin apart from your film of building sweat , a mild form of sensory deprivation.

Warm nights, anything over 18C - especially after a hot sunny day and having forgotten to close the curtains during the day to keep out the heat. These extreme warm nights are becoming more frequent here and it was only last year that I thought it would be a good idea to buy a fan!

And endless days of sameness...partly cloudy and mild. Kinda boring.

Edited by Styx

Posted

I think August 2008 sums up my most hated weather well enough. Warm, humid, grey / dull, dry with incredibly little of note. The something like 11 days of perpetual fog this February also got rather tiresome, as did the 'naff easterly' at the end of last January, although it did bring an ice day.

However, it's worth pointing out that since then, the weather hasn't gone through any terrible spells, for me.

Edited by Harve

Posted

A long fetch southwesterly at anytime of year under a warm sector - absolutely detest that particular synoptic as it always means very low cloud, drizzle or light rain or just 'misty murk', high humidity - the equivalent of the dreaded spring/early summer easterly for those on the east coast.

The Lakes does quite well under southerly airflows as we have today as clouds often break and we enjoy sunny spells from time to time. Today was very pleasant here with the fells mostly in view - no low cloud and no wind. Mind there are many other conditions I would prefer by this in the year - generally much cooler and clearer conditions. The distinct lack of any air of polar origin in recent weeks is now really grating on me- we had plenty in the summer not when it most welcomed but almost zilch so far this year outside of the summer season- typical!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

My favourite is of course warm sunshine... but I absolutely hate days of chilly winds and grey coud of 5-10C... it just feels unpleasant and there's no chance of snow so I can't understand why some people can like that! Today was fine for me, 15-18C under grey cloud is ok because at least you can walk outside and feel comfortable in a T shirt even.. it's muc better than the same type of weather but being freezing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

It isn't even a contest for me what the worst weather is and it's something that this damn country has far too much of, drizzle or low cloud all day which doesn't help rain starved farmers, sunseekers or 99.9999% of people I wouldn't mind it at all if it was 20+ 30+ that would be epic 25+ and humid but it's always 15c not warm or pleasant and I swear I am actually allergic to cool drizzle. best weather for me is anything 20+ and cloudy/sunny 32C is ideal but love 35+ too, after that is snow or thunderstorms or crisp frosty/icy mornings all of which are 100million times more useful/interesting than drizzle/low cloud 5-18C with boring chilly wind and not interesting blustery winds or gales just boring in every way, I can totally understand why some don't like heat/snow etc but at least some can enjoy them, who actually likes drizzle? also didn't enjoy this June (apart from late june), July and August as all were very just below average with little rain/showers with just a couple of showery days and many days where it wouldn't be sunny just predictably mostly cloudy all day with no airmass Atlantic/Continental in control so was windy (not very windy just a little windy) and just below 20C here on the coast so almost every day felt cool and there weren't enough humid nights.

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

If I'm not shivering it's usually fine with me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

My most hated is sunshine and 'blustery showers'. call me odd, but it irritates me in a totally irrational way, I just want the weather to do one thing or another. Stop teasing me with a blast of warm sunshine and then soak me to the bone. Make a decision!!

From a non- irrational comfort perspective, although I am a cold weather fan, there's not much worse than a howling cut-your-legs-off winter easterly when it's not quite cold enough yet for snow, and there's rain like piercing needles of doom that make your face hurt on the way to work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Very hot weather, you can't escape it except trying to blast it away with air conditioning. If I'm going to narrow it down, make that humid as well. Yeuch.....