Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Cold & Windy Spell Discussion 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Precipitation off here now and it looks like the Fife/Angus snowshield may have been activated again. Unless of course that massive band of wintriness can make it over the Southern Highlands and eastwards. However, no shield has yet been erected to stop the bawbag winds battering through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

I take it all back, it's worse again. Sleet hammering off the windows now and the gusts are stronger than they have been in the last hour. Lights are flickering good style.

Aye, just had very heavy wet sleet. Wind still strong, but more 'normal' if you ken whit a mean!

Posted

Precip off at the moment and winds have slackened a bit. Feels very raw out though - this night ain't over yet!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Gone dry here for the moment. I demand bawgag snow the night!

Yer gonnae need some calder bawbag temperatures first :huh:

Obviously sufferin fae a bit o' hoat scroat at the mo :D

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Prep turning wintry at moderate altitute largely everywhere now; M74 Beattock showing whiteout.

Edited by scottish skier

Prep turning wintry at moderate altitute largely everywhere now; M74 Beattock showing whiteout.

It was quite white last night at various points between Peebles and the M74 and up the M74, it was quite hairy at times driving in the dark on roads I'd never been on before :rofl: I would have stopped in for a cuppa but was in a rush to get home :lol:

Posted

Here's a sequence of 24 pics of that flaming wind turbine, from ignition to cremated http://www.flickr.co...57628334022703/

Easing in Edinburgh I think - 30-43, up a point to 981mb, and just somehow feeling like it's eased now.

Looks as if that turbine got tail winded, effectively it could have tried turning backwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

actually at its worst here now...wind more constant than at anytime today....no snow warning here and temp sitting at 5 degrees.....still with such an incredible spell of weather a wee surprise snowfall would be icing on cake!!

Posted

actually at its worst here now...wind more constant than at anytime today....no snow warning here and temp sitting at 5 degrees.....still with such an incredible spell of weather a wee surprise snowfall would be icing on cake!!

A 'wee' snowfall, is that why they say not to eat yellow snow? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Certainly more sustained winds now doesn't feel like its easing here i can tell you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

A 'wee' snowfall, is that why they say not to eat yellow snow? :D

lol ahh now your taking me back :) once "wrote" my initials in yellow in the snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Certainly more sustained winds now doesn't feel like its easing here i can tell you

Still really strong winds here - just not as wild-feeling. More sustained and less-dramatic gusts, maybe?

Can't tell exactly what's going on out there, it's dark! :-)

Time for bath & book... thanks for the company and the info all day! Stay safe, take care.