Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Cold & Windy Spell Discussion 3

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

the Met-Office are still going for the possibility of further snow into the central belt this evening fingers crossed :good:

Posted

Models look very interesting tonight for northern and central parts of inland Scotland, especially above 200M as a frontal system develops and moves eastwards into Scotland and cold air starts to wrap-up behind the low pressure system.

Well worth watching, some higher ground could well see a good 10cms from that, especially above say 300M.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards, snow and wild wind:-) x

Currently snowing large fluffy white flakes here. We are about 8 miles north of Duns in the Borders. Temp is 2.4 degrees C. x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Where's the "Scotland / Alba" thread title? You'll be getting the Modfather after you soon :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Here is a new thread for Scotland. I've decided to add about the wind in this thread because there is a real risk of high winds and maybe even locally damaging, whilst the cold/snow continues to be a possible risk.

Strange that Darren Brett didn't even mention it on the 5pm News 24!

Posted

Strange that Darren Brett didn't even mention it on the 5pm News 24!

there may be a mention on the 10pm weather this evening Met-Office will still be data crunching right up to the last minute

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards, snow and wild wind:-) x

Only an hour out then? Hehe. Glad you got some snow :)

Thank you:-) I hope you get plenty too. x Much love and wishing you a wonderful evening. x

Posted

still all quiet here on the North E'rn front, nae rain or sna since Saturday. You all are having fun by the sounds of it though :)

- looks like a nasty storm for thur/fri though so will be following that one, keep the updates a comin'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just some intermittent snizzly stuff here so far but a rain band is not far off. Temp back up to 1.1C though.

Posted

still all quiet here on the North E'rn front, nae rain or sna since Saturday. You all are having fun by the sounds of it though :)

- looks like a nasty storm for thur/fri though so will be following that one, keep the updates a comin'

Bright and chilly sums up the last few days for the northeast (with persistent frost in the shade). You stand a much better chance overnight in terms of snow than I do here in the city where it seems at best on the wrong side of marginal. The sunshine has been nice but I wouldn't say no to some snow!

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I'd like to know what the next band in the atlantic is going to do. The temperature is still quite cold here but are the uppers still cold enough for it to snow.

Any thoughts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Evening all. Just drove home down the A68 through moderate snow. Picked up a wee cm off that band that passed through. Better than a kick in the teeth.

Roads are very wet - going to be an ice rink tomorrow.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
Evening all. Just drove home down the A68 through moderate snow. Picked up a wee cm off that band that passed through. Better than a kick in the teeth. Roads are very wet - going to be an ice rink tomorrow.
I think that was prelude some really heavy stuff out west....incoming!!

Posted

Judging by the forecast for tonight I think that those experiencing snow right now might find it turning increasingly to sleet then to drizzle then to rain. Then as the next band comes it should bring heavy rain which should get rid of the lying snow unfortuantly. Roll on the next cold snap - thankfully the next one is due to begin on Thursday night. I'm also quite interested in Saturday Night as a front is meant to meet colder air. Hopefully by then we should all have seen snow and hopefully lying snow but really should I should I be expecting anything here as I'm not too happy that the showers would have to cross over many mountains before reaching here because of the flow.

Evening all. Just drove home down the A68 through moderate snow. Picked up a wee cm off that band that passed through. Better than a kick in the teeth.

Roads are very wet - going to be an ice rink tomorrow.

Probably not as the next band is set to wash it all away although hopefully it instead brings loads of snow.

I think it's raining here quite heavily

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Probably not as the next band is set to wash it all away although hopefully it instead brings loads of snow.

Those with elevation away from the highlands might get lucky, although likely to be wet snow.

http://expertcharts....120700_0612.gif

http://expertcharts....120706_0612.gif

Friday looking chilly:

http://hw.nwstatic.c.../h850t850eu.png

-5 C T850's seem to be the flavour today in the ensembles, at least for the op....

http://hw.nwstatic.c...0Midlothian.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Come one guys! You're all being very mean with the photos up there.

At least give us southerners something pretty to coo about whilst waiting for the stuff down here :)

Just make sure you all stay safe up there over the next few days, that storm looks dangerous, if not, deadly!! :o

Posted

At least give us southerners something pretty to coo about whilst waiting for the stuff down here :)

Just make sure you all stay safe up there over the next few days, that storm looks dangerous, if not, deadly!! :o

We'll sure take care during the storm CH!

Is anyone here feeling confident about the NWly on Friday, uppers are cold enough for snow and strong winds should help to bring snow further inland.

Posted

Last couple of pages from last Alba thread has quite a few.

Very damp here, and snow slowly going. :aggressive: