Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Cold & Windy Spell Discussion 3

Posted

Well, in this part of the northeast we had snowfall on Saturday, Sunday and today (early hours), and we've kept the thin covering too! More to come?

Posted

Well, in this part of the northeast we had snowfall on Saturday, Sunday and today (early hours), and we've kept the thin covering too! More to come?

Probably a bit, although you might also be on the wrong side of marginal tonight? I notice the BBC graphics (and/ based on ? theNAE model) are both quite keen on a little blob of snow for NE Scotland tomorrow afternoon.

Posted

I suspect you may cling on to colder air, but looks to be close without a bit more altitude perhaps? We'll soon see!

How about snow catch, are you feeling confident with a little bit (or a lot) more later this week. Of course we've got to try and not be blown away during the storm!

I doubt I'll see much more snow, I'm more interested in some proper wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Bizzarely we have the lowest temp so far just now, -3C. Cold surface flow from inland I guess... No wind and thin high cloud not making a very good job of hiding the moon.

Winds really look tear-generatingly, stay indoors and don't put the cat out type of YIKES for Thursday night.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Big snowflakes again here although not that heavy so fair play to November 13 I thought was turning to rain for sure...Temp 1.4 wet bulb -0.9.....just mayb get a decent dumping yet although showers still tending to fizzle out just as reach us

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Heavy sleet...c'mon snow! :sorry:

Big snowflakes again here although not that heavy so fair play to November 13 I thought was turning to rain for sure...Temp 1.4 wet bulb -0.9.....just mayb get a decent dumping yet although showers still tending to fizzle out just as reach us

Snow near luncarty , nothing in perth???

Posted

This is so marginal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Very Wet snow it's trying!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Heavy rain here, following on from rain throughout this afternoon which made the pavements treacherous following last nights low temps.

Will probably get rid of the snow tonight and into early tomorrow if this keeps up.

Seems to be a lot of talk about this low coming in on Thursday. Glasgow to get a bit of this then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Heavy rain here at the moment. We didn't loose any of the few cms of snow we had he other day. Still on twigs, branches, fences.

Hope this rain shifts it or else it will be like a skating rink later on!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

I doubt I'll see much more snow, I'm more interested in some proper wind.

:o :blush: :oops: More Tea Vicar :rofl:

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

http://trafficscotland.org/Mapping/getmapimg.aspx?type=map&session=lev&timestamp=1323207076964

Quite a few of the cameras on Traffic Scotland now showing snowfall. Could be some difficult driving conditions for a time.