Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northern England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Sorry no, it automatically does it for some reason, don't worry I've noticed it too, I don't really know how to fix it.

Just noticed Phil N Warks in the MOD thread double quotes with his replies.

Edit : he has changed it, but it was double quoted!

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Couldnt tell what it was but it defo wasnt hail it seemed to float down.

Prefer a bath myself lol..sorry couldnt resist.

Ha lol

It doesnt double quote mine lol

Edited by saintpeter

Posted

You're like a 10 minute walk from Runcorn, what are you talking about? Ofc your weather is going to be the same.

im not a 10 minute walk to runcorn i can assure you..and tyhe weather is quite different i can assure about that too.

ever heard of mountains?...we dont have any but runcorn is protected by them..yawn

1) I'd hardly call 1.8C 'warm air'

2) The satellite picture illustrates clearly that our region is under cloud. Including the mystical village of Hale..

3) You're 2-4 miles away from me. I can see the cloud spreading, and it was over Widnes as I came home.

Satellite shows it staying cloudy much of the night.

Exactly.

This is the UK the weather can be different a a mile or two away...so whats your argument?

Ah the fact that when I went outside it was clear, or the fact that when i went outside 15 min ago we had cloud or the really stupid point about you thinking you have exactly the same weather as me?

Its like saying crosby or liverpool as the same weather....as for a 10 min walk i loled hard at that, makes me wonder if the person saying it has actually spent time and walked from my location to runcorn...bare in mind widnes is a good 30 min walk...of which you need to get to first to cross the bridge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

You're like a 10 minute walk from Runcorn, what are you talking about? Ofc your weather is going to be the same.

More like a 20min swim. Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

im not a 10 minute walk to runcorn i can assure you..and tyhe weather is quite different i can assure about that too.

ever heard of mountains?...we dont have any but runcorn is protected by them..yawn

This is the UK the weather can be different a a mile or two away...so whats your argument?

Ah the fact that when I went outside it was clear, or the fact that when i went outside 15 min ago we had cloud or the really stupid point about you thinking you have exactly the same weather as me?

Its like saying crosby or liverpool as the same weather....as for a 10 min walk i loled hard at that, makes me wonder if the person saying it has actually spent time and walked from my location to runcorn...bare in mind widnes is a good 30 min walk...of which you need to get to first to cross the bridge.

I can ride from my house in Runcorn to Riverside college in 7 minutes on my bike.

My argument is that the satellite shows a bank of cloud over us, yet you claim 1/8 oktas? I highly doubt that.

Your weather is nearly identical to mine so yes.

Also, can I have your postcode to put on my NW England members map?

Posted

You baffled me there.

I always thought a ground frost is when the ground is below zero but the air is above zero. Hence you can have a ground frost when the air temperature could be 2C, infact that is why its called a ground frost. So by pure logic a ground frost should occur before an air frost because ground radiates heat quicker than the air.

There is a minimum temperatures that is recorded at 5cm and very often ground temperatures are much colder than the 2m readings.

yes sorry mate your right lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I know this isn't my patch but do you think we could stop this silly arguing please guys?

Thank you :)

Edited by Liam J

Posted

I can ride from my house in Runcorn to Riverside college in 7 minutes on my bike.

My argument is that the satellite shows a bank of cloud over us, yet you claim 1/8 oktas? I highly doubt that.

Your weather is nearly identical to mine so yes.

Also, can I have your postcode to put on my NW England members map?

ok whatever exaggerator

Posted

Just looked at all the forecasts for overnight, none mention any wintry stuff! All going with rain yet on meto it mentions heavy snow! Now am confused, anyone explain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I know this isn't my patch but do you think we could stop this silly arguing please guys?

Thank you :)

ok whatever exaggerator

HAHA :D Guess that post was a joke lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

with humidity near 100% I think most precipitation will be rain, unfortunately.

Posted

Took the mother's dogs out for a long walk this afternoon. They were in their elements and so was I. Pure fresh blankets of untouched snow. It was only a couple of inches but it was pretty much widespread in my local area. Didn't quite get upto the pennines hills, but there was plenty enough were I was to be honest.

As for tonight, I expect there may be a brief spell of snow on the leading edge, but I never get too excited about the snow-to-rain scenario. It generally becomes a slushy world before it all melts away. -1c at present

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hotcuppa & Backtrack, you're like an old married couple, and what's even worse, you're like an old married couple who haven't been able to stand the sight of each other for about 40 years....Take your petty arguments either to private message or elsewhere and stop hijacking this thread!.....How many times over the past 2 winters have you been politely asked by the forum team to calm down, yet you both choose to ignore?

Posted
Posted · Hidden by A.J, December 18, 2011 - off topic....pm please BT
Hidden by A.J, December 18, 2011 - off topic....pm please BT

Hotcuppa & Backtrack, you're like an old married couple, and what's even worse, you're like an old married couple who haven't been able to stand the sight of each other for about 40 years....Take your petty arguments either to private message or elsewhere and stop hijacking this thread!.....How many times over the past 2 winters have you been politely asked by the forum team to calm down, yet you both choose to ignore?

We're not arguing, we're discussing the weather. I'd hardly call it hijacking the thread.

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter, especially as it's regional weather related.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by A.J, December 18, 2011 - removed moderated quote
Hidden by A.J, December 18, 2011 - removed moderated quote

We're not arguing, we're discussing the weather. I'd hardly call it hijacking the thread.

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter, especially as it's regional weather related.

Here here lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I notice Blackpool is at 0C.. just shows some of the variation around the region.

Posted

back down to -0.2,must of been abit of cloud floating around before.

Ah good, you're North of me, must mean the cloud is clearing.