Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Anyone think more of that rain band will sink south. Seems to be swirling but sticking north of Dunkeld?

Posted

winds a strong as ever here unfortunately - another hour or two then will start to calm up here. Then maybe some snow with any luck if we get enough of a northerly. tamps back to 3C after around 6C about an hours ago. a bit of a yo-yo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

winds a strong as ever here unfortunately - another hour or two then will start to calm up here. Then maybe some snow with any luck if we get enough of a northerly. tamps back to 3C after around 6C about an hours ago. a bit of a yo-yo.

you said it temps are like a yo-yo here to 1.5c one minute 2.6c half a hour later then back to 1.5c 15 min later i think the whole country is getting these yo-yo temps not a good sign for lying snaw this sort of fluxuations

Posted

And that is my shed blown over and smashed up. I even weighed in down with concrete blocks just in case! :wallbash: Ah well, in the grand scheme of things and all that....

Edited by thebigyin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Still well windy, but worst well and truly over thankfully.

Even T-shirt's available now:

http://getaroundglas...-bawbag-C222012

hurricane-bawbag.png

Have to say some of the twitter comments were funny. Loved this one:

"The sad moment when you watch your shed leave you for another garden."

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

And that is my shed blown over and smashed up. I even weighed in down with concrete blocks just in case! :wallbash: Ah well, in the grand scheme of things and all that....

Jeez. Sorry mate. I think mine is still there but I'm not going out to look. I spent most of the morning weighing the half finished extension roof down / boarding up the windows.

What a day.

Posted

Just in the hoose for a wee break from the hospital, next doors trampoline (14') is upside doon and buckled..... still blowing but gentle by comparison. Temp sitting at 2C and patchy clouds.

found this on my facebook....post-2849-0-62177800-1323376789_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

a sheet of corrugated iron came flying of my fathers pigeon hut earlier it was something like the benny hill show me jumping over the neighbours fences and garden after it.if it hit anybody it would half haved them in two

Edited by igloo

Posted

Still windy here in Dundee.

The drive home from work earlier was the worst Ive experienced.

Strongest gust in Dundee was recorded at the Tay Road Bridge 106mph :o

Posted

Jeez. Sorry mate. I think mine is still there but I'm not going out to look. I spent most of the morning weighing the half finished extension roof down / boarding up the windows.

What a day.

ach, one of these things. as say in grand scheme of things not drama. Not to say it is not a pain in the I have a problem tho! Just tried to make it secure just in case it elopes to the neighbours garden, tho not convinced that's possible in this. Nearly there - just another hour to go I rekon and it will subside??!!

Posted

Just in the hoose for a wee break from the hospital, next doors trampoline (14') is upside doon and buckled..... still blowing but gentle by comparison. Temp sitting at 2C and patchy clouds.

found this on my facebook....post-2849-0-62177800-1323376789_thumb.jp

Hope all is well with labour Cheggers or are you a Dad yet?

and great piccie (out of likes for today!) - you don't have a link to the full size one do you.. I'd like to share it on FB too

well what a wild day! sorry about shed bigyin :( - think that's the worst past here too now .. meaning it seems a tad calmer since about 8:30.. now I can hear the rain instead of wind too, now just waiting to see if the snow will get this far

Hope all are well, some have gone quiet hope it just power outages or resting?

and thanks for all the reports today!

"BawBag" hehe ;) caught some of the twitter stuff myself, teehee, it was amazing how it just took off.. a bit like that trampoline ..

take care all x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Seems a little quieter on here now - is everyone without power?

Its still a blowing strong oot - nae major sign of it calming yet.

A night to remember for your Cheggers and your new arrival - all the best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

This little corner of Fife escaped today's shenanigans, and I can confidently say that the May storm packed a much greater punch here. I thought the house was gonna fall down back then, but today the rumbles and the roar were fairly typical of the lows we've had over the past few months. It might have been because of a slightly more westerly wind direction this time around. Always seems worse here when it's a straight southwesterly.

BUT.....the power is off again and apparently will be off until late tomorrow.

Posted

Sorry Snooz I got it from FB as well. Happy to accept request to allow sharing (Craig Stephen Hester)

Water now broke so moving in right direction, maybe have wee un before midnight.

Posted

Does anyone have a source for the fastest wind speed at low level so far? I believe 101mph at Stornoway is the fastest but cant confirm. I know 165mph at Cairngorm but i cant seem to find that info either.

Anyone able to help?

Posted

jeez - these gust are worse than ever. just f off winds!! looking at XCweather then we are nearly there...please!! lots of other smashing and crashing just happened outside. doe snto seem to be from my place (that I can see!). on the plus side definitely getting more and more wintry than rain.

I am on the flight path in to Aberdeen airport, 5 miles out. The plane that is just going in now is crabbing at an interesting angle, wing tips wobbling some what!! stomach churning just thinking of being on it!! The pilot will be earning his crust anyway!!

Right, outside for a craft one. not the weather for it but needs must and the mrs quite rightly banned me from puffing inside!

Posted

Sorry Snooz I got it from FB as well. Happy to accept request to allow sharing (Craig Stephen Hester)

Water now broke so moving in right direction, maybe have wee un before midnight.

All the best cheggers and co! Some night to arrive!