IGNORED

Wales - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

All depends where that low stalls against the cold block

hmm....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hi guys it looks like this fun that you'v had recently is goin to be a direct for me although at the min its just heavy rain i think , maybe a hint of sleet, how long did it take to turn to snow over high ground?? Thankyou!

Posted

Hi guys it looks like this fun that you'v had recently is goin to be a direct for me although at the min its just heavy rain i think , maybe a hint of sleet, how long did it take to turn to snow over high ground?? Thankyou!

After about 10min good covering where i am I told you SAM LOL.

Posted

_58124626_akgdnxhcqaaxqgk-2.jpg

_58124624_janetpritchard.jpg

Ebbw vale & Tredegar today.Photos from BBC Wales Website

Not really foreacast.

As mentioned, Sunday/Monday looking good for Wales!

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted

SNOW SHOWERS EFFECT RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC - care of the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._medium=twitter

snap Cwmbran Eira - DOH!

If this low stalls in the right place....do you think schools would be off :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Really interesting watching my Weather Station data from work

Temp 6.6c

Dew 1.9c

Sleet/snow/hail mix in Merthyr

THat's great your on Wunderground, thanks for the link!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Just braved the model thread for a few minutes. There's some nutters in there - barking!!

Had some wintery weather today in work (Cynon valley). Fairly heavy sleet around 4.30. Back home at 5ish, and a tiny bit of sleet mixed in with the rain. Chilly.

Any point watching the lamp-posts in Cardiff tonight?? Answers on a postcard....

Posted

Just braved the model thread for a few minutes. There's some nutters in there - barking!!

Had some wintery weather today in work (Cynon valley). Fairly heavy sleet around 4.30. Back home at 5ish, and a tiny bit of sleet mixed in with the rain. Chilly.

Any point watching the lamp-posts in Cardiff tonight?? Answers on a postcard....

I know what you mean. It's getting worse.

I popped in for 5 minutes and developed a migraine. None the wiser to boot

Showers seem to be dying out so may not be much to watch tonight. Plenty of opportunity over the next week though.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted

we got a break in showers right now - but they could filter in from Ireland later and especially tomoz and with lower temps more likely be wintry in nature - keep an eye on radar - either net weather or Meto!

I know what you mean. It's getting worse.

I popped in for 5 minutes and developed a migraine. None the wiser to boot

Think they are fighting over minute details - the cold is already here in Wales and wintry weather - with all the fighting they are even missing that fact

Edited by andymusic

Posted

It's been crazy in there lately, gives you a headache!

Basically we are going to be in the kind of unknown and possibly shifting boundary zone next week, between the mild Atlantic air reaching NW Britain, and the cold continental air reaching SE England. It will be interesting to see if we get some snow from it, it will come down to the slightest shifts in air mass over a few hundred miles (no wonder they are going nuts in the MO thread it's basically going to be so unpredictable even just 2 days ahead!)

No snow here, missed most of the showers. A colleague had hail and TL in Pontyberem this morning.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Strange lot. Bi polar even. The ups and downs are incredible. The wales regional should keep us busy over then next week :good:

Edited by TonyH

Rain/ Sleet showers at work today, they really should fix that roof. :rofl:

But here there were heavy sleet and snow showers, which gave a covering, currently a slushy covering on grass and on cars. Temp 3c.

Perhaps a few more showers likely tonight.

Will have a proper look at models for "Easterly" later, but no clarity seems to be forthcoming.

Posted

Strange lot. Bi polar even. The ups and downs are incredible. The wales regional should keep us busy over then next week :good:

The weather may well be bi polar too!

Posted

Showers seem to gathering nicely to the west lets see if they can deepen as they cross the Irish sea in a few hrs.

Posted

The weather may well be bi polar too!

Ohh tony need to work on your jokes my friend :lol:

Showers seem to gathering nicely to the west lets see if they can deepen as they cross the Irish sea in a few hrs.

My dangler :o :wub:

Posted

However now I have seen ECM....I guess it's an out right liar!

Posted

Wait a few hours we shall what happens to showers as they hit Wales .impressive drop in temps now 1c better chance of snow now rather than sleet to snow we had earlier.

Posted

Wait a few hours we shall what happens to showers as they hit Wales .impressive drop in temps now 1c better chance of snow now rather than sleet to snow we had earlier.

Indeed keith got 1.1'c dewpoint 0.1 Snow hopefully :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Not much to be seen on the rain today radar. Can anyone recommend a better radar to see the potential for precipitation please?

PS Too tight to pay, so got to be free :drinks:

Posted

Below zero here, a few light showers around.

Not much to be seen on the rain today radar. Can anyone recommend a better radar to see the potential for precipitation please?

PS Too tight to pay, so got to be free :drinks:

Netweather: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Edited by TonyH