Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

They gritted it that day too. Very different conditions I know, but it made no difference then! Would you believe it took the best part of 45 minutes to drive from the train station to Brierley Hill? Sadistically, I wish every winter was like the last two. There might be loads of disruption and chaos, but it was nice to see the Black Country streets deserted for a change!

And snowy....never forget the snow... :p

45 Minutes... wow, but shows how useless grit is when things come to a standstill as it is not being worked in to the snow properly. Essentially once the queues have started youve had it! :lol:

The evening of the 18th December last year was perfect after that mega dumping. The streets were so quiet and those who were driving made such a hash of it as the roads turned icy and the cars slided everywhere! I remember one nearly went into the path of an oncoming Double decker Bus! :o

That evening was bliss though with deep snow, flashing christmas lights, and we walked to the Fish and Chip shop (On Q Bank High St actually! :lol: ) where it was all quiet but an amazing tranquillity of it all really. Loved that day so much even though I spent hours in the cold trying to clear the relentless snow.

However Im sure things wont be that bad tomorrow but if we do get the snow, it looks to be the wet, sticky type, perhaps the worst for driving on!

Posted

Can us Leicester folk join you in this anger/dissapointment ? We were very dry too.

Yes that is a lot of precipitation, but it doesn't just continue north. I think it does something like this...

snowtrack.jpg

Hope that makes sense.

Should just clip us then, fingers crossed

Posted

Completely shocked by the negativity in this thread. It's still early winter.

Lets be honest, anybody who expects anything more than a bit of snow tonight is in dreamworld. A dusting is the best any of us can hope for.

Far to many in this thread are taking models/met office as gospel. Part of enjoying the weather is forecasting/nowcasting yourself. Take that from somebody who rarely visits or watches any weather forecasts apart from sites like this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I think we are nowcasting tonight tbh. Been here soooooo many times ;) Am sure we (in brum) will wake up to a grey, wet morning tomorrow!! Sorry!

Nowcasting and Radar watching is always great fun. Just wish it would hurry up and arrive. I know it's not supposed to start snowing until the early hours, but atleast if it started raining soon I could convince myself that it could turn to snow :p

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Nowcasting and Radar watching is always great fun. Just wish it would hurry up and arrive. I know it's not supposed to start snowing until the early hours, but atleast if it started raining soon I could convince myself that it could turn to snow :p

LOL!! Keep nipping outside to look at the sky, even though I *know* nothing is due until the wee hours!! Still, this is the way of the weather nut :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

All streetlights in our village go off at 1am!

Is that because the candle goes out? ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Ok set for a marathon

1.got my monthly radar subscription sorted (less than 50p a week you know)

2.cleaned my viewing windows today

3.set my camera to 'snowmagedon Priority'

4.Salmon & Vera's close at hand

5,endless stream of coffee

Hoping to catch snow flakes close up using my flash, could be my only chance for night time Blizzard,

might be to far South but who knows :unknw:

Best of luck all :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Ok set for a marathon

1.got my monthly radar subscription sorted (less than 50p a week you know)

2.cleaned my viewing windows today

3.set my camera to 'snowmagedon Priority'

4.Salmon & Vera's close at hand

5,endless stream of coffee

Hoping to catch snow flakes close up using my flash, could be my only chance for night time Blizzard,

might be to far South but who knows :unknw:

Best of luck all :good:

Does that radar show snow if so do you have a link

Posted

I can actually see us staying completly dry and cloudy here. When I lived in Columbus, Ohio, I remember a very big snowstorm was forecast. Looked at the radar and it was just approaching the southwestern edge of the city. Drove to work...and it stayed completly dry all day! When I got home found out that the thing had suddenly veered east without warning leaving us cold and dry! Ever since I'm never convinced until the damn things are on top of me!

If it does stay south, we'll still have the chance of a few more wintry showers. And I'm sure there's lots more excitement to come this winter, possibly as early as Xmas weekend itself.

Posted

Netweather Radar only subsciption £3.49 ...and well worth it (shows all)

link at the top of page under NW Extra

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

This low is a lot further North than it should be. Anyone else see that?

Nope looks bang on the same track as the 12z GFS to me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I can actually see us staying completly dry and cloudy here. When I lived in Columbus, Ohio, I remember a very big snowstorm was forecast. Looked at the radar and it was just approaching the southwestern edge of the city. Drove to work...and it stayed completly dry all day! When I got home found out that the thing had suddenly veered east without warning leaving us cold and dry! Ever since I'm never convinced until the damn things are on top of me!

If it does stay south, we'll still have the chance of a few more wintry showers. And I'm sure there's lots more excitement to come this winter, possibly as early as Xmas weekend itself.

No, you are in the perfect spot, start as rain yes, but you im sure will have lying snow by morning

Posted

Ah maybe hope deceiving me. Must admit, I didn't view the 12z. PPN does seem to be taking a NE track for the time being. Was this modelled?

Maybe NNE? So confused!

Edited by locneverstop

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Arnie Pie, December 15, 2011 - x2
Hidden by Arnie Pie, December 15, 2011 - x2

Well worth it ,shows all link at top of page unde Extra NW

Posted

The current radar is almost identical to the 9pm PPN chart, which suggest to me that its either overall a touch further north than expected, or its an hour earlier.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Is that because the candle goes out? ;)

Yeah - it's a right pain when we empty the bedpans, not being able to see and all that. I ahve to send the kids out with a lit match when they go to collect water from the river :rofl: