Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted

Too early to say for sure yet but I see a much stronger easterly movement already, perhaps keeping the moderate/heavy precip much further south than thought. It's too early to be sure yet, but even the early signs prove why nowcasting is all you can do this close to the event, models are useless this close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dewpoint just 0.8c here. Hopefully it wont rise too much. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

This low is a lot further North than it should be. Anyone else see that?

Its raining here much earlier then I thought

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I've packed my weather station (moving house), but Wellesbourne airfield is my nearest online weather and it states a temp of 4.4 with a dp of 2.6 and rising so a long way off snow temps!

Posted

Hmmm...I don't see too much easterly movement, and things seem a bit closer to the conditions we want than I thought they would be, (low temps/dew points etc).

Will be interesting over the next two hours to see what happens.

For now, I'm off to other regional threads further south to see if there are any reports of wind through the channel!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Much of the Precip to the South will move readily Eastwards. The Models seem to make developments later on over Wales and from whats over the Irish Sea now. Precip across the S Midlands is actually moving with some good NNE/NE direction right now and so for the Irish sea stuff too. :) All to play for. :)

Posted

Dewpoint just 0.8c here. Hopefully it wont rise too much. :)

Where do you find that?

Will the northern edge intensify later on?

Edited by Luke

Posted

MetO have now got my area as cloudy - 2hrs ago we had light snow forecast for 6am and 9am lol. I'm at 2.7 degrees and 995hPa, falling.

Posted

Where do you find that?

From my weather station! ;lol: Its 0.9c now so steadily rising but thats to be expected for now. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Evening all , just a quick question ,

As the ppn comea over spinning off the low pressure as the winds are anti clockwise in motion will the ppn also spin off in that motion also? Im sure iv seen that many times in the past , so once the northern point is reached although it may be light stuff at min as its spins off it brings some heavier ppn over its northern flank??

Sure ones with knowledge better than mine will no the answer!? Comments welcome thanks

Posted

From my weather station! ;lol: Its 0.9c now so steadily rising but thats to be expected for now. :)

Ah right, I thought it might have been a more local weather station that was accurate :)

Posted

Stay positive. You'll see some snow on the malverns I'd say.

Snow on the Midland Alps :rofl: , cant wait to open the curtains in the morning and see them all white and shiny !!!

Posted

I'm not seeing the same thing - the heavier precipitation you can follow on the radar updates in Hampshire was well in the channel earlier and moving northwards towards the M4. I'm optimistic.

Posted

Ah right, I thought it might have been a more local weather station that was accurate :)

Hopefully mine is pretty local to Halesowen and accurate. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

What do people do with themselves if they're not into weather watching? :unsure:

Now 2.5oC, rain a little heavier now, I'd call it 'light' rather than 'very light'.

Posted

I'd be amazed if the rain is getting sleety anywhere yet, profiles still don't seem nearly close to what is requyired and since the LP is still to the west if anything upper profie temps in the next 2-3hrs will get worse.

Yes def rain here but earlier then forcast ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

According to my thermometer its 6c. What!!! Must be wrong. But i've never seen it out by more than 0.5c yet.

It's just one of those cheap plastic garden thermometers with the red liquid in them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I seriously hope you're right! Temperature is falling ever so slightly, 2.9oC now. Anyway our elevation on the Hill usually helps, but it won't if the rain keeps south!

Yep, Elavation helps in this scenario, its 4.5c here at the moment, it certainly does not worry me with my snow forecast, its got another 5 hours or so before we see anything Wintry on low levels. You should do well in your corner of a beautiful Place!

Posted

i have sleet guys in my location

Whats yout hight ? seems early

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Evening All

I'm nr Ashby de la Zouch, NW Leics, I honestly don't know what to think about later tonight, I have a funny feeling it could be good!

Although I do have a theory re METO warnings, they always have a risk factor of around 20 miles either way just to cover themselves.