Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Shall we have a guess as to where gets the most snow? I would suggest slightly to the North and East of me - say Royston. Its (relatively) the ground for the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Shall we have a guess as to where gets the most snow? I would suggest slightly to the North and East of me - say Royston. Its (relatively) the ground for the region.

Dunstable - the top of the downs is my guess (-:

Posted

And one for the least? I say Peterborough (or Lowestoft going by Etched Chaos' posts! ;) )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Ice.... ICE????? :wallbash:

ICE warning is valid this evening with threat of further snowfall for easternmost parts of the region:

Some untreated roads are expected to become icy as temperatures drop on Thursday afternoon and evening. In easternmost parts of east Anglia, and in Kent problems may be compounded by fresh snowfall on Thursday night. The public are advised that some travel disruption may result.

SNOW warning valid for tomorrow across more of EA, 2 to 5cm possible:

A band of snow moving into eastern England from the North Sea is expected to give accumulations of 2cm or so quite widely, and perhaps 5cm in places. Although timing is uncertain the snow is likely to be most widespread and heaviest late on Friday evening. After midnight it will tend to die out, but untreated roads may remain icy well into Saturday morning. The public are advised that some travel disruption may result.

SNOW warning valid for whole region Sat evening/night/Sunday morning - upto 10cm (although some places will see more no doubt):

A band of snow will continue to move slowly eastwards across England during the first half of Sunday. This may be heavy initially but will tend to die out during Sunday morning. Total accumulations from this snow event are likely to be of order 5-10cm in many places; this includes low lying areas. The public are advised that this is likely to lead to some travel disruption, and should pay close attention to forecasts as the event approaches
Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Alex Dolan ramping the "disruptive" tendancies of overnight Saturday into Sunday - East Anglia awash with snow on her map from about 8/9pm for a good few hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

<insert your preferred location here> is such a left trouser legpoor place that the Met Office have issued an alert for yellow snow.

"left trouser leg" is a wee bit different from the word I put in there!

Edited by Timmytour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Just back from Ness Point the most easterly spot in the UK and it was freeeezzzzing. Here is a pic I took about twenty minutes ago.417445_360431737319069_100000567375667_1348747_1829201027_n.jpg

Posted

Alex Dolan ramping the "disruptive" tendancies of overnight Saturday into Sunday - East Anglia awash with snow on her map from about 8/9pm for a good few hours!

last night she said sleet then rain !!!

Posted

Ipswich - top temp of 0oC today and currently -10oC dew points! First ice day of the winter for most of us.

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

"left trouser leg" is a wee bit different from the word I put in there!

Ah yes, that will be the swear filter kicking in then......

post-10773-0-08221800-1328196068_thumb.j

...I'll be round to collect your fine later :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

...I'll be round to collect your fine later :lol:

Are you taking the left trouser leg?

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

How much do the MetO get a year? How often this winter have they had to issue a severe weather warning?

Well the severe warnings are bust on their site… all you get is a little loading icon. Very poor performance. :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

How much do the MetO get a year? How often this winter have they had to issue a severe weather warning?

Well the severe warnings are bust on their site… all you get is a little loading icon. Very poor performance. :diablo:

Very annoying isn't it....have you tired contacting them to complain ?

Contact us

You can access our Customer Centre, any time of the day or night, by phone, fax or email. Trained staff will help you find the information you need.

By phone or fax from the UK

Tel: 0870 900 0100 or 01392 885680

Fax: 0870 900 5050 or 01392 885681

By phone or fax outside the UK

Tel: +44 1392 885680

Fax: +44 1392 885681

By email

enquiries@metoffice.gov.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

After a beautiful, clear and crisp day in Sudbury the clouds are now starting to roll in with a strengthening easterly wind. It really is perishing out there now :cold: .

My take on this evenings and tonights snowfall is for a continuation of light snow flurries/showers feeding into Lincolnshire and North Norfolk, with a gradual trend for these to extend down the coast into Suffolk and Essex as the night progresses, with Kent in the firing line tomorrow. A penertrating and severe frost with minimums falling to - 10C in many inland rural locations sheltered from the east wind.

post-1600-0-47691500-1328198772_thumb.pn

12z rolling out now..... will saturday night's/sunday's snowfall be pushed further west, now were well into the reliable timeframe? I suspect so........ with my bets on Cornwall up through the Irish Sea/Eastern Ireland getting globbered with the white stuff, and East Anglia staying bitterly cold with some snow showers.

Eyes down..... :good:

Seasons

Edited by Seasons

Posted

Very annoying isn't it....have you tired contacting them to complain ?

Contact us

You can access our Customer Centre, any time of the day or night, by phone, fax or email. Trained staff will help you find the information you need.

By phone or fax from the UK

Tel: 0870 900 0100 or 01392 885680

Fax: 0870 900 5050 or 01392 885681

By phone or fax outside the UK

Tel: +44 1392 885680

Fax: +44 1392 885681

By email

enquiries@metoffice.gov.uk

its up now and its all good news lol 4 day snow!!!

Posted

After a beautiful, clear and crisp day in Sudbury the clouds are now starting to roll in with a strengthening easterly wind. It really is perishing out there now :cold: .

My take on this evenings and tonights snowfall is for a continuation of light snow flurries/showers feeding into Lincolnshire and North Norfolk, with a gradual trend for these to extend down the coast into Suffolk and Essex as the night progresses, with Kent in the firing line tomorrow. A penertrating and severe frost with minimums falling to - 10C in many inland rural locations sheltered from the east wind.

post-1600-0-47691500-1328198772_thumb.pn

12z rolling out now..... will saturday night's/sunday's snowfall be pushed further west, now were well into the reliable timeframe? I suspect so........ with my bets on Cornwall up through the Irish Sea/Eastern Ireland getting globbered with the white stuff, and East Anglia staying bitterly cold with some snow showers.

Eyes down..... :good:

Seasons

GFS still showing snow hitting EA and SE and just staying there... it has shifted the cold (and snow risk) west but without ppn missing this region. I can't see it shifting far enough west to leave EA dry, but we'll see!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Well if I could, I'd bank the GFS precip model. Of course, they will turn out wholly different, but if wishes were snowflakes ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

I think that even if the models are pushing things slightly back west, the central areas will still certainly see some major snowfall and both further east and west lesser amounts, but still 'SNOW'. Best all round really. Hope we all get to see some decent amounts come sunday morning. This could be the last chance of an event like this for this winter. Keep praying everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

its up now and its all good news lol 4 day snow!!!

Its gone off again. No warnings available at the moment, Must be another update.?????