Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia And The Three Counties Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Have decided to turn the heating on. It is now decidedly chilly. Sun is out though. Nasty wind chill up here on the cliffs.

Posted

Hopefully, I've had snizzle or light dandruff here on and off since last night :good:

http://cdn.nwstatic....ctypeuktopo.png

... I'm just surprised how quiet it is in here considering the potential in this region for the next few days :unknw:

I thought we were supposed to have a good snow evemt Wednesdau/Thursday, that seems to have dissapeared...

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Hopefully, I've had snizzle or light dandruff here on and off since last night :good:

http://cdn.nwstatic....ctypeuktopo.png

... I'm just surprised how quiet it is in here considering the potential in this region for the next few days :unknw:

Hi MK.. if you happen to be passing by the MOD thread and see something positive... paste it in here would you LOL

Enjoy the dandruff (-:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hi my lovely EA and 3C people....

well the weekend is shaping up to be interesting. I hope things go well in that respect and we can all enjoy some lenthy spells of snow. As for the rest of this week, not much currently showing, but thats the thing with snow. A little push here and a nudge there and we have snow showers that no one expected or predicted. Even if they are the tiny little scraps. Sit, wait and watch.

Im hoping for something decent this week/end and who knows afer that...a mild blip, with a return to colddddddd (I hope)

Posted

After some snizzle earlier the radar is looking very dry now. Temps really falling, down to 1 degree with -3 dew points ATM :cold: .

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

After some snizzle earlier the radar is looking very dry now. Temps really falling, down to 1 degree with -3 dew points ATM :cold: .

Snizzle has stopped here too - temps falling under clearing sky....

Temp 1.8

°C

Windchill -4°C

Dew Point -2°C

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

I do try my best :D.

As for the snowwatch, sod-all so far today, plenty of clouds, but precipitation has decided it doesn't like Lowestoft again.

i am at a late meeting tonight then making my way into Essex, quite excited, might see something, saw nothing in Yarmouth before I left.Its notably colder down here than it was back home.

Have decided to turn the heating on. It is now decidedly chilly. Sun is out though. Nasty wind chill up here on the cliffs.

really? must have turned much colder since i left this morning, i was still thinking how warm it was a way up the a12 from you.but that must be a good sign then.

Posted

i am at a late meeting tonight then making my way into Essex, quite excited, might see something, saw nothing in Yarmouth before I left.Its notably colder down here than it was back home.

really? must have turned much colder since i left this morning, i was still thinking how warm it was a way up the a12 from you.but that must be a good sign then.

You might get lucky, seems those closer to the Thames are faring much better than we East Coasters. Looking at Sat24, there's little to no precip coming anytime soon, so unless the North sea throws up some showers, it's a dry one... Again.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Snowangel-MK, January 31, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Snowangel-MK, January 31, 2012 - No reason given

Just drove back from Yarmouth and it looks like being a beautiful clear evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Im sure I heard on radio 4's forecast just now the words "snow' and 'Thursday' in the same sentence :shok:

in the meantime... anyone need something for the weekend..? (-:

It's going to snow - properly!

http://www.meteociel...hp?mode=2&ech=6

I've got a supply of edible hats too - I just hope I don't have to eat them all

edit: in the absence of a UKMO model for the date i've done this..

warmy stuff coming in from the atlantic meets coldish things established to our right

(-:

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted

do alex on lookeast use the same models as the national weather or is she still siting on the fench ,!!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Hi, anyone near stevenage ?? id like to check the temp showing on my weather station please.

Bloody freezing... Does that help?

Only joking, I've got -1.8c

Posted

Im sure I heard on radio 4's forecast just now the words "snow' and 'Thursday' in the same sentence :shok:

warmy stuff coming in from the atlantic meets coldish things established to our right

(-:

If those charts came off (IF) this region plus Eastern Mids would get Hammered...just think if it stalls .... :blink:

Posted

Currently -1.6C, with a dewpoint of -3.5C here. There were a few snow flurries around today too, with a maximum of 2C.

12z NAE shows some scattered snow showers in the region on Thursday, perhaps a dusting for a few places. I believe this risk was also mentioned on the national forecast (BBC) too:

http://expert-images...020206_3112.gif

Some even colder nights coming too, perhaps down to -5/-6C tomorrow and Thursday night.

Still quite a while a way yet, though as has been mentioned, there is a risk of snow on Saturday night into Sunday, as a front from the Atlantic attempts to make inroads into the UK. The Met office did come up with an interesting quote earlier regarding Sunday:

"Although there remains considerable uncertainty regarding exactly where this band will lie central and eastern parts are most likely to see snow and/or ice, with perhaps some significant falls of snow in places."

As we get closer to the timeframe, the picture will become clearer though it is certainly a feature for interest.

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

(-:

Yeah those models showing snow for the east on thursday but I am not sure, haven't found the precip charts to be very accurate at all lately. Will be worth watching the radar though, would be great to see a covering, its certainly cold enough, just need some precipitation.Fingers crossed.A rather cool -1 at the moment.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

Yeah those models showing snow for the east on thursday but I am not sure, haven't found the precip charts to be very accurate at all lately. Will be wotth watching the radar for though, would be great to see a covering, its certainly cold enough, just need some precipitation.Fingers crossed.A rather cool -1 at the moment.

You'd get more than a covering from that ... :D

Posted

Haha thanks, mines showing - 3.2 :unsure:

It should be at head height away from walls / buildings etc . Is yours on the ground?

Posted

Temperature here is 2.89c with a wind chill of -3.65c. Wind is gusting at around 30mph which is quite something after a very calm last few days. Still a very clear night.

Posted

You'd get more than a covering from that ... :D

Yeah I was referring to thursdays snow risk, the weekend has the potential for some serious snow, but I won't be getting my hopes up just yet.

Posted

Yeah I was referring to thursdays snow risk, the weekend has the potential for some serious snow, but I won't be getting my hopes up just yet.

These are the temps for sunday from the GFS12z, you can see the whole of this region is still under the lower temps

post-9498-0-28453600-1328041050_thumb.pn

Posted

If those charts came off (IF) this region plus Eastern Mids would get Hammered...just think if it stalls .... :blink:

and just think i went into homebase last sunday and the womem said what do you know i dont i got a snow spade all i said is im a model watcher and i know what coming i hope!!