Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

This was shot about 3pm... we now have a full coverage of all the grass etc and temp is steady at minus 0.8c.

bb

Posted

The front has stalled and lost intensity on its western flank, under the lighter areas only though with some heavier echoes appearing now.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Sorry to be thick - but whats the triple point that I keep seeing getting mentioned?

It is the point at which the warm and cold front merge to form an occlusion north of the tripple point (think of it like a lightning fork shape). At this point the precipitation is heaviest and moves south along the front in this situation because the warm front has slowed.

The current snow is just the warm front so as it occludes we may get heavier precipitation near the tripple point.

Posted

I hope theres still time for it to pick up around this area according to latest forecast heaviest snow fall shall happen by around 5pm and continue til around 10pm!! I hope it does

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Being sad just quickly worked out it would need the front to stall for 50 hours to get to 5cm.

Posted

The front has stalled and lost intensity on its western flank, under the lighter areas only though with some heavier echoes appearing now.

If you look direct west or north west which is where our precipitation is coming from then it look as though we should get all moderate from when it arrives plus any intensification.

All in all, pleased.

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Still no more than a dusting here .....#poorstart , has a chance still to redeem itself? Pennines sem to be zapping everything out of it ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

So light in Barnsley, virtually non-existant. Not sure what all the severe weather warnings are about from Meto, predicting 5-10cm... if it continues at this rate until next Christmas we'll still not get that amount... looking like a complete non-event...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Still heavy here, the visibility is very low atm due to breeze

Posted

A bit more moderate now, think i will go to Tesco's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

So light in Barnsley, virtually non-existant. Not sure what all the severe weather warnings are about from Meto, predicting 5-10cm... if it continues at this rate until next Christmas we'll still not get that amount... looking like a complete non-event...

Very dissapointing so far for sure! Although supposed to get heavier early evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

disappointment is setting in for me atm, was hopeful for barnsley, especially with the weather warnings, looks at the moment as if the metO got a little over excited

Posted

Pepping up here again now

Think it's time to go get some beer as I won't be off out tonight in this.

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Moderate to heavy snow here in Bingley with a couple of cm on ground! And looking whats to come, id expect around 5 to 10 cm widely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Hope all these videos aren't getting annoying... I'll just do one or 2 more depending on how things go.. This was about 3-30pm and still its coming down at a fairly heavy rate- we now have over an inch and its drifting in the drive as you'll see in the next video!

bb

Posted

why the negativity? we all knew the main precipitation would not be until around 6pm onwards, it's looking fantastic for all of us across the region. Up until last week it looked like we wouldn't even see a snow flake for a majority of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

The snowfall has reached me here in the last few mins.

Very light flakes so far.

BL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I'm pleasantly surprised by the snow here - quite heavy and drifting too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

...and what is with the complete lack of precip north west of Barnsley towards Huddersfield...the exact direction the snow is supposed to be coming from....

Edited by SouthYorks