Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 2

A.J

Posted

Epic NMM tonight, especially for the eastern side of the region! I have attached what it is showing for the 6pm and 9pm hours to give you an idea. (hope this is okay mods) :D

post-5649-0-90208100-1328309206_thumb.pn

Looks like you're right in the firing line, NS. About time the Northants posters had a change of luck :good:

For us further to the west, it looks like a period modest-to-heavy snow between 16:00 to mid-evening, followed by a briefish spell of rain. Ice could be a real problem on Sunday morning.

Bish

Posted

Here it comes! hope it slows down a bit!

fingers crossed for something special for all of the UK :)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Oh gawd, they're kicking off about the suicide post in the snowrisk thread, it annoys me that people take offence at something on other people behalfs even though it probably hasn't affected them.

I had a really good friend kill herself when i was at college, we never even though anything was wrong with her.. :(

Anyways, the point is that I don't find that remark offensive even though she was very close to me, it offends me more that people make a fuss!

Are they?! I didn't see it? If they are then they seriously need to lighten up.

Posted

Much better 18z runs for the Midlands, precip totals yet again are a little higher and the front is progged to be a little slower in arriving and both the NAE/NMM suggests far more of the front stays as snow compared with the 12z runs.

Just a smidge further west on both runs.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Nick L, February 3, 2012 - Let's drop it now please :)
Hidden by Nick L, February 3, 2012 - Let's drop it now please :)

and me cyclonic annoying people kicking up a fuss, a very close family member of mine took there life but i took no offence to AJ's comment and none was meant end off you can't say owt these days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

NMM 18z also a little further west. Cold digs in better. NMM actually suggests only a little rain and sleet on the back edge here now. :)

Posted
go for the snow mate similar to a peterson innings shows great potential but all over after 5 minutes

lol that's a brilliant analogy. Of course what we really want tomorrow evening is a Jonathan Trott-esque 10 hour humdinger.......

Bish

Posted

and me cyclonic annoying people kicking up a fuss, a very close family member of mine took there life but i took no offence to AJ's comment and none was meant end off you can't say owt these days

see! it's folks like us that should be saying stuff, if we're not, then that means that the comments were fine.

They deleted all the off topic comments in case the do-gooders got offended for us :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Are they?! I didn't see it? If they are then they seriously need to lighten up.

It's been binned for the sake of keeping the peace....The few spoil it for the masses......ho hum!

It's been binned for the sake of keeping the peace....The few spoil it for the masses......ho hum!

by the way....if any member mentions 'wrist slashing' or anything of that ilk when describing the weather, they're for the chop!

Posted

by the way....if any member mentions 'wrist slashing' or anything of that ilk when describing the weather, they're for the chop!

AJ, I know you deleted it in the interests of keeping the peace and i'm all for that. I do think though that you shouldn't have had to delete it because it was light hearted and I didn't for one second take it seriously. I often come out with things like.. "If this snow event goes wrong now with 2-3 days to go.. I'll shoot someone/jump out the window/top myself etc... Doesn't mean I actually would of course :lol: It's just iight hearted and a joke.

Just because say... 2 people took it seriously out of 100 people, doesn't mean you should have to back down to them =\

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Here it comes! hope it slows down a bit!

fingers crossed for something special for all of the UK :)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Blimey looking at that it will be here by dawn if it does'nt go NNW and completely miss us all!!

Posted

Looks like you're right in the firing line, NS. About time the Northants posters had a change of luck :good:

For us further to the west, it looks like a period modest-to-heavy snow between 16:00 to mid-evening, followed by a briefish spell of rain. Ice could be a real problem on Sunday morning.

Bish

Cheers Bish ! It does look as though our bad run of luck of late might finally be about to change.

See you all tomorrow when we can switch to nowcasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

AJ, I know you deleted it in the interests of keeping the peace and i'm all for that. I do think though that you shouldn't have had to delete it because it was light hearted and I didn't for one second take it seriously. I often come out with things like.. "If this snow event goes wrong now with 2-3 days to go.. I'll shoot someone/jump out the window/top myself etc... Doesn't mean I actually would of course :lol: It's just iight hearted and a joke.

Just because say... 2 people took it seriously out of 100 people, doesn't mean you should have to back down to them =\

it does I'm afraid Andy, if just one person complains then that's one person too many....I made a boob, and to anyone who took offense, I most humbly & wholeheartedly apologise :) ....................with one exception, and he damn well knows who he is

Anyhoos, back to the weather discussion...................

Posted

it does I'm afraid Andy, if just one person complains then that's one person too many....I made a boob, and to anyone who took offense, I most humbly & wholeheartedly apologise :) ....................with one exception, and he damn well knows who he is

Anyhoos, back to the weather discussion...................

Gahhh, fair enough :( Well I got your back son.

It's absolutely taters out there at the moment, -3.3c with a dew of -7.7c, why can't the PPN turn up now? Would be no danger of it being borderline :lol:

Posted

A quick snowfall total maps based on the NAE

post-8968-0-48329400-1328311184_thumb.pn

BROWN- Heavy snowfall, may be wet in nature with sleet at the coasts, 15-17mm projected. Large snowfall variations, around 5-20cm of snow. Highest accumulations further west around 150/200m+, coastal regions around 5cm at best. Perhaps turning to rain up to 10 miles from the coast.

ORANGE- Heaviest accumulation expected here, 15/18mm projected. Zero marginality further south and east, perhaps slight wet snow on low ground in western parts of Yorkshire for a time. Accumulation widespread 13-21cm expected.

GREEN- Heavy snowfall, margin for error for western extent of snow. As a result the further west the more likely to see wet snow. 11/14mm projected. 5-15cm of snow, highest accumulation in the east of the region

PINK- Moderate to heavy snowfall, 10/13mm projected. Zero marginality. Widespread 11-16cm expected. Less accumulations in the far south east, due to weakening of the precipitation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

My weather station must be playing up a bit right now. Is it really -8.4c out there now!!!

Dewpoint at -11c!

Looking at XC weather suggests it may not be far off actually.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

A quick snowfall total maps based on the NAE

Thanks for the update Cheese Rice, very informative :)

Looks like I'm inside the green area, but very close to the orange zone. Just one more shift west..........

Bish

Posted

Thanks for the update Cheese Rice, very informative :)

Looks like I'm inside the green area, but very close to the orange zone. Just one more shift west..........

Bish

Its not gospel of course!

Your area is likely to see some of the deepest snowfall still.

Posted

My weather station must be playing up a bit right now. Is it really -8.4c out there now!!!

Dewpoint at -11c!

Looking at XC weather suggests it may not be far off actually.

I'm down to -6.6 now, and still falling. DP is currently -9.6 :)

Bish

Posted

Andy just went outside -5c baltic, do you think the pitches up the park will be o.k for us to play footy tomorrow lol no more local league games for a few weekends by the look of it

Posted

Andy just went outside -5c baltic, do you think the pitches up the park will be o.k for us to play footy tomorrow lol no more local league games for a few weekends by the look of it

I seriously doubt it dude! You could play footy on it but you'd be better wearing trainers/moulds than studs, I doubt the ref would allow the match to go on though, the ground will definitely be frozen over all day in my opinion.

Posted

There are two stations on Weather Underground for Chesterfield. One shows -2.7°C and the other shows -7.2°C. Which one should I believe, once and for all?

Edited by Static Prevails

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

There are two stations on Weather Underground for Chesterfield. One shows -2.7°C and the other shows -7.2°C. Which one should I believe, once and for all?

The station at Nottingham/Watnall is reporting -2.9 °C, and that's only 20-25 miles south of you, so I'd say the -2.7 °C station is right. -7.2 °C seems much too low for Chesterfield right now.