Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yes it does not look good at all for the south coast area, even tonights temps are saying 7 degrees, who knows maybe we will get some end of next week when the cold is set to return.

Based on which output?

Just curious.

gottolovethisweather

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Kentish, as early as possible - certainly during daylight! And pray that the front doesn't come through any quicker than predicted.

-9C here in Southampton at 08:00 - just popped up t0 +0.3C. Still at least it gives us all a chance to get our panic buying done safely. DP -4.9C and rising. As others have reported, milky white cloud is moving in from the West.

I have an afternoon of sport and beer planned but I hope to be back on the board (much) later. I will just lurk if I am too incoherent... :pardon:

Good luck, everybody!

Oh no Kate (?) please still post your reports. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

I must confess I'm finding it hard to believe we'll have any snow today/tonight. Just spent an hour breaking up & removing ice from the bird bath & my 2 ponds (it was an inch thick in places) and it's a gorgeous day out there. Blue skies with some whiteness creeping into them, sunshine, crisp air - my 2nd favourite kind of day after thunderstorm days!

Anyways, here's my current weatherstation info: Temp 3.9c, Humidity 67%, Dewpoint -1.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

With the sun out it feels warm on the iow.hearing the rain hit the windows as I watch match of the day....is a distinct possibility....

Posted

Temp -1.2, DP -3.5 here in Southampton. Cloud is spreading in rapidly, high cirrus/cirrostratus is streaming down from the NE, plus there is a light SW wind picking up.

Latest visible satellite suggests the triple-point low is forming, north of N. Ireland.

post-13989-0-27681400-1328355698.png

Surface warm front is just off the Welsh coast. Based on the satellite presentation, it looks as if the LP will track slightly further E, perhaps exiting the coast as far E as W Sussex. Very hard to tell until we can see the actual LP centre forming on satellite.

I shall be glued to the satlellite and radar today!

Hi OMM,

It is wonderful to see you posting but I have a question.

In relation to my post earlier shown here - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72440-south-central-england-regional-discussion-thread-part-2/page__view__findpost__p__2246559 can you confirm that this cold is likely to arrive in two waves?

That is, the first warming will eventually get replaced by a second cooling of airmasses?

Please advise as it might help lessen some confusion on here.

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Thought id go outside a feel the temps for myself and i have to say its still pretty cold here!! I can see my breath still. Thats always a good sign lol

Where is "Here" ??

Fill out your profile & we'll know what you're talking about

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Temp 1.2c here, dewpoint @ -5.5c. Clouded over here now, nerves starting to kick in. :help::80:

Posted

Also, regarding these winds, the surface flow is forecast to be from the Southwest for all until around midnight. From here on in, it backs around to the North and then Northeast.

We need the Triple Point low mentioned by OMM to initiate perfectly and hopefully a good covering long befoe it arrives.

This is STILL a KNIFE EDGE situation which could go either way. :shok:

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Temp risen to 1c here now. Just hoping it doesn't rise anymore. Beautiful sunshine outside and it actually feels a little warm in direct sunlight.

If the front keeps moving at it's current rate then I think I'll see snow for the first couple of hours followed by sleet. Would a drop in temp towards the end of the afternoon help keep it as snow?

Posted

GTLTW,

Just looked back at your earlier post with the 525 dam line shifting back as the cold air does force its way back sunday morning.

We really do need the first warm front to start to slow down, the BBC forecast I just saw seem to still think it will.

BO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Temp now 2.9C.Tiny bit of snizzle in the air.

Posted

GTLTW,

Just looked back at your earlier post with the 525 dam line shifting back as the cold air does force its way back sunday morning.

We really do need the first warm front to start to slow down, the BBC forecast I just saw seem to still think it will.

BO

Spot on BO, that was my opinion as well. :good:

Posted

yup confirm very light snow here in poole, and who said it would be rain? *tut tut tut*

Well done fishy, please update your profile. It really does make our live easier in here. :good:

Edited by gottolovethisweather