Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

i dont mean to be all high and mighty but so far my predictions have been 100% correct (temperature here now falling) so i think we can expect signigicant snowfall!

I seriously hope you are correct but as I said to others, can you please clarify your sources for the added confidence in your posts?

I don't want to raise anyone's hopes but I still maintain as WM has also done, the best of the SNOW should be the further North and East you go.

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Think we should all conclude that were not going to get any snow, especially closer to the channel. The warmth from this is making the temperatures rise rather then decrease. Not very likely for snow on the IOW.. If there is a shift west later it could be interesting.

I wouldn't come to conclusion so quickly, when the event is underway then its the right time to conclude :good:

I still stand by my prediction. The temperature is very mild here at the moment, 4.2c but its now started dropping like a stone

SM

Posted

I think all we can do is wait and see now. My location did quite well out of snow in the last couple of years, about 450 feet up (sorry old skool!!) and in the middle of North Hampshire so it will be knife edge stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Think we should all conclude that were not going to get any snow, especially closer to the channel. The warmth from this is making the temperatures rise rather then decrease. Not very likely for snow on the IOW.. If there is a shift west later it could be interesting.

IF the frontal band slows down and also increases in intensity then there is STILL hope. Many places out to our Southwest are reporting SNOW in spite of higher upper air temperatures. Clearly, there is still a lot to play for and it starting to become a lamp-post and radar watch from here on in.

Posted

i dont mean to be all high and mighty but so far my predictions have been 100% correct (temperature here now falling) so i think we can expect signigicant snowfall!

Well, good luck with that one.

PPN just started here. Light rain at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

I seriously hope you are correct but as I said to others, can you please clarify your sources for the added confidence in your posts?

I don't want to raise anyone's hopes but I still maintain as WM has also done, the best of the SNOW should be the further North and West you go.

gottolovethisweather

I disagree and would say the further north and EAST not west.

Posted

I will just repost part of a comment from fellow Newburian Jonesyes, which I feel is still very relevant. :good:

A few things to note:

• Do we have embedded cold air - check.
  • Do we have Precipitation - check.
  • What happens when cold air and warm air collide? Fireworks - check.
  • Do we believe what every single run of every single model tells us? check no.
  • Does heavier precipitation increase the chances of snow - check.
  • How often do we see a front pass through earler/later than expected? often

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ BBC forecast much better for solent area shows snow right across our area, even IOW :good:

Really?

I just put in a similar postcode to you and it says Rain?????

Posted

I disagree and would say the further north and EAST not west.

Yes, typo. CORRECTED. :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ BBC forecast much better for solent area shows snow right across our area, even IOW :good:

like i said hundreds of times the met office rules with their warnings.not the fantasy maps some people go by lol

Posted

Hi OMM,

It is wonderful to see you posting but I have a question.

In relation to my post earlier shown here - http://forum.netweat...ost__p__2246559 can you confirm that this cold is likely to arrive in two waves?

That is, the first warming will eventually get replaced by a second cooling of airmasses?

Please advise as it might help lessen some confusion on here.

Kind Regards

gottolovethisweather

Thanks GTLTW. Sorry for the delay in replying, got a bit sidetracked!

I'd say there is a very good chance of the cold returning. I shall say more on the model forum later but the continental block is going nowhere fast, and the just isn't enough jet energy to displace it for the moment.

Anyway, more later!

Posted

My amateur north facing temperature gauge topped at -1 an hour ago, its now dropping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny
Posted · Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 4, 2012 - Let's stick to discussing the current event and not the MetO, BBC or other topics.
Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 4, 2012 - Let's stick to discussing the current event and not the MetO, BBC or other topics.

like i said hundreds of times the met office rules with their warnings.not the fantasy maps some people go by lol

Your comments about the met office are making me feel like i dont want snow just to prove you wrong haha. Heard you say about the met office about 5 - 6 times now.. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Temperature dropping significantly here in poole will deffo be in the minus temps tonight!

Posted

Next weekend is looking good so far on the gfs so will have to wait and see on that one

Temperature dropping significantly here in poole will deffo be in the minus temps tonight!

The wind is predicted to turn sw so i wouldnt bank on that!

Posted

5C here now, think that's the highest it will go today hopefully, then plummet after sun set :)