Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 3

Posted

Omg Granada weather totally at odds with rain / freezing rain for all lol. Sack them forcasters lol

I have never been overly thrilled with the itv forecasts its just too general and very little detail for my liking, and granada weather is no different imo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The bbc has us snow to rain!

For your location what was around nine hours of snow and one hour of drizzle.

Posted

Omg Granada weather totally at odds with rain / freezing rain for all lol. Sack them forcasters lol

Diane on Granada said same lol!

Posted

Diane on Granada said same lol!

because our dear diane oxberry is a mild ramper lol anyway isnt she bbc not itv?

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

For your location what was around nine hours of snow and one hour of drizzle.

Exactly! Lol I was being sarcastic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Which is what the NMM is predicting for most west of the Pennines, air thickness and uppers are set to rise during the frontal passage. Leaving rain falling on sub zero ground, could be very dangerous. :help:

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Dianne on NW tonight just said 5cm on the ground everywhere, 10+ on higher ground, turning to rain at night.

Thing is, temperatures will be well sub-zero come nightfall. This could well be a total snow event.

Posted

Dianne on NW tonight just said 5cm on the ground everywhere, 10+ on higher ground, turning to rain at night.

Thing is, temperatures will be well sub-zero come nightfall. This could well be a total snow event.

Another shift west like earlier and it could well be, not long til you can chalk off the 7000!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

So then, what's happening?.....Oh I see you've just wasted one whole page of posts about a whether a slodge of orange has moved 3 pixels on the Meto's Microsoft Paint sponsored Weather Chart, which incidently, I have on good authority that it was edited by a Met Office foreign exchange student after a heavy pub lunchtime session........good grief folks! :rolleyes:

Midlands thread that way ..... N close the door behind u please, your letting a draft in lol

Posted

Gritter just done my street twice, from past experience they only do the side roads when expecting the worst! Ramp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

What time, roughly going by the latest models, is it expected for the snow to hit Manchester city centre area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Dare I ask it, but not here surely? Sorry to be full of IMBY-ishness, but will coastal areas & near still not be the exception??

Posted

i would say manchester will get hit between 12 and 2pm im a bit like the met office im not gonna commit to anything else in the time frame all could change lol

Edited by guvnor22002

Posted

Dare I ask it, but not here surely? Sorry to be full of IMBY-ishness, but will coastal areas & near still not be the exception??

I'm afraid a mainly all rain event for the coasts, my location included as well.

It could be freezing rain for a short period so be careful if you are out and about.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Gritter just done my street twice, from past experience they only do the side roads when expecting the worst! Ramp

Your lucky. The past 3 years we've only got sideroads gritted about 2 days after the snow actually falls :doh:

Posted

Gonna have to disagree with Liam and say that you will probably get at least some frontal edge snow fall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I disagree! It will be mostly snow and freezing rain on the coast, just watch.

Posted

Seems the Met Office on Twitter are useless :lol:

@metoffice Thanks SJ. What are the chances of a further westward shift on the models tonight? Trend is there on GFS! Need snow in Cheshire!

@jdpal1993 All the information I have available is within the warnings & web pages. I cannot advise you further as I am not a forecaster ^SJ

Posted

Quoted from the Netweather Alert.

It will turn readily to snow on its leading edge inland away from western coastal areas.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=forecast;type=alerts;reg=3;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Gonna have to disagree with Liam and say that you will probably get at least some frontal edge snow fall.

Yea am excepting that atm, although had made plans to go into Manchester tomorrow morning - i'm seriously concerned about return travel conditions though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sorry, should have said I disagree with Liam. I can't go into the many reasons why it will be mostly snow, but just trust me!

Posted

Quoted from the Netweather Alert.

It will turn readily to snow on its leading edge inland away from western coastal areas.

http://www.netweathe...rts;reg=3;sess=

God I hate that phrase so much!! :doh:

Posted

Yea am excepting that atm, although had made plans to go into Manchester tomorrow morning - i'm seriously concerned about return travel conditions though.

That'll be a fun journey! :D

Posted

DIANNE HAD FULL ON SNOW EVENT FOR US ALL!!!!