Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Probably a steady drop down until dawn now.

-1.3C, and I'm off to bed! :)

Posted

Well I'm keeping schtum with regards to the s-word. I just can't see the forecast synoptics getting west enough to stop a quick thaw. We're running out of time as the event nears.

So so close to a proper battleground event (i.e. with the cold air winning)...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Posted · Hidden by Cheshire Freeze, February 3, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Cheshire Freeze, February 3, 2012 - No reason given

Don't want to give anyone nightmares.....but night all.....

0313.png

Posted

Don't want to give anyone nightmares but......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167

Night all (run rainfall progression through)

Posted

-5.7'c at 1.am in Buxton, temp dropping like a stone currently -0.87'/hr in clear skies and slack wind.

-10 seems a bit optimistic for tonight now.....I wouldn't even be surprised if Buxton scraped some precipitation from that lot out east.....I should certainly think it will cloud places up somewhat. -3.9 here right now.

Posted

I'd say another hour at least before our night minimas are threatened by it, could introduce some granule snowfall but unless the convergence builds further inland I doubt much accumulation will form by the morning. Could give some nice scenes as moisture is reintroduced away from the drier DPs which are now starting to lower as the warm front out west approaches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Nice meto warnings especially for this part of the region as we stay just within the snow warning boundry that moves over the south Sunday meaning that its highly likely those on the SW pennines at altitude will see the back end stay snowy in nature. A further shunt west of the the front and cold air would see more people keeping the band as snow rather than rain or sleet. Lets not forget that until it actually happens that anything we see weather wise for Saturday is still a prediction subject to changes.

Posted

-6 showing here, will be even colder in the rural areas. Coldest night of this spell so far. Hard frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Nice meto warnings especially for this part of the region as we stay just within the snow warning boundry that moves over the south Sunday meaning that its highly likely those on the SW pennines at altitude will see the back end stay snowy in nature. A further shunt west of the the front and cold air would see more people keeping the band as snow rather than rain or sleet. Lets not forget that until it actually happens that anything we see weather wise for Saturday is still a prediction subject to changes.

Yes, and although atm I'm being realistic for my area, being west and sea-level, I also know that in Feb '96 the front was very much expected to drive through and bring rain to most. Looks good for many in the east of the region though - good luck to all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

-4.0 over here on the coast

Posted

dipped now to -7 just before heading for work. Simon King on radio 5 live playing down disruptive snowfall for the north west 'a brief spell of snow before it turns back to rain' - and indicates more for central/eastern areas. He also indicates a more ealier timeframe i.e. mid morning Saturday for our parts. We shall see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

-4.1c here in crosby, -4.7c min.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

--5.2c here, dew point -7.0c.

Minimum -6.3c.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Morning Liam, NMM has the snow starting at 07.00 tomorrow.post-12571-0-31692500-1328255817_thumb.p

And i still coming down 5 hours later at noon. but for some it shows as freezing rainpost-12571-0-25521800-1328255883_thumb.p

Morning Liam, NMM has the snow starting at 07.00 tomorrow.post-12571-0-31692500-1328255817_thumb.p

And i still coming down 5 hours later at noon. but for some it shows as freezing rainpost-12571-0-25521800-1328255883_thumb.p

Yup its looking increasingly like a snow to rain jobby im afraid,obviuosly the further east you are the better but after all the excitement of yesterday gfs picked up on a downgrade last night for the NW and its continued this morning.

i seriosuly doubt there will be much lying snow across much of our region come sunday morning now.

Ah well,will be nice to see falling snow ,im kind of hoping it stays snow here but not optmistic,if i was in the west of the region id have gievn up already/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

at work again so can't check but I take it that it's still east of the 12 z and Warner on Sunday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Yes Peter a brief snow to rain event likely for us in NW England, I wasn't really expecting all that much to avoid disappointment. Might get a covering for an hour or so. I'm not to happy about freezing rain as that could cause fatal accidents.

More snow chances next week though, but thats a while off.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

at work again so can't check but I take it that it's still east of the 12 z and Warner on Sunday?

I think looking today pal we could still be okay with been as far east for snow! Think we will know more tonight!

post-6740-0-64944800-1328256311_thumb.jp post-6740-0-35249500-1328256322_thumb.gi

Edited by cfallon