Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Anyone Still Looking For Snow And Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Im sat here in my lunch hour watching the snow fall outside my window preying for some warm spring weather. Got me thinking about the lovely spring weather back home and wondering if anyone is still hoping to see snow and cold before summer arrives??...i know i used consign snow and cold to the following winter come March 1st.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Nah, not at the moment, but if a snow event pops up I will!

Posted

It should only snow between mid November and mid March. The rest of the year should be warm and sunny.

So the answer is no. The snow had it's chance and failed to deliver. Bye, snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

In the case of snow, certainly- I always welcome a good old "spring switch-around" with warm sunshine one week and then a northerly plunge with sharp wintry showers the next, I would happily take a re-run of June 1975 with its snow showers on the 2nd and subsequent hot sunshine.

As for cold, only under specific circumstances. I would welcome polar/arctic maritime weather as described above, or perhaps cold dry bright weather with overnight frosts, but a definite no to those cold grey easterly/north-easterly types...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I can't say as I'm looking forward it as such but if it came, I'd enjoy it all the same...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I'm not looking for any snow at the moment, but if I woke up and there was snow outside I certainly wouldn't be unhappy. As far as I'm concerned, snow is very possible between November and April and if it occurs it isn't that unusual.

The last March snowfall here was 2010, it's unusual to have no snow at all during March.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

last Spring snow I had was 6th Apr 08, snow very unusual from late Feb here, If I was living in Scotland I would be very interested in model thread etc for a white Easter, they look like having an easter snowfest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Would happily see some snow in April. A nice good warm spell like we're having followed by a stiff northerly laden with snow showers would be great (although please northerly wait until after my camping adventure next week!).

After early May then no cold weather can stay away till October.

Posted

Like TWS and Bottesford I would welcome April snow as Spring does have a wintry side to it and April snow can be quite unique. But only in the form of a short(ish) cold snap as come April I'd also be looking forward to warmer weather and pleasant but changeable conditions.

I wouldn't write snow off just yet - we still have another month with that possibility and I just wonder whether the CET for April may be below that of March - C'est les Printemps encore!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I'm looking for it with such fevered intensity my eyes are red and weeping. A white Easter would be the meteorological holy grail as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted

I like interesting weather and for me snow in spring (especially the second half) is very much that.

Im a fan of rapid switcharounds and would love to have experienced June 1975.

The last lying snow in spring was April 2008 here, though 11th May 2010 managed falling snow. That day was especially good as its also my birthday, so a pretty special treat.

Yes i too don't mind rapid change arounds, quite interesting to have big contrasts week to week, just a shame the weekend is looking like a torrid transition from very warm afternoons/cool by night/beautiful clear skies to cooler but still mild cloudy weather day and night instead of crisp cold sunny weather, still a mid atlantic ridge so something possible down the line in April but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Edited by Eugene

Posted

I'm looking for it with such fevered intensity my eyes are red and weeping. A white Easter would be the meteorological holy grail as far as I'm concerned.

That's more like it!

Posted

I'm looking for hot and cold weather atm. I'm hoping we see a brisk northerly with snow showers while also wanting high pressure with warm weather.

Posted

I'm looking for hot and cold weather atm. I'm hoping we see a brisk northerly with snow showers while also wanting high pressure with warm weather.

My thoughts too. I basically don't want a stuck in a rut type thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

There might be a cold northerly in April as there are actually a few tentative signs from the models, but I highly doubt we would see much lying snow as the ground temperatures will surely be quite high after this warm spell, unless of course we actually get more than one northerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im really not looking forward to this supposed cool down and possible cold weather. I take the view that Winter had its chance and the whole failed miserably this year. Spring and Summer is having its turn now so in my opinion, keep it! Whats the wildlife and plants going to think after this week and then it could be frosty and some snow again?

I like Snow but the time for that has passed. If anything im more annoyed Winter charts are yet again appearing at the time we want and it looks like the Azores high will become suppressed... at the time we dont want in my opinion.

Posted

This is why it's hard to speak for everyone on a weather forum because we do not all want the same thing.. I very much enjoy warm weather but being a weather enthusiast I don't really want every single day to be sunny and warm.. I'd like see something different to break up the monotonous weather.. but I guess I should move to the midwestern United States if I want day to day changeable weather.

Posted

Talk about poor weather forecast in the Uk...today i was looking forward to a sunny spring day with temps of 13c so they said last night...here we are again its cold and snowing and the temp is 0c..i think Canadain forecast are always wide of the mark on a daily basis pah!

Posted

Talk about poor weather forecast in the Uk...today i was looking forward to a sunny spring day with temps of 13c so they said last night...here we are again its cold and snowing and the temp is 0c..i think Canadain forecast are always wide of the mark on a daily basis pah!

and whilst not in the middle of Canada it can hardly be classed as a maritime climate!

In a way its nice to hear forecasts over there are as wide of the mark at close range as they are here at times.

Posted

and whilst not in the middle of Canada it can hardly be classed as a maritime climate!

In a way its nice to hear forecasts over there are as wide of the mark at close range as they are here at times.

Oh i would definetly say the forecast here are less accurate even short range than they are in the UK,,They do a rolling seven day forecast in the news programmes and this will change everyday..for example on Firday night the next seven days were going to be very cold and dry...saturday morning the next seven days were going to be mild and sunny..in fact it has been rather cold and wet so far!

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

After this early taste of Summer, 20c plus for the fourth day, not sure I am enthralled by the prospect of cold and snow.