Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

'Ey up, kilted threaders...

I've not been in for a fw weeks because, well, it's just been kinda generic weather, really.

Today has been 6-10 degrees, a bit breezy, gusting at times, still at times; there was some bright strong sunshine; there was some steady rain. Some cloudy skies, other times blue skies.

It's jsut been like that every day for what feels like months and months... just kinda... well... weather... really.

Exceedingly difficult to feel anything at all resembling interest in it :-(

I'm even down to just the one lightweight cashmere simmit and a single lightweight jumper - but that's the only way I know the weather's changed in the last month, because I'm wearing fewer sheep...

BM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Sun sun sun sun sun!

FINALLY a winter walk fitting of winter. I was up in the Cairngorms today in deep snow, dazzled by glare from the snow and applying suncream at frequent intervals. More like February than April up there at the moment, but the extra couple of months really make a difference to the strength of the sun. Quite surreal being in so much snow in Scotland when the sun is that hot.

Usually I'd grumble at the other folk walking about up there, but today everyone was wearing the "FINALLY!" grin and I couldn't begrudge anyone being out today. It was a joy to share the hills with like-minded folk. Actually, it felt like every snow-lover in the country had been waiting for a day like that.

<sighs>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A blue sky day to get loads done in the garden - and we had to keep moving because it was only 9C and quite draughty. Remarkably clear air so could look at the Kessock Bridge from here and make out the individual legs. And the trees near Dalcross...

All change this week; will be back to full winter kit in a few days after a slightly warmer midweek interlude wacko.png .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cool and damp here with rain easing off. Temp 6C. Wind NE. A colleague just rung from Drummochter on his way to Inverness to say snow falling but not lying at the summit. More for the Cairngorms this morning then.

Posted
I've not been in for a fw weeks because, well, it's just been kinda generic weather, really.

I'll take a few weeks more of this generic weather, ta much!

Posted

Stared off early morning at 3c and then rained for most of the morning still dull and currently 8.4c. Another inspiring day.

Posted

Stared off early morning at 3c and then rained for most of the morning still dull and currently 8.4c. Another inspiring day.

Snap. Looks like the end of the rain for the week tho? Famous last words from HC again probably.

115mm rain in April, wettest month of the year...

...so far.

Posted

hi all.  nicer late afternoon after damp morning.  tomorrow looking very nice, and some warmer and drier prospect generally this week.  

Cold again at the weekend coming?  oh no.  off to look at the models.

Posted

Grey bitter day here. Spent most of the morning freezing in the car park due to the Toaster wars and the fire alarm!!!!

Grey end as well, topped 9C but felt more like -9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

SUN SUN SUN SUN! But I'm in York I suppose. River flooded again down here.

Looking forward to getting home to the cold. Just doesn't feel right being warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Fair with sunshine here today with a max of 13.3C so warmest for a few weeks.

Noticed that the warmest day of April was the first at 14.1C.

Posted

Smashing day with sunny blue skies but with a nagging cold N wind possibly a sea breeze? First pair of swallows in the garage arrived today about two weeks late. N on on crop finally and domestic grasses tamed.Cows being kept in overnight until after the weekend given the outlook. Growth still pretty slow currently 8 c

Posted

Smashing day with sunny blue skies but with a nagging cold N wind possibly a sea breeze? First pair of swallows in the garage arrived today about two weeks late. N on on crop finally and domestic grasses tamed.Cows being kept in overnight until after the weekend given the outlook. Growth still pretty slow currently 8 c

Yes, you beat me to it. Stunning blue sky day after a grey start, and a bit of a north-easterly breeze but warm enough if you kept moving.

I thought I could hear something today, sounded like 'ssssssssssssssssssssssssss' all the time... Grass photosynthesising? blum.gif

Also zillions of tiddly lambs tottering around, being all cute for a few days before they turn into woolly maggots. And all the cows I saw today were still indoors; looked happy enough, especially the ones that had pole position in the sun by doors etc.

Watched the snow melting on Wyvis during the day - some thaw up there!

Trees etc all bursting into leaf now, quite a spring day...

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

oh I wish these easterly winds would begger off.  Cool and 7C here - a bit of a transition as you head west.  speaking to my sister in Stornoway area yesterday they are enjoying 17C + temps.  lovely!

A colder(er) blast again this weekend then maybe some glimpses in the long range of more widespread warmer spring like temps across the county and winds form directions that are not east or north!!

At last the ski centres are enjoying it - or at least Aviemore.  I would be up myself with the masses if not for fact no 3 is due for arrival any day now.  every cloud, or something like that..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Hey guys,

Haven't been on here for a while! Can't believe that it's coming up for 6 years that I've been a member on this forum!! Time flies when you're having fun ;)

Lovely day here today, hopefully the beginning of some warmer weather now as this bitter air is getting a bit old :)

Nice to be back,

WX

Posted

Tullock Bridge currently the warmest place in the UK - I suspect that does not happen too often.  A Foehn effect I wonder?

anyway, sun eventually came out here a bit but a very cool day.  Currently 7C.  Grass seed finally starting to grow properly despite the weather.

Posted

Not so warm here either despite the sun shining strongly since late morning. My face is stinging from the sun (left suncream at home ee aw) but outside you need the layers on.

I see some joker has started the usual thread about whether we've turned the heating off yet... Where's the neck-wringing smiley?

Posted

Great sunny day here but feels real cold this evening currently 4c with another wintry sunset. Farm cats all sitting in the sun out of the wind this afternoon think I"ll join them tomorrow Such a good day that I felt like gardening and not farming and all veg got sown today plus noticed first strawberry plants begining to flower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Looking forward to this weekend! I'm expecting sleet here by tomorrow morning and snow by tomorrow evening. I'm even expecting some lying snow between Saturday and Sunday. -10 uppers in May!! Nice :)

Posted

Another cracking day comes to an end with cloud slobbering down from the north. Highlight of today was having an ice cream while watching ducklings on the river in Dingwall...air_kiss.gif well ok that's a bit OTT smile.png

Who's this 'facebook' character that seems to keep reading this page?ph34r.png Bit of a lurker, eh. We'll have to FLUSH you out, maybe some juicy 'keywords' will do the trick... turd tickling chutney ferreting!!

Now raining at 9.30. Meto forecast says 'cooler' although cooler than what isn't clear.

Just seen the overnight temps forecastshok.gif for the weekend. If anyone near here finds cloches missing tomorrow...whistling.gif

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

The skies have finally cleared after another cool cloudy day mainly.  wintry showers for the weekend  Hopefully see a bit more sun in between.

Posted

2 days of late sunshine after grey misty starts. Topped 15C today. First swallows yesterday, and lots of fighting for last years nest at the side of the house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Well its the 4th May and we have fairly heavy wet snow here at the moment! Quite a heavy shower, big fluffy flakes! :)

Posted

being peppered by showers this morning in the NE corner.  A bit of hail mixed in but nothing to get excited about.  May be some wet snow tonight I guess and in to the morning.  Yuch I have to say.