Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Stormy weather - Thursday 10th May

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It looks like it's scooting up at a more acute angle than that. The heavier stuff looks like going towards the IoW and East. help.gif

Isn't that how I projected it? How about you have a go. blum.gif

Whatever, it'll be warm, wet, moist in many areas with the prospects of thundery bursts within and behind the main band as I understand it. good.gif

Although, sadly BBC N24 as good as said NO just then!

Regards

gottolovethisweather

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Yes N24 has heavy rain across Scotland and the South coast with nothing much inbetween for tomorrow. However, GFS is picking some indications up around East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire of storms tomorrow and lightning wizard appears to concur.

Why is it never simple doh.gif lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The tongue of warmth is really depicted well there in that graphic! Often leads to an exciting and quite electric atmosphere with pulsating bursts of energy once the moisture has been knocked out of the way......I can go on but I won't rofl.gif

Tomorrow's potential will be determined by how tonight pan's out...so both IMO are significantly interconnected and relevant within this thread biggrin.png

When the NAE charts are chopping about, which are normally one of the most reliable in the short time frame, it usually means a complex setup which could go either way.

Really wouldn't want to second guess anything at the moment to be honest!

You should be a politician with an answer like that!..lol...you could say that about any given day then....current weather reports should be placed in the relevant thread, and convective discussion in the convective discussion thread (this one, as it was expanded to encompass tomorrow's possibilities)...anyhoos, sorry matey, but a thread I started about a possible storm chase for me and hopefully a few others has gone considerably off-topic and it's rather irked me to be frank...I'm off to find my happy/male menopause pills biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

You should be a politician with an answer like that!..lol...you could say that about any given day then....current weather reports should be placed in the relevant thread, and convective discussion in the convective discussion thread (this one, as it was expanded to encompass tomorrow's possibilities)...anyhoos, sorry matey, but a thread I started about a possible storm chase for me and hopefully a few others has gone considerably off-topic and it's rather irked me to be frank...I'm off to find my happy/male menopause pills biggrin.png

Perhaps the thread should have been called something else then?

When i first read 'stormy' i was under the impression it was to do with rain and winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Perhaps the thread should have been called something else then?

When i first read 'stormy' i was under the impression it was to do with rain and winds.

It was...It was titled 'Possible Midlands Storm Chase' but was changed this morning by a member of the site team.....Anyhoos, I've said my bit, and I'll bow out...I still haven't found my happy pills...lol

Posted

I'm currently in a hospital bed in Brighton with a nice window view looking out the the east, would really love a light display tonight to end this boredom!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was...It was titled 'Possible Midlands Storm Chase' but was changed this morning by a member of the site team.....

Ahh i see, so that's where all the confusion has come from. doh.gif

I'll hop to another thread then. blum.gif

Posted

Ahh i see, so that's where all the confusion has come from. doh.gif

I'll hop to another thread then. blum.gif

nah, it's damaged goods now...lol.......I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that at least someone will get a strong thunderstorm at some stage over the next 24 hours......The place to chase going on the experts forecasts looks to be Lincolnshire & Yorkshire, but will be dependent of whether post frontal cloud will clear enough to enable convection to initiate...As intimated by Nick F & Weather09, if it does, the parameters are in place for the potential of some spectacular weather! smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm seriously thinking of heading east tomorrow, for what would be my first proper UK chase.

Being quite close to the main risk area, I'm hoping I can wait for initiation before leaving.

At the moment looks like heading towards south Humberside or North Lincolnshire might be best, but obviously that could all change.

Posted

I'm seriously thinking of heading east tomorrow, for what would be my first proper UK chase.

Being quite close to the main risk area, I'm hoping I can wait for initiation before leaving.

At the moment looks like heading towards south Humberside or North Lincolnshire might be best, but obviously that could all change.

I'll drop you a pm if you're interested Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I sincerely hope we get some thunder storms in Norwich soon. We missed out last week when Lowestoft area was being hit. I am becoming utterly despondent. :( But by all accounts......maybe tomorrow? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It was...It was titled 'Possible Midlands Storm Chase' but was changed this morning by a member of the site team.....Anyhoos, I've said my bit, and I'll bow out...I still haven't found my happy pills...lol

Here you go aj .......

post-10773-0-52449800-1336587742_thumb.j

...I only like the orange ones anyway blum.gif

Posted

I'd agree with this area going by current charts, but as you say it could still change.

Does anyone know what direction any potential storms would be moving tomorrow? Only if its west to east then you would ideally want to be ahead of initiation not behind it (assuming initiation is Lincs/Humber).

Posted

ukasf have a "none" risk for tomorrow cray.gif

Posted

Friggin' hell, they've painted over almost the entire UK with an "EXTRMLY SVR" warning!! You know something we don't Luke/Dan?

laugh.png

All i get when i try finding UKASF is ;

Welcome to the United Kingdom Airsoft Sports Federation

Am I missing something :p

BTW - totally agree with your "locations" for tomorrow storms, no doubt i'll have the CAPE and LI, but knowing my luck they'll be a blooming big cap over my head..

Lewis

Posted

Friggin' hell, they've painted over almost the entire UK with an "EXTRMLY SVR" warning!! You know something we don't Luke/Dan?

laugh.png

As Firefox says when it reopens after crashing... "Well, this is embarrassing". doh.gif

I have no idea why Luke fancied drawing loads of rectangles of all manner of colours across the country. Maybe he felt creative haha.

Rest assured no forecast for tomorrow has been published yet, am in the processing of digesting as many charts as possible.unsure.png

Posted

Well if there is nothing after I have just taken a days holiday then there will be more than a cap over my head, probably a mallet or similar :D.

www.ukasf.co.uk - i am hoping the system has crashed as the "none" forecast is rather disconcerting. For some reason I can never see the map when I click on the forecast - not sure what that is all about!

In all honesty though, I am concerned about there being a cap as the met office do not show any noteable precipitation over the areas that GFS/lightning wizard have the best parameters for.

Staplehurst, thank you - i can re-swallow my heart back into my chest now.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

just lost last post ,so i will keep this short , tomorrow could surprise many its a fast flowing event so i think its a case of look at tomorrows charts etc , hope tomorrow brings something for those who missed out last week . drinks.gif

Posted

I was just wondering if anyone here watched natures fury last night, I'm about to watch it on record now! Was it a repeat of the old ones, and how great would it be if we had that here tommorow.... Well we all have dreams!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Is it me or are southern areas not really going to get a soaking tonight, the radar looks pretty petty right now.