Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Correlation Between Sunshine & Waking Up Early?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Usually I find myself waking up around 11-ish, but with this constant sunshine, even with the blinds closed fully meaning it's dark in my room, I'm waking up at around 9am. I think it's great.

Do you find yourself waking up a couple of hours earlier than you normally would when the weather is forecast to be nice?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

11ish!! lol.

Back in the working world some of us have to get up at 6am every day blum.gif

I have woken up early the last few nights, I usually sleep straight through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Absolutely! My house is bathed in sunlight from about 7-7:30am at this time of year making getting up for work no longer an alarm clock job.

Weekend lie ins are not easy to the point I don't bother now. Means I'm getting plenty of time to do stuff plus not throw sleep patterns too far out to the working week.

Contrast this to winter when the snooze button & much groaning are the result!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye. I always wake up earlier when summer arrives. It could be simply too hot to sleep?

Posted

Much easier to get up when the sun's out as well! The light just gives you more energy I think. I'm quite happily getting up at around 6 at the moment, even if I go to bed around midnight.

Posted

Can't say I enjoy the lack of astrophotography opportunities, however it's nice to wake up early in the day say 5-8am and the sun is already up and knowing a full day of hiking the moors is in order.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I have blackout curtains at home because the sun rises very early in the Highlands (starts about 3:30 or so in June!)

As a result, it the summer doesn't have that great an affect on me but if I was to sleep elsewhere then I would wake up very early.

Posted

Aye. I always wake up earlier when summer arrives. It could be simply too hot to sleep?

Was quite cool last night, we got down to 11.6C, so wouldn't of thought it was too hot.

Posted

I don't usually sleep until around 3am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

yeah get a job you lazy gitacute.gif

Posted

I always thought sunshine made a difference, but, for example, on Sunday it was grey and overcast but I was still wide awake and up at 6.30am (didn't realise how early it was, tbh). And even in winter I can't stay in bed much later than 8am. But then, I am old and decrepit :D

Normally up around 6am in the week this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I haven't really noticed any change in my sleeping pattern. I'm up at 6.30am every day anyway and now and again on warmer mornings I may wake up an hour earlier.

I do find I feel more energetic and 'raring to go' in the mornings though with light mornings! On dark mornings I just want to crawl back to sleep. lazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

I wake up from 10-12 normally, or earlier if I have lectures in the morning. Sun doesn't make a difference!

Posted

I'm amazed that some people are capable of sleeping in so long. I suppose 25 years ago I may have stayed in bed till 9am at weekends (but then, I was often up till 2am or 3am) but don't think ever in my life have I normally stayed in bed later than that! Apart from anything else, pubs were open again at 11am .....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

I'm amazed that some people are capable of sleeping in so long. I suppose 25 years ago I may have stayed in bed till 9am at weekends (but then, I was often up till 2am or 3am) but don't think ever in my life have I normally stayed in bed later than that! Apart from anything else, pubs were open again at 11am .....

It's more down to my routine than anything and how late I go to bed.. also maybe because I'm younger my body might just be different! But I never feel quite right the next day unless I've got about 8 hours sleep.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Not being a lazy slob and realising the best part of the day is early doors I get up 05:30 Monday to Friday 06:30 Saturday and 07:30 Sunday. However I moved over to black out curtains as the changing daylight does disturb my sleep.

One of the side effects of Alziehmers My mother has was that she responding to daylight so she got up as soon as the sun got up and went to bed with the sun. So I suffered from a lack of sleep at times especially if she decided if she wanted to leave home for home.

Posted

which is why the clocks don't need to go to CET as people in this country are earlybirds, i would never get up at 5 30 in the morning, getting up at 8am feels early enough for me,

in spain they play football and eat at 11pm at night sometimes, im sure if we had a climate like there's people would do things later in the day rather than first thing at dawn. but here people go home in the evenings and just want to go to bed at like 9 or 10 pm

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

yeah get a job you lazy gitacute.gif

It's in the pipeline! :rofl:

It's hard to get a part time job right now, as I have college too, but the co-op should take me on next month. :)

Posted

You have to be careful not to go to bed too late at this time of year or you may find it hard to fall asleep, as it starts to get light very quickly.

Posted

You have to be careful not to go to bed too late at this time of year or you may find it hard to fall asleep, as it starts to get light very quickly.

Sunrise is 4:45 by Friday I think. :o

Posted

Sleep pattern? What's one of those,then? I work all hours under the sun (and moon) and don't know where the hell I am half the time. Example: Just finished work and had my main meal of the day. I't's 00.03. Bed at around 03.00. Up at 06.00 to get kid ready for school etc. Another light meal/breakfast then back to sleep til 13.00. Next week will be totally different (nights). Basically, I avoid sun at all costs,whatever shift I may be on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Why do people always look down on people for getting up late.....In my line of work I start at 12.15pm and work 10 hours through until 10.15pm. Just stating that not everyone works 9-5. I tend to go to sleep at 3ish and get up at 11 too but I don't see anything wrong with that when I work the hours I do?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yep we all have different sleeps patterns depending on our work.

When I was a student with a less regular pattern then 11am lie ins were somewhat more frequent.

These days I'm pretty much awake Mon-Fri 0730-2330; Sat 0900-0130; Sun 1000-0000. Weekends very much vary with which night I go out drinking and how long that goes on for...

With getting almost all our sun in the mornings lie ins are hard. Today especially so with the rare chance to have the skylight open all night (that has the black blind on it) there was orange sunlight streaming in before 0600. Looked lovely!

Glad of it though - would much rather have my bedroom facing east to get you up than west thus not being bright in mornings plus overheating on summer evenings. Just wish we got *any* evening sun in our place :(