Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How Does The Hot Weather Affect You?

Posted

Well I almost get angry when I'm walking in heavy rain, strong winds and a biting chill. It gets me really frustrated as It feel horrible.

When I'm with friends and we are subject to the same weather I hear loads of complaining, girls especially moan about it.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

Simon Kelner: We're simply not made for this bothersome weather

Give me a crisp autumn day, or even a cold winter

one, rather than the sweat-inducing, stifling heat we are experiencing at the moment.

This quote from Simon Kelner sums up my reaction to warm/hot weather perfectly.

Posted

I think it affects us in different ways depending on what we are doing. The last week has been hell for me at work as i have a physical outdoor job. Working in relentless sun with little/no shade for 5 hours a day, during the hottest part of the day, Monday thru Saturday is not fun one bit, in fact is was pretty brutal. By Sunday i was completely shattered and frazzled! I don't like this kind of heat, it makes you feel lethargic, makes you sweat and is just generally unpleasant.

However, on the flip side, if i wasn't working in it i would have found the recent weather very pleasant. Perfect beer garden/BBQ weather. This kind of warmth is completely ideal as long as your not doing any physical activities in it for any lenghthy period of time. I haven't had any real difficulty sleeping in it either.

To summarise, completely activity dependent - far too hot to work in, perfect to relax in and probably too cool if anything for "holiday" weather ie swimming in pool/sea, sitting outside throughout the night etc etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

It was my first day back in the office since the warm spell started over a week ago and to be honest it was quite unpleasant with the air really stuffy and warm. And it hasnt actually been that warm here.

However i dont let that get to me as i believe Summer is all about the opportunities it offers to get outdoors and enjoy the warmth and extra daylight. A cloudy day at 10c might be ideal for a day in the office but it would be rubbish for a day out on the beach or a cycle ride.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

I'd be quite happy if the shade temperature never exceeded 22°C. That would be more than enough to feel comfortably warm in the sun. The problem with the UK is that hot spells almost inevitably turn humid and sticky and that is my least favourite type of weather. Guess thats why I prefer winter as a season.

Edited by mcweather

Posted

I certainly feel better when there is more sun. I like to think I'm a relatively intelligent person, and I work with people who have depression and anxiety - but I know I am affected by the weather. In long periods of dark, cloudy and cool days I have to work hard to fend off mild depression, particularly in the summer. When it is warm, close and sunny I definitely improve in mood. I become more positive and bouncy in heat waves, while others find it oppressive and become upset and grumpy!