Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk General Convective Discussion & Forecasts, 28th August 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Just had thunder. Lightning and a hailstorm that was very fierce...never seen one like it! In Sherborne, dorset btw!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

Been eyeing up an approaching anvil on the way home (two in one day, what a rarity!) - not far away now and that lightning over Gwynedd is heading my way too! We'll see what happens.

Posted

Wierd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - nothing on radar - but heavy heavy hail and rain shower - ony explanation - developed very quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - crikey golf ball sized hail now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Very wet 24 hrs, got woken up a few times during the night from the intense rainfall and its been another day of heavy persistent and at times torrential showers, not good for business! The water table really is running at the maximum with a respite badly needed .

Posted

Cant believe that we havr bern lucky to get a superb 4 thunderstorms in 24 hrs truly amazing... And whilst at work today the car alarms were going buts.. and it looks like another on the way. Best year for storms ever. Where into double digits clearly..

Posted

Just had thunder. Lightning and a hailstorm that was very fierce...never seen one like it! In Sherborne, dorset btw!

The sky to the S at sunset was a carbon copy of the sky to the N/NW at sunrise, so I was treated today to sunlight reflecting off

CBs at both ends of the day!

Nothing thundery or even heavy came over Warminster, however we caught the edge of what I assume was a trough this afternoon

and it rained for the best part of an hour - that's 3 afternoons in a row which have brought a trough/front between 15.00-18.00!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Loud crack of Thunder at 5am Wednesday morning, with some heavy hail showers early morning.

Posted

Unless the lightning detector is playing up there is a good storm in progress around NW Wales and then another little one just developed in the East Mids, close to Market Harborough in Leicestershire.

I had a good look at that one as I was driving down towards Nottingham last night. Looked quite excellent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Seem to be getting plenty of little but intense showers off bristol channel ,had an intense one at 8.30 this morning . anyhow NADINES naughty child is leaving the cradle and looks like causing more problems flood wise . as iv said before [blame it on the parents ]some very impressive sun lit clouds this morning ,almost like a lake effect situation this morning ,shame its not later in the season .catch up later .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

Plenty going on in the Irish Sea as that intense rain band looks very convective - interestingly for me there is some activity heading into NW Wales which could potentially keep going and reach me. After yesterday I think it is perhaps likely to be swallowed up by Snowdonia or just not amount to that much, but perhaps not...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Just had a right treat from that system over here!! Really intense hail up to 15mm diameter!! Plenty of lightning up close aswell. Got a beauty on film, although, can someone subscribed give me a lightning map for the day so I can include it in my video?! Please!! :D

Posted

Pretty active trough feature passing over Cumbria atm, had 4 rumbles of thunder in the last 15 mins. smile.png

ATD not picking anything up?? Shot gun thunder here !!!

Edited by Liam J

Posted

been thunder and lightning ere

anyone know if there anymore to come ?

Due to the time of day, its 50/50.. there are a few potent showers heading inland soon with some hail so its hit and miss I would say. You possibly will!

Posted

Due to the time of day, its 50/50.. there are a few potent showers heading inland soon with some hail so its hit and miss I would say. You possibly will!

i hope so was quite loud and good flashes

Posted

i hope so was quite loud and good flashes

Good good! I had a nice treat here before when the whole thing passed over!! Some great video, must upload tomorrow! Although I need lightning maps for today to complete the video :(

Posted
post-9615-0-39770600-1349386631_thumb.jp Hailstones put down in the last half an hour, that was a bit of excitement :D

Posted

I think the ATD is having trouble, the thunder and lightening was intense!! WOW

Posted

post-9615-0-39770600-1349386631_thumb.jp Hailstones put down in the last half an hour, that was a bit of excitement biggrin.png

Nice one! Went stormchasing this evening and we had hail like that here. Ended up pulling over unable to drive for a minute skidding.. far to wintry! :p At least there was lightning with it!

Do you have the extra radar?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

What's the best thread to post in for the new storms? tonnes of rain and gales coming.. starting tonight(now)

Posted

Nice one! Went stormchasing this evening and we had hail like that here. Ended up pulling over unable to drive for a minute skidding.. far to wintry! blum.gif At least there was lightning with it!

Do you have the extra radar?

Well hello from just across the water! That was great stuff, that trough really did ignite!! biggrin.png

I've got the extra radar - wouldn't be without it but I'm not sure why it wasn't picking up the strikes.

What's the best thread to post in for the new storms? tonnes of rain and gales coming.. starting tonight(now)

The Atlantic storms thread, looking quite rough down south - Gusts around 55mph over exposed coastal areas and lots of the WET stuff smile.png

Edited by Liam J