Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk General Convective Discussion & Forecasts, 28th August 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Any Netweather members over in Ireland feeling the force of these beasts?

post-9615-0-22183500-1349190096_thumb.pn Some extreme weather conditions on the ground in places I expect.

Posted

IM here in N Dublin ... notin out of the ordinary yet.. some heavy rain and a bit windy . Still have hope though! smile.png

The main action around Dublin is passing to your south, the ATD is picking up some recent strikes south of Dublin.

Some big Cb's heading towards here from the SW off the Irish Sea, wind increasing again.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Nothing here in Belfast as yet. Eerily calm and dark outside though. Waiting for it to go bang later on perhaps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

some impressive very large spots of rain here on mendip ,but not enough yet to wet the ground . expecting main rain band soon ,wind picking up and sky gone very dark , looks like this system could continue to develope as it runs east , cheers drinks.gif

Posted

Whoa what the hells going on with the Meto's rainfall radar!!

post-9615-0-37559400-1349193187_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The band is hitting LINCOLNSHIRE!!! :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Gone loopy certainly not that wet. Up to 3.2mm here now.

Posted

Very heavy rain coming down here, sounds like a giant power shower outside! bouncing off the ground.

post-9615-0-10423100-1349199038_thumb.pn Latest V6 radar + air pressure

Edited by Liam J

Posted

It's chucking it down here too, but nothing remotely convective

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

A lot of heavy rain in Cheshire today but nothing electrical and it looks like that might be it for today. However the Met Office have been mentioning thundery showers in their day 1 to 5 summary, so we will see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I swear I've been hearing thunder during the last few hours, but due to my weak state of play at stupid O clock I can't be sure.

Just a load of wet rain currently now.

Posted

I have just seen a massive anvil north of Warrington on my journey to work this morning - a majestic sight especiall in the morning sun. Somebody to the east should get something good out of that I would imagine.

Posted

I have just seen a massive anvil north of Warrington on my journey to work this morning - a majestic sight especiall in the morning sun. Somebody to the east should get something good out of that I would imagine.

seen that it was north west from st Helens over southport maybe ?

Posted

I swear I've been hearing thunder during the last few hours, but due to my weak state of play at stupid O clock I can't be sure.

Just a load of wet rain currently now.

It wouldn't surprise if you had as there was a long line of CBs moving through and the temperature difference between the sea and land was ripe

for thundery developments as well as heavy showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just had a very heavy shower / hail shower.

Edit: And another..

VERY heavy... Car alarms going off and plenty of ice/hail covering everything

Edited by Lynxus

Posted

seen that it was north west from st Helens over southport maybe ?

Yes, that would be the one - it seemed to be extending west from ahead of me (I was travelling north on the M6) and it was the largest classic anvil I have seen for a long time. A real beauty of a cloud. It seemed to dissipate over Yorkshire however.

Presently a line of showers is forming along the occluded front (later becoming a trough on the Met Office fax chart) across northern England into central Ireland which could turn thundery soon. It's particularly interesting for me that according to the Met Office's charts and forecast rainfall that the 'tail' of this front/trough will travel across from Ireland and that it will rain heavily from Anglesey to West Cheshire from around 4-5pm well into the evening as this tail becomes oriented west to east. Could be interesting storm-wise, but also cause further flooding as we're utterly saturated (not that others are not of course) around here!

Edit at 4pm - we're in business, electrical activity starting up over Bangor and other locations along the rain band and elsewhere.

Edited by Chris W

Posted

just had a very hvy shower but only lasted 4 minutes ,just put the gas fire on and chicken in the oven . some good action down over english channel . Any names Yet for the second child of Nadine .the first child was KARIN how about Nadire . anyhow some large rainfall totals likely especially for southern areas,and perhaps central parts as well ,and bearing in mind what Karin gave plus showers since, all authorities must be bracing themselves . and perhaps another dose to come on top early next week .what an eventfull year so far , also looks like October could see some more Wild swings with some good cold air setting up over far northern latitudes ,iv noticed some low Dam numbers showing up later in the variouse modell runs .could keep us convective lot happy ,with sea surface temperatures still relatively high .cheers Legritter

Posted

heavy rain and hailstones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - oh and some lovely rainbows and double rainbows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Unless the lightning detector is playing up there is a good storm in progress around NW Wales and then another little one just developed in the East Mids, close to Market Harborough in Leicestershire.

Posted

i know its off topic but at 1735 whilst cloud spotting i noticed either a passenger plane with two fighter jets following it , or it was a military plane possibly Refuelling or practising Refuelling . all heading north ,i did not have my glasses on at the time but my long vision is pretty good . height was a bit hard to judge but atleast 15000 ft . any one about further north ,cheers