Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thailand - October

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hi Everyone.

I've never posted a picture on here before, so here goes - if it doesnt apear then I'll have to try again!

This is from Pattaya in Thailand, where I stayed for 2 Weeks at the start of october figuring I'd catch the monsoon season there. Ended up with 4 nights with large MCS's coming over from inland, and various daytime storms. I wouldn't massively recommend Pattaya just because it's rather dirty, and particularly sleazy with go go bars etc, but 30c heat at midnight and the constant thunderyness is unforgettable.

I need to dig tyhe rest out, but this was the sunset one night on the main beach.

post-17064-0-42177300-1352122735_thumb.j

Posted

This was typical for most days - cells hitting the tropopause about 10 am - sometimes some decent upper level winds for the tropics too

post-17064-0-84357400-1352123104_thumb.j

Posted

This CB I think was overland on the other side of the gulf - the top was lightning up every now and then as it got darker

post-17064-0-24667900-1352123497_thumb.j

Posted

Good times!

I went to Thailand end of April/early May 2010 at the hottest time of the year. Had a few thundery days and one notable downpour dumped about 75mm of rain on Koh Samui in about an hour shortly after midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Good times!

I went to Thailand end of April/early May 2010 at the hottest time of the year. Had a few thundery days and one notable downpour dumped about 75mm of rain on Koh Samui in about an hour shortly after midnight.

75mm in one hour? :o

• 3 weeks later...