Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted

It's been perfect weather for working in today, if this carries on all week there's a serious danger I may actually be ahead for a change.

Tomorrow should be similar, maybe even sunnier by the afternoon, but Thursday's likely to be a foggy and cooler day so could be quite

unpleasant on the higher ground - unless the hills are above the fog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Tomorrow should be similar, maybe even sunnier by the afternoon, but Thursday's likely to be a foggy and cooler day so could be quite

unpleasant on the higher ground - unless the hills are above the fog.

Goodo. Not bothered about Thursday, polling duty for me so stuck inside all day waiting for the occasional voter to turn up. I'd be deeply grateful though if Friday was dry too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another mild but cloudy start to the day.

Am hopeful with a bit of luck, the clearer air from the continent might make it as far north as me today, brining that shiny yellow thing in the sky with it.

Posted

Another mild but cloudy start to the day.

Am hopeful with a bit of luck, the clearer air from the continent might make it as far north as me today, brining that shiny yellow thing in the sky with it.

I expect you have the sun now AWD?

A remarkable clearance since around 11.30! And amazing to watch the clear sky race N/NW on the Satellite images.

Posted

I expect you have the sun now AWD?

A remarkable clearance since around 11.30! And amazing to watch the clear sky race N/NW on the Satellite images.

Was just about to post actually.

The sun is breaking up the cloud nicely now. Feeling pleasant too, with prolonged sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sunny, currently 9.9c with 10.6c achieved at midnight, it is a strange sort of day. Can we expect a nice clear frosty evening and nighttime now, I wonder?

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Sunny, currently 9.9c with 10.6c achieved at midnight, it is a strange sort of day. Can we expect a nice clear frosty evening and nighttime now, I wonder?

Think tonight is going to be a mild, double figures type of night, as low cloud and fog form, thick fog locally by dawn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Turning into a nice afternoon now, got clear blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Clear here with sunshine and blue skies.12c.

Posted

Think tonight is going to be a mild, double figures type of night, as low cloud and fog form, thick fog locally by dawn.

Not so sure about that, despite continued sunshine the temperature has dropped into single figures now and at 9.9c is almost down to

the min from overnight which was 9.8c!

It won't get foggy for at least a few hours after sunset so it could get quite chilly if not cold before the fog forms and stops it falling any

further.

Posted

Not so sure about that, despite continued sunshine the temperature has dropped into single figures now and at 9.9c is almost down to

the min from overnight which was 9.8c!

It won't get foggy for at least a few hours after sunset so it could get quite chilly if not cold before the fog forms and stops it falling any

further.

Yes, you might be right there. More rural areas look like getting down into single figures, although not low enough for a frost IMO.

Urban areas probably not getting much lower than 10c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a glorious day it's been - more of the same please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes lovely day and quite mild too although falling away quite readily now so expecting a light frost 5.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

If anyone is looking for cold type synoptics this bloke is upping the anti.

http://willcooperweather.weebly.com/long-range-forecasts.html smiliz19.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I must say what a lovely day Wednesday was here in Falmouth. Sunshine for much of the day and it felt very mild, actually warm in the sun with only a gentle breeze! Sat outside at lunchtime and only needed a thin jacket over the t shirt. :D Best day in a long time here. Felt very weird considering its mid november!

Posted

Watch out guys!!

Drivers warned of 'pea soup' fog in Gloucestershire

Motorists have been warned to drive carefully this morning after a blanket of thick fog descended over Gloucestershire. Visibility is poor for people driving to work in the county - and in higher areas has been reduced to several metres. Minchinhampton Common has been closed following an accident this morning. Met Office weather experts said there would be extensive fog throughout the county today, with a few sunny intervals later on.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Drivers-warned-pea-soup-fog-Gloucestershire/story-17327290-detail/story.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Not too bad by us, a little foggy as I left the house but by the time I had driven the couple of miles to the M5 it was lifting and the motorway itself was clear all the way down until just outside Bristol when it went a bit misty again.

Posted

Visibility has been OK since dawn here, patchy fog here & there but nothing too bad. It's all lifted into low cloud now anyway.

Drizzly but relatively mildish.

Edited by AWD

Posted

Real November day today!

I must say what a lovely day Wednesday was here in Falmouth. Sunshine for much of the day and it felt very mild, actually warm in the sun with only a gentle breeze! Sat outside at lunchtime and only needed a thin jacket over the t shirt. biggrin.png Best day in a long time here. Felt very weird considering its mid november!

Probably the best day since Tuesday 30th October when my wife and I caught the sun at Mullion Cove!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Real November day today!

Probably the best day since Tuesday 30th October when my wife and I caught the sun at Mullion Cove!

Blimey, is this you? blum.gif

sun02040408_428x269_to_468x312.jpg

The sun is undoubtedly stronger down there but don't be fooled, the Southwest still has its fair share of differing weather types. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Getting rather nippy out there now. Typical late autumn night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

A link on a youtube of the snow from the 4th November if anyone hasn't seen it.. I will also post part 2... Pre-Winter warm up