Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 4th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Yeh tease.gif Do we think it will pep up?

There's an area of VORT MAX coming down with the PPN, I'd expect it to pep up a little just to the North of London

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm not sure the stuff over Devon will reach us, we want to look further North

post-7073-0-75004900-1354662006_thumb.pn

I would be looking West and North personally. Either way, there is a bigger chance now than I thought previously, here's to a fairly small-sized widespread covering come morning. drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Bed beckons.

Be aware, my post is more of a IMBY type post if considering the stuff out West.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

All that stuff over the midlands now falling as snow clapping.gif

Really? The pinks are increasing but there is still an awful lot of green in there!

post-5283-0-33901500-1354662471_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

My weather station is reading -1.4 , anyone know what the dew point is please ?

Your thermometer must be broken, -1.4!? :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Your thermometer must be broken, -1.4!? ohmy.png

DP might be right ohmy.png

Posted

My shed is now telling me it is 0.7C out there, plenty of Frost on cars etc

Posted

i don't think the ppn from the North will amount to much, the PPN moving eastwards looks like it could deliver a few flakes to our region...

The precips in the North will build over time, the precips in the west meanwhile are slipping south eastwards and unlikely to affect your region.

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

keeping my eye on raintoday to see what's occuring, looks like coming in from northwest, some heavy ppn over derby/leicester area. Could be heading our way. temp -1 here at the mo, would assume it to fall as snow/sleet :) fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The precips in the North will build over time, the precips in the west meanwhile are slipping south eastwards and unlikely to affect your region.

Just wondering guys, what will make the rain/snow band increase in intensity. Just very curious. Thanks in advance.

Posted

I may have to wait till the morning to see if it "did" snow, rather than wait up for it, as I have to be up early(ish), but I can hang on a while...

Posted

keeping my eye on raintoday to see what's occuring, looks like coming in from northwest, some heavy ppn over derby/leicester area. Could be heading our way. temp -1 here at the mo, would assume it to fall as snow/sleet :) fingers crossed

also keeping an eye on this. Is currently falling as sleet/snow over the midlands so can only imagine it would do the same if it got as far as us and maintained its strength. Seems to be heading my direction.

Time for sleep, set the clock nice and early to see what's going on, fingers crossed for some snow :).

Posted

Met Office going for light snow in Rochester, now, for 9am. In general, however, I think that this one will be for those with local features condusive to nudging sleet into snow. ie higher ground, in lee of a body of water etc etc; this seems to me to be a decaying front event - I think it started out in Scotland as a cold front, and will end up over the South almost completely occluded. There is no sign of any convection in the forecast. The only rational explanation for the "upgrade" from the MetO is that the front might just hang on a little more than first thought. I wouldn't keep ones hopes up, though - the forecast for your area is the same for the forecast of the area fifty miles N/NW of you 12 hours ago.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

12120506_2_0418.gif

This is the 850/1000hpa Thickness for just about the right time..

Posted

Just wondering guys, what will make the rain/snow band increase in intensity. Just very curious. Thanks in advance.

It's not so much an increase in intensity, it's more an increase in precipitation. Cold air aloft will interact with another warmer air mass in the west associated with the rain in the West Country, once they clash which they are doing at the moment then anything can happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's not so much an increase in intensity, it's more an increase in precipitation. Cold air aloft will interact with another warmer air mass in the west associated with the rain in the West Country, once they clash which they are doing at the moment then anything can happen.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for reply P.S.