Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 4th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Fantastic output tonight for cold weather in the longer term tonight!

Good luck to everyone in the morning, hopefully we can all get our first snow of winter!

See you all tomorrow evening. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Going to stevenage on thursday to do a bit of xmas shopping as I'm only 9 miles away!

Posted

Oh God, hubby has started already... "No chance of snow, everywhere else will get it, look, look, see.." as he points at the BBC graphics! May I have permission to kill him please!

Aaaaaand, for those of you who remember, we moved Feb this year (it snowed THAT day!) but I have just realised there are no viewable lamposts from either our bedroom or the lounge!!! aaarrrgggghhh!! My old house had a lampost right outside the bedroom window!! Need a new solution... what do other people do? Torches? Bonfire? Walk to the nearest lampost?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Oh God, hubby has started already... "No chance of snow, everywhere else will get it, look, look, see.." as he points at the BBC graphics! May I have permission to kill him please!

Aaaaaand, for those of you who remember, we moved Feb this year (it snowed THAT day!) but I have just realised there are no viewable lamposts from either our bedroom or the lounge!!! aaarrrgggghhh!! My old house had a lampost right outside the bedroom window!! Need a new solution... what do other people do? Torches? Bonfire? Walk to the nearest lampost?

Find the nearest 24 hours DIY store and buy an outside light................quick!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Anyone know if that precipitation coming down from the North will pep up a little....or are we looking at sporadic wintry showers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Thankfully they still keep them on in Hatfield. They used to do the same in Borehamwood.....

anyway, its looking like we might see something very early. Im up at 5:30 every morning so looking forward to catching some.

will be up about 6.30 so hoping for the same and drive down a1m past hatfield right down to Radlett so if none here in the morning I am hoping to catch a glimpse of some on the way to work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters,Cool summers

Symonds Green area.. Between Fairview and Gunnels Wood.. So thats 3 of us very close then

I work on Gunnels wood road! Not looking forward to the commute in the morning if it does decide to snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

I work on Gunnels wood road! Not looking forward to the commute in the morning if it does decide to snow!

its a small world!! I will be communting out of here in the morning. Its mad enough on a snow free day so could be chaotic round here. Where do you work then? My son works on it too at Fujitsu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Ice for London & South East England :

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Greater London, Slough, Surrey, Kent, Medway, Windsor and Maidenhead, Bracknell Forest, Reading, Wokingham, West Berkshire, East Sussex, West Sussex & Hampshire

Yellow Warning of Ice for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Peterborough, Suffolk, Essex, Luton, Southend-on-Sea & Thurrock

Valid from: 1600 on Tue 4 Dec 2012

Valid to: 1200 on Wed 5 Dec 2012

Outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow will be clearing southwards on Tuesday night and early Wednesday, leaving surfaces wet and prone to freezing as skies clear and temperatures fall. There is also likely to be a slight covering of snow in places. The public should be aware of the risk of difficult driving conditions.

Issued at: 2219 on Tue 4 Dec 2012

http://www.metoffice...Time=1354536060

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Wow, my snow chance for tomorrow just dropped to 21%!!!! sad.png

Your only 24 miles up from me so if you don't get it then we won't either.

Posted

Wow, my snow chance for tomorrow just dropped to 21%!!!! :(

i would ignore these percentage things. This is all going to be done to now casting, I think we have a reasonable chance of something wintry tonight/tomorrow, 50:50 I'd say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

That stuff over devon..It is not ment to be moving east is it...Its getting it's act together too!

I'm not sure the stuff over Devon will reach us, we want to look further North

post-7073-0-75004900-1354662006_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Thankfully they still keep them on in Hatfield. They used to do the same in Borehamwood.....

I was born in WGC and first lived in London Colney (as a wee babe) before family moved a bit further north (not too far), and I remember as a child the lights all went off at midnight on timers in LC. (Was back in BW last weekend too good.gif )

Edited by Jax

Posted

The precipitation over the Nottingham/derby area I had expected to die out, but instead it's grown and strengthened in the last hour, good sign perhaps as its moving this way I think.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

post-11316-0-55580600-1321454982_thumb.j

post-11316-0-88075500-1354662098_thumb.ppost-11316-0-88075500-1354662098_thumb.p

will be up about 6.30 so hoping for the same and drive down a1m past hatfield right down to Radlett so if none here in the morning I am hoping to catch a glimpse of some on the way to work

TBH hope its not too bad as got to do my usual drive to Stanmore to get the tube into town...."sorry no tubes as there is a flake of snow on the track"