South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 5th 2012>

Coast

Posted

18z model update for the morning:

GFS: A little snow in a few areas north of London in the morning:

http://91.121.16.5/modeles_gfs/runs/2012120618/12-574.GIF?06-18

http://91.121.16.5/modeles_gfs/runs/2012120618/15-574.GIF?06-18

NAE: Some snow over parts of East Anglia:

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2012/12/06/basis18/ukuk/prty/12120712_0618.gif

This is just the models view, I wouldn't be suprised if a few other areas that have not been mentioned did see a brief period of sleet or snow in the morning.

Shocking how encompasing is london now? I bet in twenty years ramsgate is a suburb ( ie unending building between medway and ramsgate) . Watched a property programme other day, they said tankerton was a suburb of whitstable! Haha..... :)

Edited by willinkent44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I wonder if the pub run has been drinking Tennants Super or Bavaria regular tonight?

spm_a2585.jpg

or

non-alcoholic-apple-lager.jpg

I daren't look but whatever happens, the trend is set. drinks.gif

Anyway, I promise not to post garbage from now on and I'll await JPs Fax charts and ramp charts with interest. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Getting quite excited for next week now, still a little early to be sure but next week does look promising.smile.png

Posted

2 MASSIVE RUMBLES OF THUNDER!!!!! clapping.gif

This is proper Winter Weather rofl.gif An unstable North Westerly delivering good convection at night inland.

Call me mad but I love these kind of wild nights!

Posted

Finally got a reply from my old friend who works for ground staff at Stanstead Airport, I have actually texted him 3 times since Monday saying

"I've heard there's snow coming, have you guys been informed"

and he literally just replied now.. I've copied and paste a part of his tex that may interest you all:

Hi mate, yes we had a meeting with ops! Cold weather high alert next wk. Lgv/hgv drivers on standby runway clearance 4 snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Temp now 4.4C :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather

Moderate sleet for the past hour.

Certainly less cold tonight, with temperature's hovering a couple of degrees above freezing........ although I expect the temperature to drop away after midnight to freezing point again.

All eyes on the radar for tomorrow morning 04:00 - 09:00.

Gusty winds in the coming few hours too....... 50 mph likely inland imho, with 60 mph in your normal prone exposed locations.

Over n out for now from SW Suffolk.

FPS

Edited by Fujita Pearson Scale

And youve got thorpe park! Im moving too..... Hehe i am moving but not sure where yet..... Somerset or derbyshire?

HAHA!! Thanks peeps..Just to add to that I think I just head a faint rumble..But I am very lucky to live where I live, I could lay in my road and not get run over it's that quite, but that pesty M25 on a North wind it's very quite though :D..My Dad lives on a very high hill in "Royal Berkshire" and when it snows..It is always a good 2-5CM deeper at his lol!

Posted

I wonder if the pub run has been drinking Tennants Super or Bavaria regular tonight?

spm_a2585.jpg

or

non-alcoholic-apple-lager.jpg

I daren't look but whatever happens, the trend is set. drinks.gif

Anyway, I promise not to post garbage from now on and I'll await JPs Fax charts and ramp charts with interest. good.gif

i think it needs to listen to this song

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x258ed_pet-shop-boys-go-west_music

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather

This is proper Winter Weather rofl.gif An unstable North Westerly delivering good convection at night inland.

Call me mad but I love these kind of wild nights!

LOL......

Me too mate, should be pretty wild in the next couple of hours.

Lets hope we get some flashes and bangs, with the odd tube thrown in for good measure!! WWHhhhhhoooossssshhhhhhhhshok.gifrofl.gif

Mammatus (Gavin) FPS

Edited by Fujita Pearson Scale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Toys being thrown again in the model thread. Stay clear of it 😷

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

I want to go on the trip to the USA TBH!!

Haha, you will never view our 'storms' in the same way again. That's Paul's Fault :-) Do it if you get the chance one day, it's brilliant.

Posted

HAHA!! Thanks peeps..Just to add to that I think I just head a faint rumble..But I am very lucky to live where I live, I could lay in my road and not get run over it's that quite, but that pesty M25 on a North wind it's very quite though :D..My Dad lives on a very high hill in "Royal Berkshire" and when it snows..It is always a good 2-5CM deeper at his lol!

Royal wave to ye! ;) ive lived here for 8 yrs and think my best option is derbyshire..... High up, ie lots o snee..... Plus looking to run a posh food van for festivals ie glasto etc.... And to live sonewhere guaranteed snee.....