Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Mayhem - Moan, Ramp, Go Nuts

Paul

Posted

They're all bettter .......... for now (now that the latest ECM output is showing them what they want to see). :)

Posted

They're all bettter .......... for now (now that the latest ECM output is showing them what they want to see). smile.png

Have a look again, not really..... To a degree it is somewhat understandable after the fiasco back in December but still..

Edited by Anonymous21

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c the ecmf and the gfs18z sent their pece keeping troops in over into the mdt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Please can someone send me directions to Fantasy Island, They seem to have some good snowy weather there

Posted

Please can someone send me directions to Fantasy Island, They seem to have some good snowy weather there

here as asked could be fun later in fantasy world will be digging out!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

here as asked could be fun later in fantasy world will be digging out!!

Saw that earlier when looking on the 06z and thought then that if that came to be then no one will be going anywhere, other than that the sledge and ski shop rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

What is this SSW all the clever weather fans are talking about?

Sudden Stratosphere Warming, can't remember the exact definition but when the stratosphere warms up it causes the polar vortex winds to rotate the other way and then have an effect on the weather......or something like that

Posted

The MOD thread has gone into freefall due to the models output tonight...ill stay in here untill all has calmed downsmiliz39.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

trouble is people expecting too much, looks okay from wednesday, okay meaning not a repeat of 14 Dec to 02 Jan stuff, its 2013 now not the pre 90's, just think of it as a bonus its not low after low gales and rain

Posted

well country file saying all eyes on next week end !!!

Posted

well country file saying all eyes on next week end !!!

Maybe the MetO's MOGREPs model has picked up on something more certain!

Posted

Looks like a Northerly is more likely than an Easterly judging by latest posts in the house of fun. Not what us Southerners want to hear.

Posted

Could i just say after the reading this morning and this afternoon why WHY do you ramp up a cold spell only to crush us all at the

LAst minite some of us are still learning and i know not to take every run at gopel but you must make yourseveles more clear..l this may happen but also it prob wont

One reason that happens especially in regards winter cold synoptics is because anyone who pops their head over the parapet and says hang on a minute, here are some ways for things to go wrong is shot down in flames for not being upbeat enough, we saw that at lunch time today, frankly this thread has always been that way, The way out is for more calm analysis and less emotion attached to both analysis and reaction to other members analysis, unfortunately there is fat chance of that happening, at least if the last few years are anything to go by, it appears that a substantial number of members prefer model analysis with added emotion, aggravation and agitation and I guess no one can stop them behaving like squabbling five year olds if they want to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Although a Northerly perhaps wouldn't be the best setup for cold and snow for areas further South, disburbances in the flow with cold enough uppers being wrapped around systems from the North could provide wider areas of wintry weather to all parts of the UK. There is also that possibility of winds veering East or West of North at times, which could help drag any wintry showers around coastal areas further inland.

I also kinda agree with the poster above. Some emotion or banter to the model thread is okay (and can make the topic more interesting to read) as longs it's not over the top, or with people insulting other members. No matter whether someone is doing a post geared towards whether a colder, or even milder setup, could happen, everyone has a right to an opinion. No one should be beaten up for it. I mean, I can understand the annoyances model watching can bring and it is easy to get a little too carried away with what synoptics they show at times, especially when they show what we're after. I remember how excited I got when I saw that stunning ECMWF chart back in December (lol).

I think with the GFS 18Z starting to come out, going to try hard to keep my kitchen sink in the pram - no matter how tempting it could be to toss it out. Kitchen sinks should only ever be tossed out if a snowy Easterly fails within six hours before it's meant to come off. ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow of course

Sudden Stratosphere Warming, can't remember the exact definition but when the stratosphere warms up it causes the polar vortex winds to rotate the other way and then have an effect on the weather......or something like that

Thanks for that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

@snowpro take alook at the strat thread all the infoe is there, i think u will get a better understanding there i over the last year or 2 learned alot from the likes of chio, j.h, gp and many others. Lets hope the outputs change for the better from 0z onward i suppose it wasn't too bad tonight.

Posted

This is getting boring waiting for some consistency !! I honestly have a gut feeling this is all going to crash around us!! Will this cold ever reach our shores properly!! That's the uk and Ireland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,storms

Im thinking along the lines of very cold snowy weather just around the corner say in 10 days time...can't find nothing for sure (like everyone else) to back this up.....lets get europe into the freezer first...I for one believe were gonna get what we want in the uk soon....SNOW!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Whether the weather be hot

Or whether the weather be not.

We'll weather the weather

Whatever the weather

Unless it's a modelled easterly that doesn't arrive and then we'll go flamin' nuts!

Posted

Oh dear I sense a December meltdown on the cards again! Doom and gloom to come for most! #hopenot

Posted

7 degrees on Saturday in Cambridge according to the evening BBC weather? I thought the models were saying it's gonna get ccooold! sad.png

post-15539-0-33223000-1357585255_thumb.j

A southerly? shes off her nut. Bin it

Posted

Will it, wont it. Ive stroked a goose for good luck and am gambling that it will get really cold next week. The same chance as the models at the moment and geese are lucky :)