Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Mayhem - Moan, Ramp, Go Nuts

Paul

Posted

OMFG please please please GFS verify, hallelujah brothers and sisters, come on god dam it mo fo's thats have a good dumping of snow.

Phew, feel better for that good.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

My wife works for the NHS and the cold weather alert has been issued!

Not long now until Britain grinds to a halt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Watching bbc weather it's like the northern half of the uk doesn't exist !!! All south this south that !!! That's my moan

Fully agree its always the same south, south, south, blah, blah, blah there is a world North of Birmingham have a feeling it will be the north (NE England and SE Scotland) which gets the most snow but the south will get the most coverage as per normal

And before anyone says anything I'm aware the south east has a large population

*Rant over*

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Still do not like that 12Z ECM run, I think it is crap! UKM0 though fantastic, dont like the sinking high bringing in mild air, a trend that seems to have developed today,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Still do not like that 12Z ECM run, I think it is crap! UKM0 though fantastic, dont like the sinking high bringing in mild air, a trend that seems to have developed today,

Well it's not the greatest for mid-term prospects is it, but then again, it looks like it latches onto the cold towards the end and maybe would lead to a more sustained cold spell.

Tbh, I don't see the point even discussing it, it's all FI anyhow! Plus, we have piles of snow to deal with from Sunday onwards! drunk.gif

Posted

Don't worry about it, anything beyond 72 hours is FI right now, and even within 72 hours there will still be some slight adjustments.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Did anyone see BBC news channel item discussing what SSW is and it's affect, time shown 7.50, Susan Powell admitted she not expert on subject but explained that 2 out of 3 SSW events lead to cold blocking that can go on for 2 weeks or so, News presenters asking her questions about subject

Edited by cerneman

Posted

Not sure I can cope anymore in the model thread. It appears a bunch of 5 year olds have joined NW to entice members... Clearly trolls. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same person different username!

Brrrrrrrring on the snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

it is a bit silly in there isn't it Glenn, the mods have a monumental task when an event like this comes about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms, sun, anything photogenic.

No snow forecast for Bristol as usual. We had none last year, and about an inch in December 2010, despite being encircled by the stuff. I don't think the Gods like me! Great thread this. If we get more than a mm of slush I'll he surprised. Rant over. :)

Posted

Continuing discusion from the other thread did anyone manage to catch Ian Browns parting message? What did he say exactly?

Seems some people want me to be banned, so i'm off for good. have a good cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Continuing discusion from the other thread did anyone manage to catch Ian Browns parting message? What did he say exactly?

it just said goodbye really, and he said something about thinking he would get banned

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

No snow forecast for Bristol as usual. We had none last year, and about an inch in December 2010, despite being encircled by the stuff. I don't think the Gods like me! Great thread this. If we get more than a mm of slush I'll he surprised. Rant over. :)

Yep far as I'm concerned the mild air can come back in asap if all the west is going to see in this so called cold spell is rain, it may as well be mild along with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Nice to see some cold finally however from a personal perspective, quite dissapointed with the output as there is currently no high risk of snow in the next week for my area. Happy for the people in central and eastern england who will receive a good dumping on monday however for us in the west, rain looks the form horse at the moment. I dont normally use this thread but i felt like a moan tonight ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

LATEST NEWS...met office super computer struggles with model swings

post-18260-0-89763700-1357948143_thumb.j

Posted

Hopefully this is the start of a month long winter spell. Have to say the last 2 or 3 winters have been better than the previous 15 years worth put together. Still not upto the 1980s standard winters but improving!! Maybe its the start of a new era of colder winters.

Still would like to experience one more of the fantastic 80s style winters before I get too old to go down a hill on a sledge!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cold uppers moving westwards each run of the GFS so hopefully much of the west will get to see some snow this coming week :) Fingers crossed.

Posted

Just posted by Ian in the South West Thread:

Plenty of time ahead given UKMO tells us latest FORMOST forecast offers below or well below average temps thro to early Feb... this currently steers their 15d forecast opinions!

And on that bombshell, goodnight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, storms

Lol even Nina Ridge on beeb is confused just now. 'We will see some flow snurries, flow..... Snow flurries'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just posted by Ian in the South West Thread:

And on that bombshell, goodnight!

And what a bombshell, amazing stuff, there'll be plenty of ramping tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Fully agree its always the same south, south, south, blah, blah, blah there is a world North of Birmingham have a feeling it will be the north (NE England and SE Scotland) which gets the most snow but the south will get the most coverage as per normal

And before anyone says anything I'm aware the south east has a large population

*Rant over*

To be honest, it's no better on this forum!