Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 12th 2012>

Coast

Posted

You'll never regret coming to East Sussex Bb54!!

Well I know thats true in most respects Coast, I love it down there, concerned about the job situation though, very little work down that way and what there is pays poorly.....especially compared to what Ive been used to. Oh well, fingers crossed eh !!

Posted

Good afternoon all. Well Im just off to collect a gadget I treated myself to from Birthday & Christmas money.

http://www.johnlewis...89/Product.aspx

Ok so its a low budget model but Im hoping it will suffice for capturing weather events. I'll be heading down to my friends in East Sussex for a few days again tomorrow, partly to put the camcorder to the test, and partly on a job/flat hunting exercise. A move I have often considered making, but now the decision has been made for me so I can't faff about weighing up the odds any longer. unsure.png

You won't regret it. I used to be a regular visitor to the area and made the move here 5 years ago and have not regretted it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hope it all works out for you Bb54 - and the good thing is you will be perfectly located for the summer meet up on the south coast good.gif

Posted

You won't regret it. I used to be a regular visitor to the area and made the move here 5 years ago and have not regretted it.

Im sure you are right Jules. Ive got a cousin who moved to Hailsham about 10 years ago and good friends who moved to just outside Hastings 3 years ago so Ive been lucky enough to visit the area quite a bit, None of them regrets making the move from Nw London but there circumstances were a bit different to mine.

Im sure it will all work out in the end, hopefully by the time Coast hosts the Summer 2013 SE/EA regional meet up drinks.gif

Lol, you beat me to it Ali !!

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Well I know thats true in most respects Coast, I love it down there, concerned about the job situation though, very little work down that way and what there is pays poorly.....especially compared to what Ive been used to. Oh well, fingers crossed eh !!

There are places recruiting if you don't mind manual, boring work. I can give you some pointers if it works out for you (maybe?).

Ive got a cousin who moved to Hailsham about 10 years ago and good friends who moved to just outside Hastings 3 years ago

Ahhhh well, there are two places you shouldn't move to TBH !!!!! rofl.gif

(just kidding you guys in Hailsham and Hastings, I don't need a turf war!)

Posted

There are places recruiting if you don't mind manual, boring work. I can give you some pointers if it works out for you (maybe?).

Hey Coast that would be great. Ive been doing manual boring ( warehouse ) work for the last 8 years and preferred it to the 20 odd years I spent in an office. I'd consider anything that pays a reasonable living wage knowing full well I won't even get close to what Im on now ( or rather was on 'til this week ).

Posted

Hey Coast that would be great. Ive been doing manual boring ( warehouse ) work for the last 8 years and preferred it to the 20 odd years I spent in an office. I'd consider anything that pays a reasonable living wage knowing full well I won't even get close to what Im on now ( or rather was on 'til this week ).

PM sent :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

(just kidding you guys in Hailsham and Hastings, I don't need a turf war!)

My money is on the black shirted Eastbourne folk.

eastbourne_compton_style_t_shirt-r5cba0a589e05429bb054f4b66dea23e6_va6lr_216.jpg

Or maybe you need a Turf Accountant.

10885812.jpg

Has it finally stopped raining in Eastbourne, Coast?

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

My money is on the black shirted Eastbourne folk.

It's not them you have to worry about, it's the hat wearing, stick wielding, thug OAP's :ph34r:

1178209.jpg

Has it finally stopped raining in Eastbourne, Coast?

For 10 minutes! :doh:

Posted

there is allways an ongoing joke about hastings but this is kind of a reason why, the local 'celebs'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZVxfEZGdIo

then you have eastbourne the 'gods waiting room' of the uk, maybe get a job for when god has seen them?rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Finally give up pretending I understand the model thread. Please some one explained whats going on now.

Confused.......... com

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Finally give up pretending I understand the model thread. Please some one explained whats going on now.

Confused.......... com

Hope this helps......

post-10773-0-49681000-1355762691_thumb.j

angel.gif

Posted

OK, as I understand it:

We have weather and it happens as it wants if you predict/forecast it correctly or not. Now weather isn't influenced by models, it's actually the other way around so when we say we see something happening in the future in a particular model/chart/data stream/forecast, we are actually saying it might come out like that, or it just might not. As you get closer to the time when weather is going to arrive, you get more things to help you make a decision, until the weather actually does happen, just over your head (this is then known as 100% certainty and is foolproof).

Now unlike a lottery, you can improve how good your foresight is by learning a bit of science - I've only understood an ickle bit of the science so I mostly just guess. My guesses are sometimes right and sometimes not, but the main thing is I don't throw lots of toys out of lots of prams when the weather I guessed, or the weather I wanted, didn't turn up.

pram.jpg

Some people know a lot of science and get it right more often than not, but I'm dim so I stick with guesses and try to avoid disappointment.

So read all the guesses and the clever science, study the good arguments and the nice pictures, but when you've done that; expect the least, hope for something you want and don't be upset if none of it turns out the way either the clever people or the guessers think it might....... laugh.png

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

If you want, like my Facebook page below :) Will be looking at the potential for a cold Christmas.

https://www.facebook.com/LondonAndTheSouthEastWeather?bookmark_t=page

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

between the 19th and the 23rd flooding looking a real issue again

at present going past the 23rd here is guesswork

the ensembles are sponsored by your local bookmaker at present rofl.gif

my ramp chart is this

gens-0-2-324.png?12

gens-0-0-324.png?12

gens-0-1-324.png?12

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

between the 19th and the 23rd flooding looking a real issue again

at present going past the 23rd here is guesswork

the ensembles are sponsored by your local bookmaker at present rofl.gif

my ramp chart is this

gens-0-2-324.png?12

gens-0-0-324.png?12

gens-0-1-324.png?12

Must be the end of the world coming then.

Posted

and at 144 we get that

ECM0-144.GIF?17-0

yuk

although potential is there

ECM1-144.GIF?17-0

if the low to our west is being overcooked

more runs please although i am sticking to the fax charts from now on

Posted

The rapid strengthening of that low from day 5-6 is almost ridiculous, I can't see it happening like that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Mild here... bleurgh

my energy comp has recently ramped up their prices 10% (bleeding robbers!) so I am happy(er) with mild, do not get me wrong, I love winter, just cannot afford it anymore :(

Posted

So when are we getting rid of this god-awful weather we are having at the moment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Oh ah do one!