Coast

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

if you take these up to the 23rd

thats my fi at present

very heavy rain on the 20th

also 22nd to the 23rd

flooding looks possible

if the ensembles are right expect a big flooding problem right to the end of the year

however up to the 23rd looks bad enough already

lets hope the fax pushes everything further west tomorrow

temperatures on here 22nd to 26th way above average

expect changes tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all!

Bright and warm here!cool.png

Oh dear! I must have fallen asleep and dreamt of the non existent Summer.ph34r.png

Actually dark and foggy. Lovely!sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Morning peeps biggrin.png

Weather models are looking awfull with regards to flooding leading upto christmas and beyond.

It's looking like this is going to be a big news event by tomorrow evening as there is wave after

wave of heavy rain heading our way, not the weather I was hoping for on the run up to Xmas ph34r.png

Shotski

Posted

Morning peeps biggrin.png

Weather models are looking awfull with regards to flooding leading upto christmas and beyond.

It's looking like this is going to be a big news event by tomorrow evening as there is wave after

wave of heavy rain heading our way, not the weather I was hoping for on the run up to Xmas ph34r.png

Shotski

It'll be interesting to see how much rain will have been recorded in some parts here, by the end of this year. I'm particularly thinking of right along the South Coast, which seems to have been affected by frequent showery events from the Channel.

I get the feeling that if we hadn't had the dry February and March this year, this year would have ended up being record breakingly wet. I think the year 2000 was the wettest on record and we'll finish up being not that far behind it.

Edited by Steve C

Posted

It'll be interesting to see how much rain will have been recorded in some parts here, by the end of this year. I'm particularly thinking of right along the South Coast, which seems to have been affected by frequent showery events from the Channel.

I think we are in for 20mm, maybe 30mm over 24 hours:

gfs_prec_eur33.png

gfs_prec_eur36.png

The drive to work could be tricky for some:

gfs_prec_eur39.png

Posted

I think we are in for 20mm, maybe 30mm over 24 hours:

The drive to work could be tricky for some:

Yes, it looks like a worrying amount of rain could fall by the end of the weekend too.sad.png

Do you keep annual rainfall stats Coast?

Posted

Just looking at some others sources, it's hard to soften the blow of what's potentially coming and my estimates of 30mm maybe on the bottom of the scale if you take the accumulations charts from NW Extra's NMM:

post-6667-0-40044100-1355902488_thumb.pn

The rain rate show where the intensity will be and Sussex, especially the coastal strip is at risk:

post-6667-0-45056300-1355902531_thumb.pn

Do you keep annual rainfall stats Coast?

I've got them on my weather station but luckily Eastbourne Borough Council have very full information on weather stats:

http://www.eastbourn...onthly-reports/

Mind you, get this next lot out of the way and Saturday midday looks to bring more:

84_20.gif

What a washout doh.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

Good morning all. Currently 3.4c here. I don't know what it's doing outside as it's too dark and I haven't looked.

Quite horrifying thinking of all that rain coming, especially concerned for all those in the South West and along the Coast. I hope the effects are not as bad as the charts are suggesting.

Got to brave Sainsbury's this morning (other supermarkets are available) and then a short spell at work before more gift wrapping tonight. Ho ho, the delights of Christmas.

Posted

Got to brave Sainsbury's this morning

ph34r.png

That area around Hants/West Sussex keeps showing up on all the models and forecasts I'm looking at. This Met O map for tomorrow early hours shows it too, not sure if it's a topographical thing or not?

post-6667-0-46540600-1355903631_thumb.jp

Edited by Coast

Posted

More wet than white in Christmas run-up: Forecasters warn of seven days of unsettled weather as rain systems sweep the UK

• Met Office has issued a 'heavy rain' alert for southern England
  • East coast of England could expect gusty winds before it clears on Friday
  • Vicar has given a family his house after theirs was destroyed in floods
  • Around 18 million set to take to roads this Christmas
  • Friday is the busiest day for British Airways with 100,000 passengers

article-2250088-1683EAFE000005DC-382_634x425.jpg

Brighton Pier during last week's rainy weather. The Met Office today issued a 'heavy rain' alert for southern England for tomorrow

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2FU0bwdY5

Edited by Coast

Posted

Struggling to find any agency of model that doesn't show significant rainfall in our region during the early hours of tomorrow. NAE probably has the least worse scenario so far:

12122006_2_1900.gif

Struggling to find any agency of model that doesn't show significant rainfall in our region during the early hours of tomorrow. NAE probably has the least worse scenario so far:

12122006_2_1900.gif

This is going to be over 24 Hours of Rainfall? The BBC wanted 3" to fall over to the west of our Region...The environment agency are putting their staff on 24 hr shift patterns..It's going to be a rough ride for a few and I pray that flooding is limited so peoples Christmas's are not ruined. The news paper this morning was reporting on it too (over cooking it of course)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,storms

Looks to be a total washout this coming week.....i hate wearing wellingtons....But you won't catch me with a brolly though!

Posted

This is going to be over 24 Hours of Rainfall?

I think that is the accumulation to that time period, not a full 24 hours. I'm getting a sense that Hants, West Sussex and East Sussex could see 35mm+ by this time tomorrow with other areas in our region between 10mm and 25mm+.

Posted

Look at the moisture being thrown into Southern England tonight into tomorrow:

gfs_mtv_eur33.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Currently 5c here in Ippy and misty. It felt quite warm last night me thinks. :) And it 'smelt' like very early Spring.

Now, about this rain; will EA be getting much? And London?

Have a good day, everyone. And go careful if you're driving in er..driving rain. :D

Posted

Looks to be a total washout this coming week.....i hate wearing wellingtons....But you won't catch me with a brolly though!

I can't bear brolly's either. A real hassle. Give me a hood anyday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
I can't bear brolly's either. A real hassle. Give me a hood anyday.
t2bz1dxirxxxxxxxxx__185810332_jpg_310x310.jpgAh no, you said a hood not a hoodie. doh.gif Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Coast, at least next Monday will be dry in Eastbourne (not sure it links correctly but believe me the rain is forecasted as relentless)

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=10day;sess=

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

And to think this region may well get off lightly with regard to the impending deluges. I'm quite convinced it won't be as persistent as forecast, i.e. every day bar one in the next ten seeing rainfall, though. aggressive.gif