Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still just light rain/drizzle here in Aber, wish it would either turn to snow or stop to let the ground dry out before the main event tomorrow!!

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Interesting just went backwards on BBC News 24 to the last weather forecast and he said the words 'take action'.

Posted

Im not expecting any red warnings at this time

The warnings go on likelyhood and severity of disruption.

So Amber fits best as disruption very likely and severe, liklihood increasing however still time for some changes.

For instance the worst snow could move in any direction over the next 18 hours so still possible of adjustments.

As we seen overnight as snow goes now right to West coast.

I would expect the worst areas to be somewhere where the Amber is shown now, but in the iminent new warnings expect the Amber to adjust further South and West, A small change and perhaps extend would be better word than move.

Red warnings often reserved for during event, but perhaps they will be proactive on this event but prudent more likely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Current conditions in Rhoose ...temp 3.8c, wind 8mph, pressure 1016 and light rain.

Posted

Current conditions in Rhoose ...temp 3.8c, wind 8mph, pressure 1016 and light rain.

that's what I was saying earlier about the temps,they seem very high and need to drop quite a bit before tonights percip gets in. hope they do drop for you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summer days . blizzards winter

as a newbie could someone help how far north and east tomorrows snow will get and will it be rain at sea level across wales. the models look like it will be a lot further west at the mo .acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

SE wind really starting to get going here now, sig wind chill. Temp 3.9c at the moment and overcast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I think the temps will drop when the south easterly picks up?

Posted

ok that's great I was starting to worry that the temps be to high in some parts,so the s easterly winds will force temps back down and then bingo for all(fingers and toes crossed ha ha)

Posted

Interesting just went backwards on BBC News 24 to the last weather forecast and he said the words 'take action'.

Well. That is the text that is issued with a red alert. Maybe a heads up of an impending change in the warning.

Interesting times. I'm actually getting a bit nervous. God knows why.

Posted

Over on TWO, it's being mentioned that heads of valley likely to be worse affected area! I can't help but feel excited!

Posted

That could be the new cold weather alert system used in england as they have a level 3 cold weather action warning out for the next few days. Its not a red warning just means expect it to be very cold , see polar bears and penguins walking past your house etc :)

Posted

Well temps will drop hopefully a bit tonight as temps are lower at night time, but will not really drop like you say until the south-easterly winds kick in, which is likely to be at some point tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Winds picking up feeling pretty chilly !

Posted

I'd put very good money on a red being issued.

I think if a red is issued it will be very shortly before the event or during but I may be wrong.

The meto yellow warning has bveen uodated and i think its a bit further west which could be good for those in pembs :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

The yellow warning area has been expanded to cover all but the very tip of Pembrokeshire

Yes encouraging and amber upgrade expected shortly, and expanding south and west.

Posted

That could be the new cold weather alert system used in england as they have a level 3 cold weather action warning out for the next few days. Its not a red warning just means expect it to be very cold , see polar bears and penguins walking past your house etc smile.png

yep could be! interestingly enough i just saw some walking past!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'd put very good money on a red being issued.

If it stalls and stays heavy then they should

Posted

I think if a red is issued it will be very shortly before the event or during but I may be wrong.

The meto yellow warning has bveen uodated and i think its a bit further west which could be good for those in pembs smile.png

Yes i was saying this earlier today. Unless they are waiting for next GFS run to be certain. Also METO have to warn their priority customers (paying weather report customers) first before they will make it public from what I understand. e.g Police, Gas, Electric, Utilities, Aviation etc etc. RED RED RED!!!

Edited by worldairgroup

Posted

The meto yellow warning has bveen uodated and i think its a bit further west which could be good for those in pembs smile.png

On the previous update the yellow area is quite a bit further west - early yesterday it was barely scraping Carmarthen, now all but the most extreme tip of Pembrokeshire is covered. Will be interesting to see what it's updated to soon-ish. smile.png

Edited by Buzz

Posted

How many member on here rmember the snow in '82 and how bad it was?

I was 8 back then but I can rmember local kids riding their bikes acvross roath park lake and the radio station (then cbc thats a blast from the past) were telling everyone not to do it due to the danger lol