Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well an upgrade to be expected, I guess I'm fence sitting covering a large area especially regarding the depths.

2w6dml1.png

Posted

Why are people talking of rain? Why is it changing?

THere's some talk of marginality on Monday, but for tomorrow it's def forecast as snow.

I suggest you ignore some of the more inflammatory posters on here looking to deliberately mislead folks...

Posted

Should some of us Londoners be worried the fact the temperatures are still high today?

Currently at +2c and during today got as high as +3.7+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Sun warmed it up a bit. No sun tomorrow.

Yes, the sun did warm things up, but as you say no sun tomorrow! So no warm up! Simples.

In shade, it was as cold as the temps suggested they would be, but that sun today was surprisingly warmish. My car recorded 3.5c this afternoon.

Posted

Something strange is happening according to the radar? Anaprop? Evaporation>?

Posted

Should some of us Londoners be worried the fact the temperatures are still high today?

Currently at +2c and during today got as high as +3.7+

Wasnt far off that here today...

But, when I urge caution, I get accused of being "inflammatory", "mild lover" , "BS" and so on.

Just need to keep it real, people. Tempering some expectation with even a tiny dose of reality leads to less disappointment in the end.

I've heard it all before:

"we will be in the freezer for 2 weeks" = "we might be in the fridge for a couple days, then situation normal again".

BTW, as anyone thats been in here this week will know, I am not a mild ramper.My middle name is not cocksoft!

But then again if you are in here just today, you may not know this!

We had a mild sector ruin the last frontal episode. Thats not to say it will definitely happen again, but is something that should always be considered. That was disappointing!

Then, despite METO saying a week of ENE/NE/E winds and North Sea convection, only a couple of coastal places (Sandwich, Deal, etc)saw anything from that. There

just wasn't enough E element to the wind.

Is it just me that remembers we were forecast several cm of convection snow this week?

But I am a realist -- so here's looking forward to how things pan out tomorrow. Stay safe, people! My doggie loves the snow, and I'd like nothing more to see him mucking about in it (he hasnt seen it since last year when he was a couple months old!

Edited by abovefreezing

Posted

But, when I urge caution, I get accused of being "inflammatory", "mild lover" , "BS" and so on.

Just need to keep it real, people. Tempering some expectation with even a tiny dose of reality leads to less disappointment in the end.

I don't think predictions of 4 degress tomorrow is a reality.

Posted

Yes, the sun did warm things up, but as you say no sun tomorrow! So no warm up! Simples.

In shade, it was as cold as the temps suggested they would be, but that sun today was surprisingly warmish. My car recorded 3.5c this afternoon.

It seems obvious to me !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

Gfs shows cold to the 25th now

No surprises there then

The 23rd from the main gfs run would leave us being buried :-)

25th that will be nice, lots of talk tonight on warming up during day today, the sun was very warm today but soon as it went in the temp dropped surely with snow forecast the cloud covering will keep that sun away, would be great here in Croydon to have enough to last us til tues/ weds

Posted

Caution's all well and good AF, but currently flies in the face of ALL forecasts out there. And still don't know how you can call +2 mild...

Posted

We will pick up a strong south easterly wind tomorrow which will make it bitter with temperatures staying below freezing. Ignore anyone who is talking of rain or sleet tomorrow. They are talking complete rubbish.

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Caution's all well and good AF, but currently flies in the face of ALL forecasts out there. And still don't know how you can call +2 mild...

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/ashford

This is his 4C predition :p

Posted

Something strange is happening according to the radar? Anaprop? Evaporation>?

It doesn't seem to be moving closer, it should be just reaching me now but there's definitely nothing falling outside. It is completely covering the Midlands though so just checked in the E.Midlands regional thread and Derbyshire is getting heavy snow right now! So it seems to be real ppn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

mr murr ...hope you are settling in well in your new home ...just a quick one sorry to be imby ..but wife does"nt do well in the car driving at the best of times let alone in the snow . will i be taking her to thamesmead ???? thank you in advance. alan

Posted

The stalled front is pushing up against the cold air from the East - (ie. Heathrow showing 7mph Easterly) doubt will see action until until the event tomorrow when the wind turns. You can see this starting to happen along the southern coast - cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

THere's some talk of marginality on Monday, but for tomorrow it's def forecast as snow.

I suggest you ignore some of the more inflammatory posters on here looking to deliberately mislead folks...

Yep, beware the WUM

Posted

It doesn't seem to be moving closer, it should be just reaching me now but there's definitely nothing falling outside. It is completely covering the Midlands though so just checked in the E.Midlands regional thread and Derbyshire is getting heavy snow right now! So it seems to be real ppn.

Wolverhampton is getting it also, watching the Racing on Sky :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

I am new to this I want to learn and would like to get a weather station can anyone recommend one? I don't want to spend loads

Posted

Currently 2.0C here, and part cloudy. Nothing falling though.

Im still nervous that the front wont make it here tomorrow!