IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THIS FORECASTER - https://www.facebook...&type=2

Instead we get woman who wants to be models as forecasters or (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockroft who loves bad forecasts and rain

victor, our own version is back tommorrow she will be better as she is a forecaster not a presenter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Is that band entering Cornwall now tomorrows snow?

Indeed it is clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Now here's something you dont see every day in Essex. Locals to where I live this is the Water Fountain at the Bell House Pub just around the corner from me! Could not resist a snap earlier

post-24-0-50321700-1358450441_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-61243000-1358450462_thumb.jpg

Paul S

Did you pop in for a pint while you were there is the real question though? What you think of those flats Cummings has had built opposite the Bell, hes a angel delight that bloke

Posted

alot of broken hearts in portsmouth and the isle of white and along the south coast its raining.

i hate to slate the met office but they once again got local forecast very very wrong although this is normal unless the cold air comes from the east or northeast.

might be best not to bother visting the sw and southern thread.

im pretty cheesed of to but hey thats the weather enjoy people.

Yep, I could see it going this way when it hit 6.8c in the garden here today - not raining here yet, but doesn't look like it's far off & temps still up at 4.7c.

Will need some magic to get the temps down now with all this cloud cover...

cray.gif

Edited by mrkipling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

alot of broken hearts in portsmouth and the isle of white and along the south coast its raining.

i hate to slate the met office but they once again got local forecast very very wrong although this is normal unless the cold air comes from the east or northeast.

might be best not to bother visting the sw and southern thread.

im pretty cheesed of to but hey thats the weather enjoy people.

Met Office forecasted 3C overnight so don't worry too much, tomorrow it's meant to drop to 0C when the snow comes although maybe a little more marignal in Portsmouth and still a little nervous myself, but so far MO have been correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

However insignificant this maybe, but I just took a walk too the shops. Heading West as I did too the shops, it wasn't nippy at all, however, on the way back, heading east into the light breeze, bone chilling! Shame that area of sleet/snow can't make it further east.

Cannot wait until tomorrow, gonna be memorable I tell ya! clapping.gif

Looking forward to maybe going Red on the Met!?? crazy.gif

Posted

Seems like Southern/Westcoastal areas are having rain looking at their thread...ouchsad.png ...hope the se winds turn theirs to snow and soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Cnt keep up with all the posts,leave for a min and loads more pages,severe frost here,no breeze nothing like the other day before we got snow

Posted

this is looking more promising than the feb 2012 frontal event from the north...

as someone said I few posts behind this one - how come no one is talking about convective snow from the east tomorrow? is it even possible (to get snow from two different directions?)

Posted

Did you pop in for a pint while you were there is the real question though? What you think of those flats Cummings has had built opposite the Bell, hes a angel delight that bloke

Chris Cummings is a total ar$ehead and lives down the end of the road from me in The Maze, those flats are so cheap looking and his plumber cut off our water supply the other day (Shoddy Cowboy builders)so not best pleased with him. Think he is renting 6 of em and selling 2 (8 flats in total)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

What sort of dew points are we looking at for snow rather than rain? Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Here is my pic on the tv. I almost feel famous haha :) it's made my daypost-16115-0-35252000-1358452672_thumb.j

Proper pic

post-16115-0-80563400-1358452721_thumb.j

No idea why it's sideways?!

Edited by Tilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

ust dropped from -1 tp 0 now,is that good or bad,plz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Snow is in the air here, very low on the Murr Scale but once again smells like the Alps in this neck of the woods. It's coming!!

Posted

Ok are the temps in London dropping my fellow Londoners? Hope so

Gone up from 2.0C to 2.2C last half hour!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Chris Cummings is a total abcdefghead and lives down the end of the road from me in The Maze, those flats are so cheap looking and his plumber cut off our water supply the other day (Shoddy Cowboy builders)so not best pleased with him. Think he is renting 6 of em and selling 2 (8 flats in total)

Yeah, I know of him well and hes antics, I was actually in hes daughters class at Heycroft too. Cant believe he got away with putting them up considering he didnt have permission when he knocked the old building down to build new ones. And as for the builders, they were called P. R. Hills not that long ago, now the vans have CherryRed written on them, so you know whats happened there. Complete joke.

And as for the weather, its cold, haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Snow is in the air here, very low on the Murr Scale but once again smells like the Alps in this neck of the woods. It's coming!!

Smells like snow in my back garden too :)