Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I have 5" difts here already

06z rolling lol

heavy snow will continue on through the afternoon and evening for the south of the region, else where probably light stuff..

Posted

Its a knife edge situation here for us in the east,think we will get some,but nothing compared to further south west

cheers

Posted

It's stalled with moisture and a lot of energy/instability being injected from the south west, I cannot see this dying for another 15-24 hours. Drifts here are massive too ahah.

It's stalled with moisture and a lot of energy/instability being injected from the south west, I cannot see this dying for another 15-24 hours. Drifts here are massive too ahah.

actually your not wrong there, can see against some fences around 8/10cm from blowing snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

heavy snow will continue on through the afternoon and evening for the south of the region, else where probably light stuff..

What are your best estimates for totals for us, HC?

Posted

Some good intensity to the south eastern areas of our region, as forecasted, but it really is struggling to make progress past a line from Fleetwood-Preston-Central Greater Manchester and southern peak district... Think this could be the start of the dome shield for those places further east lol

It doesn't seem to be moving north nor east of Manchester at the moment. It's either that or the front edge is dying out as it advances. We shall see what happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

I think we could be in a spot of bother!

just a spot???

Posted

Looks like some heavier stuff moving N currently line across from south Blackpool through to Chorley and Horwich. WYSIWYG you digging yourself out yet ?

Yeah it's a bit heavier here now, bigger flakes and the sky is completely flat grey now as opposed to earlier when I could see the actual cloud bottoms. Deceptive in terms of accumulation as HC mentioned earlier. Still one or two bare and amazingly dry!!!! patches on the paths, but some cheeky little drifts forming now. Flat fall equivalent probably 3cm now when added to last night's effort.

Posted

Stoke on Trent 20 miles south reporting blizzards and drifting snow. Very heavy snow here to in Sandbach now acc: 5-6cm and now sticking oin all surfaces.

Posted

Looks like some heavier stuff moving N currently line across from south Blackpool through to Chorley and Horwich. WYSIWYG you digging yourself out yet ?

Nothing particularly bad here yet. Just moderate snow.

Posted

What are your best estimates for totals for us, HC?

at the insane rate this is falling, can us comfortably beating 2010, there is lots of reasons to be happy with this...perfect location and fresh injection of energy along with huge amounts of moisture...10/15cm guesstimate is wrong, we already have 4.5cm on the deck, and most of that from the past 45 minutes, could be very interesting depths later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

I am looking at the all the time frames on meto radar... its still making progress NE that front and hasnt even started to pivot northwards yet. Very slow though and nothing here at the moment.

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

It doesn't seem to be moving north nor east of Manchester at the moment. It's either that or the front edge is dying out as it advances. We shall see what happens.

Yes, the visible line on it's eastern flank as barely moved in the last hour of animation....really hope there is a renewed resurgence eastwards but starting to have doubts now....it will only be light here if anything...

post-727-0-25171900-1358503028_thumb.jpg

Posted

I'm on the very edge of it and the rate of snow is slowly increasing, so it is moving but incredibly slowly.

Posted

Back to nothing again here now, can BC or HC give an estimate on what to expect for my area? Tyldesley