Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

I know why your worrying, having lived alot of my life about 1 mile from the thames, anything that is marginal will make a difference there.

With that being said conditions France is snowy, most of the SE is snowy and that will help to cool the surface airflow. I think the most worrying thing would be the lack of snow cover for your location. Anywhere that has any snow lying on the ground come Sunday should get some snow from this front IF it makes it here (plenty of time to change)

Lol thanks for that I think Darren

The fact nobody to my south or south east has any snowcover for this airflow to pass over pushes the confidence level down from 25% to 20% rofl.gifaggressive.gif

The rest of you should be okay though! Pmsl

Anyhow thats me done until later tomorrow and then will check charts and model forecasts to see how we are faring, hoping for a good outcome!

Laters!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Really happy for those who got it

Request please

Please don't say anything is a certain unless it is as a lot of us here are very sad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

14cms/5.5 inches here and still snowing but very lightly...

And here's our snow penguin biggrin.png

well 14 cm looks tops at mo

Why do people seriously want snow? Isn't the Uk economy in a messed up state as it is? Another few days/week and things will be a lot worse!

1 cm here.

Cos it's fun! The UK economy is way too messed up with structural problems for a bit of snow to make much difference long term.

Posted

Kaddy now saying she may have to eat her words about snow in Kent later! Oh dear

Well there is a shock.

We could see from about midday that it was going Pete Tong for the Eastern half.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

temps now -2c and still snowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

London Snow when are we meant to show our inches, so to speak? smile.png

Please Jezzer, its before the 9 o'clock water shed!

Ok, 6.00 p.m. tomorrow for Half/Time measurements and 9.00 a.m Monday morning for final measurements.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

UKMO keeps it cold till Thursday - GFS shows milder air pushing in on Wednesday. Watch GFS backtrack on this one (again)!

Edited by mulzy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Ha Ha

Just a tad over 13.4cms here mate still very light snow

Oh dear I'm 1-0 down, but we're still in the first half smile.png I've also included some piccies I've just taken. Had such a crazy busy day at the Beeb but snow watch kept me entertained!

Here are my pics from Byfleet and New Haw Station car park, New Haw Lock and also my depth in the garden. Bang on 10cm of snow in mid lawn in New Haw, Surrey!

post-9962-0-07646000-1358526402_thumb.jp

post-9962-0-85980200-1358526585_thumb.jp

post-9962-0-29886600-1358526598_thumb.jp

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Hope so.

A little bit on the knife edge side though for my liking:

51-101.GIF?18-12

51-7.GIF?18-12

warm sector looks a bit close for comfort here, all we need in east kent is bloody rain after todays snow drought..

Posted

Thinking a Thames streamer is a real possiblity come tomorrow guys. BBC will not show this on maps as it is a very tough one to call however if it hits my god will you know about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers

Has raintoday stopped working or is it just me ???

Posted

Kaddy now saying she may have to eat her words about snow in Kent later! Oh dear

WHAT a surprise!!!!

Jumping in the car Sunday and taking a drive in to Sussex, my daughter and me have to see some snow this year!

Temp -0.2, so at least i've had a sub zero day.

Posted

warm sector looks a bit close for comfort here, all we need in east kent is bloody rain after todays snow drought..

Those temps are looking good for areas w & sw of london even central london. I wonder if it factors in snow cover which can aid temps down.

Posted

I'm not good at weather at all LOL. Just came here to try learn a bit and see what's happening. May I ask what a streamer is (mentioned above) thames streamer?

Posted

Well that's the second MAJOR disappointment of no snow within a space of a week!!!!! Not believing anything now until its actually fallen in my back garden!!!.......including Sunday!

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

looking at the last few frames on the radar ( www.meteoradar.co.uk ) the current precipitation in sussex / west kent seems to get to the line of the M20 ( Ashford to Maidstone ) and then just doesent want to go any further east !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Snow has been quite heavy again here over the past 30 minutes, I'd say were at about 8 cm , it hasn't stopped since 9am ....that's now 7 1/2 hours of non stop snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

Well snow stopped about an hour ago, temps dropping and snow and wet places freezing over in Central London. Total about 5cm here.

Could be another snow event on Sunday for the South-east so those who didn't see anything today, there is still hope later down the line.

what annoys me about MetOffice is not their ability to get it right/wrong- its a modelling nightmare and you'll never get it right

but very very few updates - I mean MetO site still showing heavy snow for here- Chelmsford now, and for 7pm - is that accurate ? I'd say not - so why not update ? People choose to leave work early etc because of the weather and associated weather forecasts - so should be as accurate as possible, not have the odd sporadic update ?

Edited by Buckster76